Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: The Tiki Hut  (Read 66351 times)

MrsGilGrissom

The Tiki Hut
« on: January 08, 2009, 01:12:46 AM »
I started this story a while ago on my message board. After the site got deleted and with all the other stuff that has been going on, I guess I was sorta depressed and never picked this back up. I was hoping to finish it before Grissom leaves so that my story isn't spoiled by what really happens; but now I'm not so sure the writers will ever give us the satisfaction of knowing the very episode he leaves. We'll see where this goes.

Hope you like it. I love reading the comments, they help me write better... and if you ever have an idea about what is going to happen, feel free to post a guess... although it may be incorrect, it gives me something wo play with to make my readers happy. Who knows.. I may throw in a bit of your idea for you.

It's a short story, so I warn you in advance for small chapters.

CHAPTER 1

The day is cool and breezy, the sun beating playfully upon the faces of the people passing. With the cool breeze comes a steady flow of customers, all with their own story; some crazy, some inspiring.

Ted and Katie had a brief break and were cleaning up the counter at their little tiki hut when a good looking man in his fifties made his way over, and took a seat on the middle stool. "Hello," he said, sounding a bit lost. "Hi there," Katie spoke as she shook her rag over the trashcan, and slung it over her shoulder. "What brings you here?"

The man readjusted himself on the stool, and it was clear to the couple that more than a drink brought the gentleman to them. "Unfortunately nothing as simple as a drink," he replied, "I'll take a lemonade." Ted touched his wife's arm and let her know that he would get it for her. Katie watched as Ted walked to the side of the hut, "What's worrying you honey?"

The man chuckled a bit at being called honey by someone older than him, he was always the one to patronize. He raised his eyebrow at her. "It's about a girl, isn't it?" Katie shook her head as she laughed silently to herself. The traveler nodded. "It always is," she said. Ted returned with the drink, and handed it to him. "Here you are, Mister??" The man looked down at the drink, and finally up. "Grissom."

Billyjorja

Re: The Tiki Hut
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 05:47:17 AM »
Ash,

Glad you decided to put this story here.  I was really enjoying it and hope things turn out good for him.

Keep going.

Trish

caz

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 07:33:54 AM »
looking forward to reading the next chapter

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 08:16:19 AM »
I'm glad you decided to continue with your story, keep going.

RusCSI

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 08:38:16 AM »
I'm really happy that you posted it here. I missed it very much. Looking for another update, thanks.

MrsGilGrissom

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 08:47:26 AM »
CHAPTER 2

"Here you are, mister Grissom." "Thank you..?" The bartender laughed, "Right, silly me, I'm Ted, and this here is my wife Katie." Grissom reached across the bar and held out his hand, "Nice to meet you, Ted." He shook Ted's hand and then extended it to Katie and shook hers too. "...and Katie."

He moved his hands back to the large glass of lemonade and watched as the sweat ran down its sides and onto the bar top. "Well, come on," Katie said, urging him forward, "Don't be a stranger now." Grissom looked up from his cup. "I'm looking for my?" he paused for a moment, not sure what to say, "my fianc?." Katie looked at Ted, "Oh!" Ted spoke knowingly, "What did you do? Leave the toilet seat up?"

Grissom readjusted on the stool again, "I wish that?s all it was. It's a long story." Ted threw up a hand, "Oh hey, I get it! Katie's the one for long stories, but I wont drag it out of you. Relax though son, it'll get better." Again Grissom chuckled at the though of being babied by these folks he had just met. "I gotta run some errands, I'll see you around Mr. Grissom." "Gil," he said, "You can call me Gil." Ted nodded, gave Katie a kiss, and replied "See you around Gil."

After Ted left, Katie started up again. "So what happened dear? Feel free to stay as long as you like, we're nice folks, we don't bite." Grissom nodded, "Thanks Katie, I appreciate it."

For the next few hours Grissom filled Katie in on a complicated relationship that was his and Sara's. She nodded and spoke in the right places, comforting him in his decisions. "Sounds like a special girl, or else you wouldn't have chased her all the way to Puerto Ayora." Grissom grinned slightly, "Yea, she's everything to me, but I just can't seem to get it right. I'm afraid to love and have my heart broken, to give and not receive."

Katie slammed her fist on the counter, "Honey, I understand you're confused, but you've gotta pull your head out of the microscope." Grissom looked confused, 'How the hell?' Katie continued, "You may be afraid, but you're not the only one. Have you ever asked her how she felt? How about all those years she was chasing after you but you overlooked her? We all are afraid, but the great thing about love is that you give your heart to someone, and you trust that they won't break it."

Grissom sat for a moment in silence, and stood up, and grabbed his bags. "Thanks so much Katie, I could kiss you!" He ran off down the beach, and she laughed to herself. "That girl is lucky.

trishj

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 09:10:07 AM »
glad you decided to finish the story  I enjoyed reading it and wondered how you were going to end it            update when you can

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 09:30:05 AM »
Great ud! Go Grissom Go!

sixtyplus

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 11:40:40 AM »
Yes I like it I like it a lot please continue soon.

MrsGilGrissom

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 09:50:52 PM »
CHAPTER 3

A few hours later, near dusk, Grissom returned to the hut. He sat on a stool and watched the night life. All the couples on the beach during the night dances. Katie was no where to be found, so he waited. There was nothing else he could do.

The people who were tending to the bar were young, probably in their twenties. They told Grissom that they were Ted and Katie's kids, and that their parents would be back later after they had dinner. Grissom finally came out of his funk, and began talking to the daughter, Chelsea. Chelsea had told Grissom how Ted and Katie had met here at this very tiki hut, and in no time were married. "It's amazing," she said with a gleam in her eyes, "They've been together for thirty years. I hope I find a love that lasts that long, and more."

After a few hours, Ted and Katie returned, relieving their children of their duties. "Welcome back son," Ted spoke as he donned his apron. "How are you this evening?" "Okay I supposed." Katie came to the bar after she put her own apron on. "What's the matter, dear?" Grissom let out a sigh of defeat. "I can't find her anywhere. She said she was here. She wanted me to come with her, I know she's here."

Katie leaned on the counter, "Okay, so you know she's here. Did she give you any clues as to where she could be?" Grissom thought, "I don?t know, I checked the hotels, no one says there's a Sara Sidle registered in any of their rooms." Katie laughed, "Honey, they aren't going to tell just anyone." Grissom laughed at himself, 'Right, I'm not in Vegas, they didn't know I was a CSI."

"Well, it's been a while since she said she was here. I got an email.. She decided to go out with the Sea Shepherd, and?" "Did you say Sea Shepherd?" Grissom nodded, "Yea, why? Do you know something?" Katie pulled a notebook out of a drawer and flipped through some pages. "We're an affiliate of the Sea Shepherd here, along with our hotel down the beach, we offer some vacation packages, discounted of course, and?. Here it is! They're out for a 3 day excursion, they should be back on Tuesday."

Grissom sighed, and Katie laughed. "It's okay honey, you haven't lost her, relax!" A mob of customers came up to the bar and Katie and Ted served them until they had a brief intermission. "Have you got yourself a hotel room, son?" Ted asked. Grissom told him he had not, that he had flew in earlier that day, and had nothing other than a rental car.

"Don't worry about it. Hotels are usually packed this time of year, the holidays? but we hold a few rooms open for? special guests. We'll set you up with one." Grissom thanked them, and continued watching the crowd. After about another hour, Katie told Grissom to come with her. She took him to the  Tiki Hotel, ironically, and showed him a room.

"This is our honeymoon suite. I'm giving you a good deal on this one, you're paying 25% of what we usually ask." Grissom again thanked her, and asked to please let him pay full price. "Honey, I don?t want your money. You're special, I can feel it. I'd offer the room to you free if we didn?t have to worry about the hotel closing."

Katie grew silent after her last comment. Being the man he was, Grissom insisted, and wouldn?t let her say no. She graciously accepted, and left him to his room.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 09:52:24 PM by MrsGilGrissom »

Butterfly114

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 10:53:57 PM »
Just got caught up, very interesting, continue soon.

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 10:59:57 PM »
Great chapter!

MrsGilGrissom

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 12:12:53 AM »
I'm trying to get this up fast so maybe I can get to the end of this before the love of my life leaves  :(

CHAPTER 4

Grissom walked to his rental, and grabbed his bags. He packed nearly everything he owned. He didn't know how long it would take, and he didn't care.

After a few trips in and out, he finally had everything in his room, and headed for the shower. Once he finished, he sat on the edge of the bed. 'What the hell am I going to do for three days?' He sighed and laid back on the bed, 'I'm here Sara, can you feel it?'

'I've been so stupid,' he though, 'What the hell have a been afraid of? Everything was right there in front of me? right there! What am I going to do? She'll be back in three days, but what do I do?' Grissom got up from the bed, restless, and decided to take a walk.

He made his way outside, and was immediately hit with the smell of flowers, and the sound of happy people. He wanted so bad to have that again, so he walked. He had to keep busy and do something, or he felt like he was doing nothing, just like Sara had said.

He made his way around to the back of the hotel, and took a stroll along the beach. There weren't too many people there this night, since the air was a little chilly. 'All the better,' Grissom thought. As he continued along, he got closer and closer to the waters edge, and finally let his feet do as they wished. He stood unmoving in the water, eyes closed, arms at his side, relaxed.

The wind felt so good around him, he sighed. In the process of Sara and his teenager phase, when they talked 24/7, and couldn?t stand not to see each other, they discussed how they had felt when the other wasn?t around. When Sara left for San Francisco, she told him the same things over the phone.

"Sara, I can't do this. I need you here." There was silence on the phone, and a sniffle. "I love you Gil?," silence again, and a small laugh. "Remember what I said? When we are apart?" Grissom swallowed, and looked down. "Yes honey, I know." "Tell me, Gil." He sighed and smiled, "I'm still around when you think otherwise. I am the wind playing with your hair, the sun touching your skin."

Standing there on the beach, he laughed. Everyone else would've called him crazy if he had said Sara was a romantic. She had even sent him a song about the things she had said. He was always amazed at how she seemed to find the perfect match out there? songs, movies, poems. She told him it was the same as his way with poems.

Just thinking about her touch after so long caused him to groan. It'd be a long time since they'd really gone to bed together. It felt wrong for the two of them to do anything after their friend had died, so they laid in bed and comforted each other, and that was enough at the time. Now he wanted to show her just how bad he really wanted her, and to make up for all the stupid mistakes he had made.

Billyjorja

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 05:47:04 AM »
You're almost up to where you were before.  Can't wait for more, I really feel for him alone and waiting for her.

Trish

RusCSI

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 07:01:52 AM »
Yes, soon the place where it was ended will appear. Keep it going.