Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Life, Unexpected  (Read 4254 times)

dyneemo

Life, Unexpected
« on: February 22, 2009, 11:11:05 PM »
Okay. This is going to be different and I waited until AFTER Grissom left CSI to even write it because I wanted to insure that we had our happy "GSR" before I did anything. This will not be a GSR story; will have implied GSR. Remember: I am a HUGE GSR fan so this is sort of a test of my writing ability. Gil/Cath and historical GSR. Please be gentle

Sara opened an eye, squeezing the other one shut in a desperate bid to gain just 5 more minutes of much needed rest. The radiating sound of the alarm clock next to her taunted her as though it were a child in the midst of a temper tantrum. Slamming her hand down on the snooze button, she closed her eye and burrowed down beneath the comforter, letting the soothing sounds of silence lure her back into sleep.

Fifteen minutes later she was up, rushing through her bedroom as she stumbled her way towards the hallway.

Coffee

That was always her first thought upon waking. After all, what was the point in getting out of bed if you didn?t at least have a cup of coffee? She could smell the tantalizing scent of the dark brew as the timer on the pot downstairs started automatically. She showered quickly, knowing she?d wasted precious minutes by going back to sleep and now she would have to rush to make up for them.

But fifteen more minutes of sleep was worth it, wasn?t it?

After wrapping a robe around herself, she towel tried her hair as she went back down the hallway, stopping first in the bedroom next to hers.

She wasn?t surprised to find Emma asleep on the floor again, her little feet sticking out from underneath her neatly made bad. Kneeling down, Sara gently touched one stocking clad foot. ?Hey? She said softly ?Em? Come on, Sweety....it?s time to be up?

The foot came to life in the form of a stretch as her daughter yawned. ?Emma,? Sara repeated ?You have to stop sleeping under the bed?

As her daughter retreated from her sleeping spot, she rubbed her eyes as she emerged, sitting with her back against the bed. ?I was looking for bugs.? She said sleepily.

Of course she was. In addition to brilliant blue eyes, Emma Marie had inherited her father?s appetite for entomology at a very young age and was always bringing in interesting crawling specimens to study. Unfortunately, when she was younger many of these specimens were already expired, partially expired or headless.  Now, at the age of 5, she had a cased collection to envy even some of those at the local university.

Sara reached out and ruffled Emma?s long dark hair. ?Well, you?re going to catch cold sleeping on the floor like that. You can look for bugs in bed?

Emma gave her a look ?There are no bugs in my bed, Momma?

Sara shrugged as she stood up ?You keep sleeping under your bed and there?ll be bugs in it? She told her ?Now get yourself ready so we?re not late?

She smiled at her daughter before leaving the room, heading next into the room at the end of the hallway. Unlike his sister, Ethan Michael Grissom was sleeping soundly in his bed even if his feet were where his head normally would be. Sara sat and lifted the covers from the foot of the bed to reveal her son?s light brown curls before bending to kiss him softly on the forehead. ?Ethan,? She said softly ?It?s time to wake up?

His nose ruffled as he tried to burrow under the covers she?d removed, desperate for just a few more minutes of sleep. ?Come on? Sara said as she stood and pulled the covers off ?No going back to sleep. We?re already late?

His eyes opened, dark brown orbs so much like her own and he looked at her ?School should be later?

?Yeah,? She sighed ?So should work....but they?re now so you have to get up?

By the time she?d finished almost a full cup of coffee, the twins had been showered, dressed and fed before they all rushed out the door and into the car. It was a routine they?d managed quite well in their single parent household on a quiet street in the busy Las Vegas city.

Please let me know what you think thus far
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 12:21:48 AM by dyneemo »

Billyjorja

Re: Life, Unexpected
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 06:48:14 AM »
Oh Dy, I have missed your stories.

Please continue when you can, glad you are back.

Trish

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 08:12:06 AM »
Great start, keep going!

Butterfly114

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 08:27:09 AM »
Great start, update soon.

RusCSI

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 06:16:50 AM »
I just caught it up. Please, keep it going  :)

caz

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 08:59:49 AM »
great start :)