Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: The Tiki Hut  (Read 67184 times)

MrsGilGrissom

Re: The Tiki Hut
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 07:41:39 AM »
CHAPTER 5

After Grissom had returned to his room and took off his shirt and pants, he climbed into bed. He hadn't really felt like doing much else, not even admiring the beautiful room he had been given.

He fell asleep immediately, for the first time in a long time, perhaps because he knew he would see Sara soon. He dreamt of seeing her again. They exchanged no words, and she took him by the hand and into her room.

The next morning he had breakfast in the diner at the hotel. He could've ordered room service, of course, but felt the need to be in the midst of people. 'No self pity today,' he thought, 'at least I'm gonna  try.'

After finishing his breakfast, he decided to use his time to do some arranging for when he would finally see Sara, and undoubtedly woo her again.

Grissom walked the crowded streets and made his way to several vendors and shops. 'How ridiculous of me to rent a car,' he had thought, realizing that everything was in walking distance. As he was deciding to leave, one shop caught his eye. There were hats of all shapes and sizes, and the one that had caught his eye was a big floppy straw hat. He laughed to himself.

"Honey, that thing is ridiculous,  please take it off," Sara said as they were walking up the driveway after shift. He smirked and ignored her. He unlocked the door, and opened it. She walked past him, and as if they had shared opposite sides of one brain, he quickly put his hand on the hat as she tried to swipe it off his head. He smiled. She sighed and walked in the house. "I'll get it from you."

The only time he had taken it off that night was while they showered. He finished first, and felt so sly as he pulled on a pair of boxer-briefs, and put on that silly hat. He laid in bed and watched the doorway of the bathroom until Sara finally came out, in her towel. "Gil Grissom, If you don't take that hat off, I'm sleeping on the couch." He grinned slyly. "Come take it from me."

caz

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 07:49:33 AM »
Just caught up

great story

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 08:15:06 AM »
Great chapter!

Butterfly114

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 08:35:21 AM »
The straw hat, my favorite, update soon.................

MrsGilGrissom

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 10:47:50 AM »
CHAPTER 6

A little after lunch time, Grissom headed back to his room, and dropped off his things. Undecided with what to do with the rest of his day,  he headed down to the beach, and to the tiki hut.

"Hey," Grissom said as he saw Ted and Katie. "Hi there," Katie said. "How are you today?" Ted asked as he slid a drink across the bar to a customer. "I'm doing okay, hanging in there." He took a seat on one of the stools, and continued, "I want to thank you guys again for the hotel room. I slept well." They both agreed it was no problem. "Glad to hear it," Katie said.

"I have to admit, I've never been so flustered before. I came here after Sara without so much as a plan. I didn't even book a hotel room." Katie laughed, "Well fate has fixed you up." Grissom sighed, "I hope so." After a few moments of silence Grissom laughed.

"Well, you are always the man with the plan," Sara said as she kissed him.

"What's so funny, dear?" Katie asked, leaning on the counter, no doubt waiting for a story. "Oh nothing," he said, "Sara just always called me the man with the plan." Katie came around the counter and sat on a stool next to him, "Maybe it's better that you don?t have a plan this time; you can't plan love. It's best that you react to what your heart tells you, because if you plan it out, she'll think that you're only doing it because you know she's here to stay? that you're going through the motions."

"How do you give such great advice?" Grissom asked her. "I'm a woman, and I know what I want, and what I want is similar to what other women want. A guy who respects her decision, who is smart, and good looking," Katie smiled as Ted walked over to the counter, "And maybe can do a bit of mind reading." Grissom chuckled, "Of course. I'm lacking in that department.. Hey, can I help you guys out around here."

Katie got up and moved back around the counter, "No honey, you're on vacation... sorta, you relax." "Really, it's not a problem, I haven't got a clue what to do and if you don?t let me help, I'll be bored for the next two days?" Grissom looked from Ted to Katie and watched as smiles appeared on their faces, "Okay, come get yourself an apron."

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 10:51:44 AM »
great chapter! I bet he looks good in an apron! lol

sixtyplus

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 11:44:19 AM »
Hey this is good and I know that grissom looks good in an apron ,in fact he looks good full stop, more soon please .

caz

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 02:08:56 PM »
another great chapter

I bet he does look good in an apron ;)

Butterfly114

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 04:15:06 PM »
That's good keep Grissom busy until Sara returns.

RusCSI

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 11:45:40 PM »
Oh yeah  ;)
Keep it going.

MrsGilGrissom

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2009, 01:21:48 AM »
Almost there.....

CHAPTER 7

Grissom enjoyed working at the bar with Ted and Katie, it was quite a calming experience. Although the work kept him busy, it didn't keep him from thinking about the empty days ahead, and what he was going to do when he saw Sara.

Grissom couldn't believe how it felt to not be working as a CSI for once. He actually saw people smiling as he worked; they had life behind their eyes.

In between customers, Grissom got to speak more with Ted and Katie about their history, and that of the bar and hotel. Katie had told him that her she inherited the hotel like a hand-me-down.

The hotel had been in their family for 70 years, and she had gotten it when her parents died. In the process she had met Ted and they started a family of their own. When Katie's parents died, her and Ted took over, and she added on the Tiki Hut for Ted. Everyone in the family contributed to the work, making it a true family business.

Katie told about all the other jobs that she does, such as her working in the hotel lobby. "It's great," she said, "...being your own boss. I don't have to be confined to one area."

It was at that moment Grissom formulated a plan. Once he told Katie about it, she agreed to help out, and to be in the lobby Tuesday evening when the Sea Shepherd returned.

Now all Grissom had to do was wait, and hope that it all played out how he planned.

Billyjorja

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2009, 05:19:52 AM »
Thats where I got up to last time, more soon please.

He looks good in anything to me.

Trish

MrsGilGrissom

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2009, 08:45:58 AM »
It's a real new chapter this time...

CHAPTER 8

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Katie asked, smiling ear to ear. He could see that this was making her happy as well. "Yes, I do. I think it's my best idea yet, and I can't wait to put it into action." Grissom took off his apron and hung it up. "It's right down the street then?" Grissom asked. Katie laughed at how worked up he looked, "Yes dear, right down the street on your right. You'll see it, don't worry."

That was easy to say, but was impossible to do right at the moment.  Grissom walked down the long street full of stores and vendors, a big smile on his face. He finally made his way to the store he was looking for and with a great big breath, stepped through the doors. Suddenly, nervousness  was the only thing was experiencing at this point.

After what seemed an eternity, Grissom emerged from the store and headed back down to the Tiki Hut.

He and Katie talked some more about his plan, while having lunch. They visited a few businesses together to get everything ready.

Grissom took a deep breath. "I can't believe it's Tuesday already. We had so much going on I lost track." Katie tugged on his jacket and wiped off something he hadn't noticed. "Don't worry."
Grissom laughed nervously, "You keep saying that." She shook her head at him, "I keep meaning it too."

After a few moments of trying to pull himself together, he looked up the stairs. "So you'll be in the lobby then?" Grissom looked desperate. "I will. When she comes back, I'll be the first person she sees," Katie paused, noticing he still seemed almost as lost as he did when he first showed up at the bar. "Go to your room, and relax."

RusCSI

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2009, 08:58:09 AM »
Such a great plan :) Let's see how she will react... :) I have an anticipation of it...

caz

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2009, 09:11:07 AM »
great

now im off to relax till next chapter :)