Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: The Invisible  (Read 99530 times)

csi_forever1

Re: The Invisible
« Reply #150 on: December 30, 2009, 03:16:56 AM »
"Where did he go?" Grissom felt uneasy. Emma quickly retrieved a piece of scrap paper and a pen and began to scibble down something.

"He's headed west," she said as she continued writing, "to the coast."

"With... Sara?" he asked, with a lump in his throat. He didn't like where this was going...

"Yes, but you're going to need to hurry," she said as she finished writing and handed him the piece of paper, "he's probably halfway there by now." He looked at the paper and noticed the collection of directions she wrote out for him.

"Where exactly is he going?" Emma's eyes were empty as she answered him.

"To Devil's Slide, off of the Cabrillo highway." Noticing Grissom's look of slight confusion, she explained further. "He's taking her to the cliffs." his eyes grew wide and his mouth was left wide open.

"No..." Grissom whispered outloud.

This couldn't be happening. They were just so close. They had taken one step forward, and ten steps back. He turned slightly and watched Sara. Her expression was blank, her eyes stared straight out ahead of her, with her arms wrapped around her midsection, grabbing at her sides.

"It's a half hour drive, you need to hurry if you want to catch him." Emma informed him.
Grissom held the directions tightly in his hands and nodded slightly, still in deep thought. After a moment he met Emma's gaze. She offered him a sad smile.

"Sara always told me to believe." her voice was barely above a whisper, yet full of hope.

"Thank you."

And within seconds, he had run from the house and jumped into the car, Sara already sitting in the passenger's seat. Grissom sped away quickly as they then sat back and began the fight against time. After about 15 minutes of silence, Sara finally spoke.

"I'm sorry."

Grissom looked at her incredulously, disbelief written all across his face.

"What are you talking about?" he gasped, "You haven't done anything wrong."

She shook her head stubbornly, and pursed her lips together.

"I've done everything wrong. If I hadn't fought with Jason that one day--"

"No!" Grissom yelled angrily. "This is not your fault Sara!" he kept his grip on the steering wheel tight as he tried to keep his temper under control. He took a deep breath before saying anything else. "You didn't ask for any of this." his voice was noticably softer.

Silence engulfed them once more as they became lost in their thoughts. Five more minutes ticked by before Sara spoke again.

"Gil," she inhaled deeply and closed her eyes, "If... I don't... survive this..."

"Sara." Grissom's voice was full of warning.

"Please!" she cried, upset and frusterated, "Please, just... listen to what I need to say." When he didn't respond, she took that as a cue.

"Gil, I love you so much." she took another deep breath," I always have, and I'm so sorry for leaving you last fall. I will never forgive myself for that."

"You did what you had to do." Grissom said without emotion. Sara shook her head.

"I should have thought about you, too." she looked at him, "I'm sorry."

"Sara..." But she continued as if she hadn't heard him.

"If I don't make it out of this, just know that much. That I love you more than anything."

"You'll make it Sara." he said sternly. "Trust me." he looked her in the eyes.

"Always." she breathed.

The road they were driving on soon began to snake it's way along the coastline, bringing the pacific ocean out into a spectacular view. As they drove around one bend of the highway, Grissom's jaw clenched as he allowed his gaze to drift to the right and peer straight down the rocky cliff and into the crashing waves of dark blue. Heart aching, he pushed the car to drive just a little faster; already going much faster than the allowed speed limit. With the vision of the cliffs fresh in his mind, the terrifing reality tore at his emotions again. Sara was the only thing that mattered anymore. All he wanted at the moment was to have Sara safe; and he would do anything to make that happen.

"Slow down!" Sara suddenly yelled. Grissom quickly eased the car down slower as he tried to see the cause of her sudden demand. At the end of the strech of road the two now drove on, was a dark blue pick-up truck, parked on the side of the road. The car was parked along side a large, grass-covered hill, a few lone trees stood at the top of the large cliff.

"That's Jason's car."

Within seconds, Grissom had pulled the car directly behind the truck and parked. Pulling out his cell phone, he dialed 911. As it rang, he quickly reached into the back seat and retrieved his handgun from his bag; causing Sara to gasp beside him.
"My name is Gil Grissom, and I'm on scene of a kidnapping. I'm going to need cops, and an ambulance," he said sternly to the woman on the recieving end, "and quickly."

Without hanging up, Grissom set the phone down beside the driver's seat and got out of the car, ignoring the operator's voice calling for a response to her questions. He knew that they would quickly trace the call and send the emergency personel. Now outside of the car, Grissom held his gun tightly and started off toward Jason's car.

Cautiously approaching, he kept the gun pointed toward the car, and approached the driver's side. As soon as he discovered it empty, he looked towards the green hill which led to the top of a set of cliffs. A set of old stairs led the way to the summit, where it met an old war bunker.

"Be safe." Sara whispered from behind him.

Grissom nodded and ran forward, towards the stairs, Sara right behind him.

Feel free to continue hating me.

Much Love,
Horrible Person Who Never Updates Her Story
<3

slmuk

« Reply #151 on: December 30, 2009, 05:08:51 PM »
so I've been having a snoop at the FF on here for the first time in ages and I remembered this story from the old boards - yeah I know, that was ages ago -  anyway, great work and please continue when you get a chance to.  :)

ps can't believe you've given up on the show!

Destiny062

« Reply #152 on: March 02, 2010, 02:39:46 PM »
can't believe i haven't been on here for months, but never mind. i remember this story from the old board, and am so glad you've updated it. it's still really good, and can't wait for your next update

:)

csi_forever1

« Reply #153 on: April 10, 2010, 12:47:12 AM »
I can't believe people are still reading this. 0_o
Love you guys,
Shannon <3

Grissom quickly, though carefully, made his way up the old rickety stairs. His gun facing downward, he kept his eyes and ears open and alert as he ran. He refused to let his mind wander and think about the worst case scenarios that he could possibly encounter. No, he wouldn't dare. Finally reaching the top of the grassy-hilled cliff, he slowly made his way around the concrete bunker, gun ready.

Holding his breath, he turned around the last corner, gun out ahead...

"I'd put that down if I were you."

Grissom's blood ran cold.

After all this time, he was finally face to face with this horrible man. Jason Hughes. He held a hand gun of his own, the barrel firmly pressed up against Grissom's forehead. Grissom felt his heart stop.

Sara gasped from behind him, "No!" she sobbed.

"Don't make me repeat myself." Jason spoke sternly. Slowly, Grissom lowered his gun. "Drop it." He ordered. Grissom immediately released his grip on his gun, and now held his breath. The sound of metal hitting the ground caused him to wince. He was powerless.

"Good. Now what do you want?"

Grissom stopped thinking and listened, Sara's cries had now ceased to exist. Quickly yet subtly, he looked around. Sara was nowhere to be seen.

"I said. What. Do. You. Want?" he seethed, leaning in towards Grissom.

"Where's Sara."

Jason laughed in his face, and took a few steps back. "She's dead."

"No she's not," Grissom replied calmly, "now where is she?" Jason laughed again. Grissom knew he had to get through to him somehow. "I know she's not dead. So if you stop now, and show me where she is, we can work something out. You didn't kill her."

"What are you? Stupid, or something?" Jason glared at Grissom.

"Please," he begged quietly, "just tell me where she is."

Jason said nothing, but walked over to where Grissom was, gun still raised. As he approached him, he kicked Grissom's gun back down the hill. Walking behind Grissom, he put the gun against his back.

"Walk." he commanded.

Grissom could only obey as Jason directed him closer to the edge, and around another corner of the bunker. He gasped at the sight.

Sara was leaning over something, or someone, and soon enough, Grissom knew.

It was her own body.

As Jason forced him forward, Grissom's legs dragged him towards her.

"Sara." he gasped.

It was nearly impossible for her to still be alive. Her mangled body laid bloody and caked in layers of mud. Her face was still; almost peaceful.

"My God." he heard Sara sob. She ran her hand along her body. Along the breaks and bruises, softly crying.

"Happy now?" Jason spat.

Grissom fell to his knees before Sara's body. He knew she needed help, but he was too afraid to touch her. She looked so broken, so... fragile.

"Gil!" Sara shrieked. Grissom immediately looked at Sara's... spirit; and began to panic.

She was disappearing. With each passing second, her form grew more and more transparent.

"No no no no no!" Sara yelled, staring at herself in horror.

Grissom barely heard the click of the gun besides his head. Soon enough, the barrel was pressed firmly against his temple, again.

"Say goodbye."

It's now or never, he thought.

Grissom turned as quickly as possible, tackling Jason to the ground the moment the trigger was pulled. The bullet missed Grissom's head, but he worked to refrain from groaning in pain as he felt the metal tear through his shoulder.

"No!" Sara screamed helplessly.

The two men rolled in the dirt, each fighting, and failing, to gain the upper hand. Both of their hands held tightly to the gun as they struggled for control of the situation.

Receiving a sharp knee into the stomach, Grissom felt the air rush out of his lungs. He clutched at his midsection as a reflex, yet immediately regretted the decision. Jason now had control of the gun.

Gasping for air on the ground, his shoulder screaming in pain, Grissom lifted his head, meeting the deadly stare of Jason.

He held the gun out towards him, pointing the gun straight into Grissom's face. Grissom looked around desperately, spotting Sara's body. But not her spirit. She's gone. He thought, I was too late.

Facing Jason again, he took a deep breath, knowing that he had lost.

In the still coastal air, a shot rang out.

aingeal1

« Reply #154 on: April 10, 2010, 02:04:25 PM »
I was so glad to see that you updated this story.

I love this story.

I hope that shot that rang out means that the calvery has arrived

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #155 on: April 10, 2010, 05:27:57 PM »
Great update!

csi_forever1

« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2010, 03:02:47 PM »
Thanks loves :)

Now I have a question. (Sort of off-topic-y. At least as far fan fiction goes...)

But could someone be so kind as to give me the run-down of this season? Like, what has happened with all the characters and if anything major or important pertaining to the long-time storyline has happened? I'm quite curious as to what's going on in the world of CSI. :P

I have the intention of catching up on the episodes eventually, but as I'm graduating in the next two months, I am rather busy.
So if someone could give me a short-miniaturized-detailed-summary(??), then that would be much appreciated. :)

Thanks! :)

Karel66

« Reply #157 on: July 18, 2011, 07:29:30 AM »
Well. I guess I need to repost this story too! Hopefully I'll get in some of the beginning chapters in tonight & then I can start writing new ones again eventually! :)

<3 Shannon

wish you all the best dude..... :)

morphin1112

« Reply #158 on: March 28, 2012, 02:30:22 AM »

This is a great article with well-scripted, engaging content that is full of original and sensible views. Much of your informative content is in line with my way of thinking.

CedricKin

« Reply #159 on: June 08, 2017, 01:27:33 AM »

This is a great article with well-scripted, engaging content that is full of original and sensible views. Much of your informative content is in line with my way of thinking.

Where can I read the full story?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 03:33:38 AM by CedricKin »