Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: The Invisible  (Read 100291 times)

roogirl2000

Re: The Invisible
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2008, 12:24:20 PM »
I'll be a waiting  ;D

csi_forever1

« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2008, 06:41:48 AM »
Oh jeez. Sorry you guys! I know I haven't posted a chapter in so long but life has been kicking my you-know-what recently. I'm so so so soooo sorry. I never meant to leave you guys all hanging like that!
I'll post a chapter in like, two minutes! Just hold on! :)

csi_forever1

« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2008, 06:49:17 AM »
CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP.
Sorry guys. I guess that chapter is going to have to hold on for a second. I had it saved under a different username in Microsoft Word & my dad just recently changed the passwords on everything! So now everything is misjumbled and nothing is in it's place! Now I'm super super super SUPER sorry! As soon as I get on the other username (after my dad gives me the password >:( !!) I'll find it and post it ASAP! I PROMISE! :D
Don't give up on me!... or this story!
LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE,
Shannon<3

Billyjorja

« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2008, 07:00:10 AM »
Never mind, will be waiting.  Will go back to reading Twilight.

Trish

RusCSI

« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2008, 07:48:27 AM »
Oh, that's nothing. I'll wait. Thank ya
~H

roogirl2000

« Reply #125 on: December 23, 2008, 09:17:06 AM »
I'll wait Shannon dear  ;D I'm sick so I have to stay home today...whenever it's the boyfriends birthday  :( Totally suckish.

csi_forever1

« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2009, 09:55:18 PM »
SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY!
SORRY MULTIPLIED BY 32856273589173061751376087956734976295682850
Don't hate me. Or give up on me, or this story especially!
But I'll cut to the chase,
chapter now,
explanations and begging for forgiveness later.

They drove in the general direction of the airport, Sara giving Grissom directions every now and then to where he needed to go.
   "Last night, I wasn't dreaming was I?" Grissom softly asked as he made a left turn. Sara offered him a small half-smile.
   "No," she answered, "that was really me."
   "How come," Grissom said as he turned toward Sara, stopping the car at a red light, "I can see you?"
   "Beats me," she said as she shrugged, "and you're the only one who can. My mom can't see me, Emma can't, not even people I've run into, literally." Sara looked him in the eye, "Only you." Grissom slowly nodded, though it was apparent that he barely understood what was going on. He focused back on the road as the light turned green.
   "But, if you're not dead... then..." he didn't finish his sentence, he couldn't figure out how he would. If she wasn't dead, but wasn't, well, alive, then what the hell was going on? Sara thought carefully.
   "I'm... I'm not too sure. I think it's some sort of limbo, between living and dying. If I would... well, come back to life, I guess you could say, I would just go back to my body." Sara had to stop for a moment as she really thought about what she was saying. It was finally sinking in that she wasn't alive. But then again... she wasn't dead; yet. "But if I were to die," Sara said quietly, trying not to look at Grissom, "then I would just, disappear."
   Grissom's hands tightened around the steering wheel and his face showed looks from many different emotions. Anger, despair, sadness, but one thing Sara could spot was determination. If anyone would save her, he would.
   Sara looked out the window, watching the scenery pass. Looking to her right she saw trees, lots and lots of trees. Sara quickly closed her eyes.
   She collapsed after a few steps, wet, cold, exhausted, and scared out of her mind.
   She quickly opened her eyes back up and realized where they were.
   "Stop the car!" she yelled.
   Grissom just about slammed on the breaks and slowly pulled over to the shoulder, parking; the car almost touching the guard rail. Sara barely waited for the car to stopped and jumped out. Grissom got out of the car and walked over to the other side, standing next to Sara as she looked pointedly towards the bottom of the ditch. He followed her gaze and gasped as he saw a trail of mud leading from halfway down the ravine and then deep into the woods.
    She got about fifty yards when the car clipped her, and she tripped off of the road and into a small, but steep ravine on it's side.
   Without another word, Sara jumped over the guard rail, carefully maneuvering herself, and began making her way down to the bottom of the ditch. Grissom followed quickly behind and using both hands and feet and backed himself carefully down after her. After Sara finished her short journey to the bottom, she walked over to a place in the ground where the grass had been pushed to the side, perhaps done by Sara as she had tried to get to her feet... as she had tried to run away. She hadn't even noticed when Grissom started walking ahead of her, following the path of destruction within the grass. Sara walked slowly behind him looking at her surroundings, remembering how they looked now, compared to how they looked that night. After a couple of minutes of walking, Grissom stopped.
   "Sara, where are we supposed to go?" he asked, looking out in front of him, at the unending forest. When he didn't hear a response he turned around and noticed Sara wasn't behind him. Actually, Sara was no where in sight. For a moment he feared the worst.
   "But if I were to die, then I would just, disappear."
   "Sara!" He yelled as he began to retrace his steps back to where he had last seen her. "Sara, where are you?!" he yelled out of panic. She's not dead. She can not be dead. He thought to himself over and over again.
   Finally, after what felt like an hour, though it was only a few moments, he turned to his left and saw her, leaning against a tree. "Sara," he breathed out of relief as he quickly began walking towards her, "you scared me." He walked up alongside her and took a glance at her face.
   Staring straight ahead of her, Sara's eyes were going back and forth across the forest ahead of her, as if she were looking in the distance for something.
   "The old well." she gasped. Grissom barely heard her say it, yet soon was placing the pieces of the puzzle back together.
   "Help. Well. Hurt."
   Sara's message replayed in his head and before he knew it, he was following her through the trees, running as fast as his legs would carry him.

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2009, 10:14:47 PM »
Great chapter! He is so close, he needs to hurry up and find her!
You'll be forgiven if we don't have to wait so long for the next chapter.  ;) ;D

Billyjorja

« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2009, 06:26:22 AM »
Wow, that was well worth the wait.

Agree with Shannon, don't keep us hanging on.

Trish

Butterfly114

« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2009, 08:51:47 AM »
Grissom has to find her, don't keep us waiting-please!!!!!

roogirl2000

« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2009, 03:07:29 PM »
Yaayy!! She's going to be alright =D
Understandable about the waiting, lifes a pain =/ I've just done out 8 pages worth of revision (a lot!) and pratically damaging one of my fingers in the process. It's like blistering...
Please continue soonies =D
But for now it's back to the revision...

RusCSI

« Reply #131 on: January 14, 2009, 12:56:43 PM »
I don't know where to catch it. I guess I will do it in both places :)

aingeal1

« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2009, 03:54:05 PM »

This is one of my favorite stories right now and i can't wait for Grissom to finally find her.

Update soon, please

csi_forever1

« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2009, 01:34:22 PM »
Can you say, NEW CHAPTER!?... if not... then, well... you have some issues.  ;)
It's a little bit of a cliffy. But let me know what you think!
Thank you my loves! :D <3

Grissom kept running as fast as he could, addrenaline coursing throughout every inch of his body. Sara must have been leading him to her... her, body. Grissom cringed internally at the use of the word, but kept reminding himself that she was okay. Well maybe she wasn't exactally "okay." But, she was alive, and that's all that was important to him.
   But, as Sara was much more fit than he was, as well as her legs being much longer, he soon fell behind, though still following her every turn throughout the thick forest. He never let her out of his sight, and he wouldn't again until this nightmare was over. Catching quick glances of the surrounding foliage as he sped by, something felt... odd. Grissom knew he had been here before; the area looked vaguely familiar to him. Yet, he couldn't quite place his finger on it.
   He kept on running, while dodging branches that were too low to the ground, and jumping over old, rotten, fallen trees. He even almost lost his footing a couple of times through the endless shrubbery, yet he kept on running, following Sara as best as he could, trying to stay as close to her as possible. Not even daring to have her escape his sight again; no, when he had just previously lost track of her, he had immediately expected the worst. What he had felt during those moments was pure agony. Although, he was soon stopped dead in his tracks.
   Grissom realized that he had not been here physically; oh no, of course not. The situation got a little more unreal with every hour that passed. Making it harder for him to believe, though at the same time easier to understand as well. In these past couple days, Grissom had learned to accept things that might seem, even the slightest bit, out of the ordinary.
   Such as, having your fiancee, who seems to be the either the unluckiest person alive considering all that has happened to her in her lifetime or is the luckiest person alive for still overcoming it all, become missing; but it doesn't end there, oh no. But also, having her undead "spirit" follow you around until you start seeing it, deeming yourself either crazy or you just can't believe what was going on; any normal person including themselves in that first category. And then following her "spirit" throughout some strange forest...
   Yes, for Grissom, believing things that seem out of the ordinary was beginning to be an everyday occurence.
   Heck, at that moment, if a purple unicorn came flying down out of the sky with a monkey in a hat on it's back, telling Grissom to "jump on to save the world!" or something insane like that; he might actually consider listening to the talking primate. But then again... he might have to cross the line at seeing colorful mythical creatures...
   The forsest he was in now, was not a place he had actually visited before, he had dreamt about it. Grissom was now successfully in his nightmare; the one dream he had during that last night in Vegas. The one where he was chasing Sara through the forest. The one where she had fallen to her knees at the foot of the well.   
   The one where everything had faded to black when he finally reached her.
   "Gil... hurry, please." Sara yelled back at him and his stationary form. He then began running again as he was lost in his thoughts.
   Yes. The one dream where she had said those exact words...
   The speed at which he was running at soon became even faster than before; desperate to reach her. Sara was a good ways ahead of him, and still running towards the direction of the well. She yelled something again, but with her head facing forward with the rest of her body, muffling the sound, he couldn't completely understand her words. He guessed it was something along the lines of "Hurry up." But then suddenly, she took a sharp left turn, blocking herself from Grissom's veiw for a fraction of a second, before he followed her lead. Making the turn as well, he stopped suddenly as he saw her slow herself down to a walk.
   "Sara," he yelled towards her, as he picked up his legs again and tiredly strode towards her, "oh, Sara." He said again, much softer, and knowingly out of earshot of her.
   Instead of responding to his call, Sara continued her brisk walk forward, making a bee-line towards something Grissom could not quite see. As he began covering most of the distance between them, Grissom soon slowed to a quick walk as well.
   "It's right, here..." she finally said, as she took another few steps forward, directing her attention towards the ground; at the well, Grissom guessed. He kept walking towards her, covering more distance, as the large, moss-covered well came into his view also. Sara abruptly stopped at the foot of the well, and glanced over it's ledge and into it. Grissom sped his walk up a bit, his heart pounding inside of his chest.
   At that moment he could hear nothing.
   Not the sound of the birds flying overhead, singing their sweet tunes to one another.
   Not the sound of the occasional airplane landing at the nearby airport.
   Not even the sound of the moist ground below him, squishing and crunching below his feet with every step.
   No, the only thing audible to him now, was the heavy beating of his heart.

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2009, 01:42:18 PM »
Awesome chapter!

You have to hurry with the next chapter! Hurry Grissom and get her out!