Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: The Invisible  (Read 100484 times)

sixtyplus

Re: The Invisible
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2009, 01:59:40 PM »
Great again now hurry and get Sara out of the well please  :o

Butterfly114

« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2009, 06:14:15 PM »
Very good chapter, come on Grissom get Sara out of the well.

Billyjorja

« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2009, 05:29:29 AM »
Well worth the wait for the chapter.

Agree with others get her out quick.

Trish

roogirl2000

« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2009, 01:36:20 PM »
OMG hurry up Grissom and save Sara  ;D
Continue soon =)

RusCSI

« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2009, 11:04:03 AM »
Don't worry, I guess you know that caught your chapters up on ff - and your chapters seem more and more intriguing.
And you know, I began to read "Twilight" - can't stop myself! I'm on the second book. Now I understand you, it was written by the way I can't stop reading ;)

Billyjorja

« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2009, 05:33:46 AM »
When are we getting more of this fantastic story?

RusCSI - Hi, I'm on book 4 (the last one), I can't stop reading Twilight either.

Trish

Destiny062

« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2009, 09:33:12 AM »
heya,
this is a great story so far, please continue writing more soon.
keep writing!!

RusCSI

« Reply #142 on: February 24, 2009, 06:03:21 AM »
Yeah, I have read it all  ;) But I miss your story  :)

csi_forever1

« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2009, 12:36:33 PM »
SORRY SORRY SORRY!
HERE HERE HERE!
DON'T GIVE UP ON THIS STORY PLEASE. :)

Stopping a few feet behind her, Grissom was absolutely terrified at what he would see.

The thumping sound of his heart echoing through his head.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

What if... no. None of that. He scolded himself for fearing the worst.

Thump.

He walked step by step until he was along side Sara, though he had yet to lower his gaze.

Thump.

He held his breath as he dropped his head and glanced downward and over the edge of the well.

At first he wanted to scream.

To yell out in frustration.

Or even to fall to his knees and cry.

"No." Sara finally whispered.

The well was empty.

Grissom walked away briskly and leaned against a neighboring tree, closing his eyes tightly.

"This is wrong..." Sara said.

Grissom grunted out of frustration and angrily banged his fist against the tree.

"Of course it is!" he screamed. Closing his eyes again, he rubbed his temples with his fingers. "Every part of this is." he whispered.

He then turned his back to the tree, and slowly slid down the side. Sara had still yet to move herself from looking over and into the well.

"I thought you said that this was it." he grumbled as he stared out into space.

"It is-- was-- I don't know." she said as she sighed.

"I knew I was crazy." Grissom said as he got to his feet.

"You're not." Sara said, her voice barely above a whisper, as she finally looked at him. He simply looked at her and began walking.

" Ok. Fine. Then I'm still asleep." he said as he began walking in the direction from where they came.

"You're not." Sara said again, as her voice cracked.

But Grissom kept walking. He shook his head in disbelief. He knew he was either crazy, suffering from a terrible nightmare, or just had an extreme and unusually cruel imagination.

"Gil!"

He stopped as he heard Sara scream his name. He even almost kept on walking, but something in the back of his head told him not to.

"Gil, please!" he heard her yell again. Giving into his gut feeling, he turned around reluctantly and slowly made his way back to her.

As he approached her yet again, he made no eye contact and said nothing.

"Just look." she said to him as her long arm pointed deep into the well. He followed her instruction, yet didn't understand what she was trying to show him.

"I don't see anything." he said curtly.

"Please," she begged, "look harder."

Gazing back into the well he scanned the surface. He noted the shallow water level and rocks that occupied the floor of it. But he soon saw what Sara was talking about.

Although it was barely visible through the shallow, dirty water, he soon saw the glitter of something he knew all to well.

Sara's cell phone. Still opened from when she had dialed Grissom's number the night the 'accident' took place.

"Someone moved it-- I mean, me." she said, the shock very evident in her statement. Grissom was still stunned as he realized, yet again, that this was actually happening. Although it was hard to believe.

This was real.

"We need to go talk to Emma." Sara suddenly said. She began a brisk walk back in the direction of where they had come. Grissom nearly stumbled as he quickly turned around and caught up alongside her, keeping up with her quick pace.

"Who's Emma?" he asked.

"Someone who might know where my body is." she said quietly, keeping a steady pace.

Grissom pondered this all the while back to the main road. Maybe the cop had been wrong. Maybe, Jason Hughes didn't do this. Assumptions, he humorlessly mused to himself. But what did this Emma have against Sara to force her to try and kill her. As they quickly managed their way back up the steep, cliff-like hill, they quickly climbed into the car.

"Head back towards my mother's house." she said as he started the car. He nodded and they were on there way. After a moment, Grissom decided to figure out what he could about what he was missing during this situation.

"So, is this, Emma... the person who did this..." he asked, trying to pick out the right words. Sara's eyes widened in shock at the question.

"Oh! No, no, no!" she answered, shaking her head quickly from side to side. "Emma is the... girlfriend, of the man." Sara cringed at the use of the word, boyfriend, in describing Emma's relationship with Jason. She would have much rather said 'victim' or 'captive'. "She was there that night." she said. Grissom nodded understandingly.

"And this man is, who?" he asked. Sara sighed and closed her eyes.

"Jason Hughes."

Grissom's hands tightened around the steering wheel as he drove.

They drove in silence as they made their way back towards Laura Sidle's house. Reaching their destination, they parked in the street outside the house.

"So, why are we back at your mother's house if we need to talk to this girl?" Grissom asked as he turned and faced her.

"She lives next door." Sara answered softly. But before he could respond she kept on talking. "But you must promise me something." she said. She was trying to make the tone of her voice stern, yet the raw emotion was still visible to Grissom.

"Anything." Grissom breathed out. Sara looked into his eyes when she spoke again.

"If Jason is there. You leave. Don't even try talking to him," Grissom tried to interrupt, but Sara was persistent. Raising her hand, she continued, "You'll know if he's there. Emma's only allowed to answer the door when she's home alone."

"Sara..."

"If he answer's the door, you say, 'Sorry, wrong house' and you walk away."

"Sara." he said again.

"Gil, please just listen!" she cried, resting her head in her hands, "Please." she begged him. "Do what I said." she mumbled.

Looking up to meet his gaze, she wished, once again, that she could touch him. Hug him, kiss him, let him know she was alright. But she had a job to do if she ever wanted to really do that again...

"Okay." he said softly.

"Promise me." she quietly demanded. He looked at her and sighed.

"I promise."

Sara inhaled deeply and nodded once.

"Let's do this." she said.

Emerging from the car she made her way towards Jason Hughes' house, Grissom right along side her.

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2009, 02:49:41 PM »
Great chapter!

You have to hurry with the next chapter! He better not try to hurt Grissom and please let Emma be there, so Grissom will know where to look.

roogirl2000

« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2009, 03:37:51 PM »
She wasn't in the well :O OMG Grissom hurry up and find her!

Please continue soon! I really need to know what happens  ;D

Billyjorja

« Reply #146 on: March 29, 2009, 05:26:18 AM »
The suspense is killing me, hurry up with update.

Trish

csi_forever1

« Reply #147 on: April 02, 2009, 09:34:31 PM »
Glad to see that people are still sticking with the story!
Thanks! :D

And another chappy coming up! :)

<3 Shannon

csi_forever1

« Reply #148 on: April 02, 2009, 09:38:26 PM »
Approaching the door, Grissom knocked three times, and waited.

"Remember, if Jason's there. We leave." Sara reminded him sternly. Grissom simply nodded.

As the door slowly opened, Sara breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Oh, hello." Emma politely greeted, offering a small smile. "Can I help you?"

"Are you, Emma?"

"Yes," she gave him a confused look, "I'm sorry, but do I know you?"

"Just give her your name," Sara told Grissom, "trust me."

"I'm sorry, I'm being rude. My name is Gil Grissom."

Emma's eyes grew wide and her jaw dropped.

"Oh, um. Please, come in." she gestured for him to step in side as she took a few steps back.

"Thank you." Grissom smiled at the young woman. He followed her into the kitchen where she leaned back against the counter.

"Sara would always talk about you..." she smiled as she fiddled with her thumbs. Grissom couldn't help but give a small half-smile at that.

"So, I'm sure you're aware that she's, disappeared." he said as he studied her reaction.

Emma bit her lips as she looked down at the floor and at her shoes. She nodded slowly. She looked up at him, making eye contact, then quickly shifted her eyes and looked away.

"So," he began, "you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?"

She then shook her head quickly. "No." she finally managed to say.
"Gil," Sara said, from beside him, "say what I say, exactly." Grissom gave her a nod that was almost unnoticable. He then began repeating what Sara was dictating to him, word for word.

"Emma, tell me the truth." he said softly. Emma looked up at him with wide eyes.

"Wh-what are you talking about?"

"I know what happened."

Emma looked at him in disbelief and stared with wide eyes.

"You didn't do anything wrong."

Her eyes glazed over and she chewed on her bottom lip.

"Emma," he said softly, as she stared past him, trying to fight back tears. As she looked at him, she tried blinking them away, but with no success. "She's not dead."

Emma looked at him skeptically through her glassy eyes.

"H-how..."

Grissom held up his hand as he shook his head.

"I know it sounds crazy-- Insane, really," he said as he closed him eyes for a fleeting moment, "but you need to trust me." Emma allowed a tear to fall, then swiftly wiped it away. "For Sara."

"You've got to be kidding me." Emma whispered, to herself mostly.

"Where's Jason?" Emma looked up him, her mouth slightly agape.

"I... um..."

"I know her body's not there."

Emma looked at him with a mixture of shock and confusion.

"There's not enough time to explain," he informed her, "but you need to tell me where she is."

"I... I--"

"She's not in the well."
Emma's mouth dropped open and she quickly placed her hand over her mouth. She clutched her side with her other hand as a choked sob broke it's way through.

"You... you couldn't have possibly known that..." she cried as she sunk to the floor against the kitchen counter. Grissom gazed sadly upon the small woman as he took a careful step towards her.

"Emma, please, where is she?"

She took a quick minute to collect herself before she stood up and faced him.

"He left about a half an hour ago," she sighed, "you don't have much time."

A/N: Hey everyone! I'm sad to say that there are at least 5 chapters left... i'm not too sure yet. Haha, it depends on how much more I want it to last!!
But please review! It means so much to me; and even though I may not respond to everyone's reviews, I do read and LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE every one!
You all are amazing!
xoxo Shannon

csi_forever1

« Reply #149 on: December 30, 2009, 03:10:28 AM »
Hello my dear readers.

You may remember me.
I used to be called by the name, "Shannon" or just "csi_forever1".

But for you all, now, I have decided to change my name.
So I would appreciate it if you would please call me, "Horrible Person Who Never Updates Her Story".

This is on the count of that I am, in fact, a horrible person.
Who has not, as you may know, updated her story since April.

This, is unacceptable. It is cruel and lowsome of me.
I would like you all to hate me, please. It's truly what I, the Horrible Person Who Never Updates Her Story, deserve.

I would like to stick the blame on Twilight, as it has fully and completely taken over my like. Typical. I know. The seventeen-year-old suburban girl, obsessed with the vampire series. Wonderful (sarcasm).
I say, I 'would like to', but I can't stick the blame on that.
It's my fault, and I take full responsibility for my actions.

You seriously should shun me for... forever. As long as you live. You know the drill.
Because I have a confession...

... I haven't watched an episode in... months.  :'(

Sad, I know. But I will be truthful to you all, now, in hopes that you will not give up on this story.
It's a stretch, I know. But hell, I don't have much else to lose with you amazing CSI fans.

I no longer... *takes deep breath* ...enjoywatchingCSIatallanymore.
Phew. Alright, I said it.

So please. Hate me.

But I feel as if I must do something for all of you. That is, if you all haven't given up on me. And hell, I wouldn't blame you. But I WILL, finish this story.

I owe you lovely people that much.  ;)

So please, within the next week or so, this story, WILL be completed.

I promise you.

With deep regrets and (still) much love,
Horrible Person Who Never Updates Her Story
<3