Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Fog  (Read 69502 times)

lad1982

Re: Fog
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2008, 06:18:31 AM »
Chapter 29 ? Happy To Help

Gil had only gotten about another hour of sleep.  He rang Catherine to come over and look after Aaron.  He hadn?t realised it was 5am and her first day off after six straight days and four double shifts.

When she arrived Gil had just finished making a pot of coffee.  They sat at the breakfast-bar talking.

?You look like hell, Gil.?
?Mmm, sorry it was a rough night.?
?Aaron still having nightmares??
?Yeah.?

They sat in silence for a while

?A penny for them??
?He did have a nightmare, but so did I.  When I woke I heard a noise outside my room.  I got my gun.  I forgot he was here.  I could of shot him.  I don?t know what I would of done.  What would I say to Sara if I did??

?Hay, you didn?t shoot him, he?s fine.?  Catherine put her hand on his arm.

?But I could of.  The nightmare I had felt so real.  It stirred up what I buried, what I though I?ve dealt with.  I though it was Natalie looking for Sara.  I heard her calling me for help.?

?Calm down, you know she?s lock up.?

?I know.  Thank you again for coming I didn?t realise what the time was when I called you.  I won?t be long.?

?Take all the time you need Gil.?

Grissom left the house.  He sat in his car for what felt like half an hour.  He was collecting his thoughts, before he started the familiar journey to the hospital.

As he turned the car over, the radio came on.  As he listened to the lyrics tears started to well up in his eyes.

Once again he pulled himself together and backed out of the drive.

lad1982

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2008, 06:20:18 AM »
Chapter 30 ? The Sounds Of Death

As Grissom stepped out of the lift on the 8th floor, doctors and nurses where running about.  He didn?t take any notice what was going on.  He walked through the familiar corridors to Sara?s room. 

Just as he rounded the corner he could hear the alarms going off in one of the rooms.

He stopped dead in his tracks as he saw a nurse rushing into her room with a crash cart.

He ran the rest of the corridor to get to Sara.  The ward sister stopped him entering.

?I need to get in!?
?You?ll have to wait outside sir.  Let the doctor do his job.?

At the sound of her flat-lining ?Sara!? Grissom yelled, his tears where in full flow.

The doctor now shocked her at 1800.  Nothing.  The nurse administered another shot of adrenaline and now 2000 Jules.  Sara?s lifeless body contracted with the paddles, as she was shocked.

Beep, beep, beep.

?She?s back.  Pulse is strong.  Monitor her every 15 minuets.?

The doctor stepped outside to speak with Gil.

?What happed??
?We?re not sure.  We nearly lost her last night, but it didn?t take as long to get her back.  We are doing tests, as soon as they are back I?ll let you know.?
?Thank you doctor.? Was all he could say.

Gil waited outside until the nurse had finished the first set of obs.  He took his usual seat on her right.  He placed his hand on top of hers.  The tears where still falling.

He sat there for 20 minuets.  Another nurse came and went with the next obs done.  His tears had finally stopped.

?Oh Sara!?  He tenderly kissed her hand.

?Promise me you won?t go anywhere.  Aaron needs you?The team needs you?I need you.?  ?Please wake up Sara.?  Gil put his head in his hands as he leaned on the bed.  Tears started to flow again.

Gil was deep in thought.  He didn?t feel a hand on his shoulder, nor did he feel it move to the top of his head.  He only felt it when the fingers passed through his hair, and stopped to rub the top of his neck.

The touch was familiar to him.  It sent forgotten electricity through his body, but it didn?t feel quite right.  He placed his hand on the unknown hand on his neck.  It felt so soft.  Gil was almost afraid to look at whom it belonged to.  As his eyes met the owner he let go of it immediately.

?What are you doing here??
?I was passing.  I thought you might need a friend, a shoulder, something.?

They both left the room to talk outside.

Neither one of them had noticed the twitching of Sara?s eyelids, as they left.

Sara?s eyes where open, she looked around the room to see where she was.  ?Hospital.  How did I get here??  As she was scanning the environment, she caught sight of Gil.  She was about to call for him, when she saw a hand brush the side of his face.  Sara tried to move and get a better look; she felt a sharp pain in the side.

Sara had missed Gil step back with the unwanted affection.  The unknown figure came into view.

?Heather!?

This time Sara saw Gil having a heated discussion with her.  Heather made another move for him, but Gil was too quick for her and side stepped out of the way.

As he walked into the room Sara caught the end of their conversation.

?Leave me alone.  I don?t want anything to do you any more.?
  He closed the door.

Gil?s thoughts were running.  ?Why was she here? What does she want?  How did she find out?  Why wait until now?  Was I too hard on her?

He still hadn?t noticed Sara was awake.  Sara could tell his mind was somewhere else.

?Gil?? She said not above a whisper.  He didn?t hear her.  She tried again. 

She reached for his hand.  He instinct-ly took it.  He brought the back of her hand to his lips and kissed it then rested it against his cheek.

?I love you!?
?I love you too.?

He turned his head to face where the reply had come from.  She was smiling sweetly at him.  He stood up and gave her a light hug and kissed her on the forehead.

?I?ve missed you!?
?How long have I been here??
?Two weeks.?
?Where?s Aaron??
?Catherine is looking after him.?
?Oh??

A nurse entered to check Sara?s obs.

?Afternoon Miss Sidle, welcome back.  I?ll get the doctor to come and see you.?

?Why is Aaron with Catherine?  Is he not staying with you??

?Hay, don?t work yourself up, one question at a time.  Firstly Catherine is looking after him because I had a bad night and secondly they are at our house.  Any more questions??
?Yeah, why was she here??

Before Gil could answer the doctor came in.  He excused himself to make a phone call.

?Catherine, Gil?Sara?s awake?Yeah could you bring him and let the others know please?Thank you.?

?Miss Sidle, you have been in a coma for two weeks now.  You have a broken leg and fractured two ribs; they have re-fractured from your last ordeal.  We nearly lost you twice, we don?t know what caused this and waiting for the test results.?

Grissom walked back into the room.

?Do you have any questions??
?Not at the moment doctor. Thank you.?

Gil poured Sara some water.

?I bet you?re thirsty!?
?Just a bit.? Sara drank three cups of water.
?I phoned Catherine to bring Aaron over, and to let the others know you are awake.?
?It?s going to be a busy night then.?

45 minuets later

Catherine came through the door with an excited Aaron; they found Gil on the bed reading with Sara leaning on him with her eyes closed.

?I thought you said she was awake!?
?She?s just resting Aaron.  Were you good for Catherine??

Aaron gave Gil a flash of the Sidle smile.

?He was no trouble at all.?
?Thank you for looking after him.?

Sara started to stir.  Grissom put his book down and kissed the top of her head.

?You have some visitors.?

Sara moved so Grissom could get off the bed and Sara pulled herself up into a sitting position.

Aaron ran to Gil and hugged him.  Gil picked him up and put him on the bed.

?What was that for??
?I thought you left and I was not going to see you again.?
?Why did you think that??
?You were not home when I woke, and you hadn?t come back.?
?I?m not going to leave you ever.  I couldn?t sleep so I came to see your mother.?
?Do you promise not to ever leave??
?I promise son.?

Sara?s eyes were tearing.  Aaron had always shied away around people he didn?t know.  She was shocked at how close he had become to Gil in just two weeks.

?Why are you crying mummy??
?I?ve missed you baby.?

Aaron carefully hugged Sara; she kissed his forehead and put her arm around him.  He snuggled into her body.

Catherine, Gil and Sara were making general chit chat when Brass turned up.

?How are you doing??
?Not bad considering.?
?Sorry to bring this up but, I?ll need a statement when your discharged if not before.?
?I know it?s just routine.?

Brass and Gil left the girls to catch up while they got some coffee.  Aaron had fallen to sleep next to Sara. 

By the time Brass and Gil came back, Nick, Greg and Warrick had arrived.  The nurse had been round to check on Sara, and told them she was only allowed three visitors at a time in the room.  Catherine was waiting outside for Brass and Gil.

?Have you told her about last night??
?Not yet, I will when I get a chance.?

They sat outside chatting and drinking their coffees.

?Jim, can you find out why and what she is doing back please??

?No problem Gil.  Tell Sara bye and I?ll see her sometime tomorrow.?
?Sure.?
?Why and what who is back??
?Just someone I saw.?

Before Catherine could ask her next question, Greg came out.

?Gil, Catherine I?ll see you later.?
?Bye Greg.? They both said together.
?I don?t think they?ll mind four of us in there.?

They both joined the others.  They all sat and chatted for a further two hours.

Catherine and Warrick were the next to leave, Nick stayed another hour and a half.

?I best get Aaron home.  You need to rest.?

?Stay awhile longer, I?ve missed you both.?
?Not for long though?  I think this is the longest he has slept in the past two weeks.  Do you want me to move him?  You look uncomfortable.?
?No, I?m ok.?

Gil re-caped what he and Aaron had been doing the past two weeks.

The doctor came in.

?We still don?t know what was wrong, we will be doing some more tests tomorrow.  You need to get some rest.  Sorry Mr Grissom you?ll need to leave.?
?We were just saying our goodbyes.?
?Ok.?

The doctor left the room.

?I wish you could stay longer.?
?We?ll be back first thing tomorrow.?

Sara kissed Aaron on the head, and said ?Sweet dreams baby.? Gil gave Sara a kiss and picked up Aaron.

lad1982

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2008, 06:19:44 AM »
Chapter 31 ? Last Night

As Sara woke the next day, she saw that Gil and Aaron were already there.

?How long have you been here??

?About an hour.?
?Yeah, you sleep for ages.  I don?t know why you are so tired, you been sleeping for two weeks.  I told dad you wont be up till gone 10am you never are if you?re not doing anything or going anywhere.?
?Has the doctor been round??
?Not yet.?

?So Aaron, Dad?s been telling me that you?ve been decorating.?
?Yes, I got to choose my room and we decorated it.  Nick and Warrick helped to.?
?Did they now.  Were they of any help??
?Well after they finished messing around, they did a good job.?
?Sounds like them.  Were they having bets on who could finish first??
?Yeah, but dad and I won coz he and I were doing the same wall.?

The doctor came in.

?Miss Sidle we need to take you for your scan.?
?We?ll be right here when you get back.?

Sara had been gone for 40 minuets.  When she finally came back to her room, she found Jim had joined the others.

?Do you feel up to make a statement today??
?Yes, it will be fine.  Gil can you take Aaron somewhere, I don?t want him to know what happened out there.?
?Aaron, let?s go for an ice-cream.?
?Yeah, do you want any bringing back??
?No thank you baby.?

Gil and Aaron went to the park half a mile away from the hospital.

?Sorry to intrude, but I wanted all the details as fresh as I could, and to close the case.?
?Don?t worry I rather deal with it now then later.?

Sara gave Brass her statement.  Brass went and got himself a coffee and more water for Sara.  As they waited for Gil to return Sara had backed Jim into a corner.

?Jim, do you know why Heather is back??
?Um, I didn?t know you knew??
?I saw her talking to Gil yesterday, and he avoided the question.?
?Well, I?m looking into it but as of yet I don?t know why she has returned.?
?Did Gil ask you to look into it??
?Yes.  There?s nothing going on between them.  She hasn?t been seen of or heard of until you came back.?
?Oh!?

Brass breathed a sigh of relief when Aaron ran through the door.

?Where is your dad??

?He?s coming.?
?Did you have fun??
?Yes, we went to the park.?

Gil came in a little red in the face.

?Has he worn you out??
?Yes, he has too much energy and that?s before the ice-cream.  I don?t know where he gets it from!?

Sara?s cheeks blushed.

?Thank you for the statement.  I best get it back to the station.?

?Bye Jim and Thanks.?
?Jim.?

The doctor came back in.

?Miss Sidle, nothing has shown up on any of the tests or the scan.  I would like to keep you in for another day, just to be safe, then you may go home.?
?Yes!  I?ll start to get you packed.?
?Thank you doctor, I was starting to get board.?

Gil and Aaron sat on Sara?s bed while they played cards. 

Aaron wanted Sara to read him a story.  He curled up next to her, her arm around him as she read.  Gil was sitting opposite admiring the view.  It didn?t take Aaron long to fall asleep.

lad1982

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2008, 06:20:59 AM »
Chapter 32 ? Time Is Not On Our Side

Sara had woken up early.  ?To days the day!? she thought.  ?I can finally get out of here.?  She glanced at the clock on the wall it read 05:47.  ?Great 2 hours and 15 minuets before I can get discharged.  Why do I always wake early when I don?t really have to??

Sara was too excited to go back to sleep.  She played cards, but got board very quickly, she read one of Aaron?s books but it didn?t help.  She packed what little things Gil had brought in for her.  She would of gotten changed, but Gil hadn?t brought her anything in yet.

She looked at the clock again it read 06:29.

Grissom?s House

Aaron had just woken up.  He bounded into his fathers room, hoping he was not up yet.  To his surprise Gil was not in bed.  Aaron heard the shower turn off.

Gil stepped out of the bathroom with his towel around his waist.  He went to the dresser and pulled out his underwear and socks, he then went to the wardrobe.  As he reached for the handle he heard a faint giggle.  He pulled open the door.  Nothing. ?I?m sure clothes don?t giggle?? he thought.  He was standing there for about 15 minuets trying to decide what to wear.

Aaron who had gotten board from hiding under the bed crawled out.

?You know it doesn?t matter what you wear, she still loves you and is coming home with us.?

?You are right.  What do you suggest then.?
?Um good question.  You so need to update your clothes.  You should ask Nick or Warrick to help you.  Are we having a party for mum??
?Yes the guys will be here at 8am to get things ready.?
?Well then you should wear your black slacks and your dark red shirt.  What are you taking mum to wear??
?I hadn?t thought that far.  Maybe her joggers, going to have to be something that will fit over her cast.?
?She?s not going to like you for that.  But it?ll have to do I guess.?
?Now young man, I think it?s time you got ready.?
?Do I get to come with you or can I stay here??
?What would you like to do??
?Stay here I think.  I know she will be disappointed I?m not there to pick her up, but I want to shout surprise and see the look on her face.?
?Ok.  Don?t be long getting ready, your breakfast will be done soon.?

Gil had timed it right, no sooner had they finished their breakfast the doorbell rang.

?I bet that?s Catherine and Warrick.?

Gil opened the door.  ?How did you know??
?I?m psychic.?

Catherine came in first, leaving Warrick to carry all the bags in.

?What time are the others coming??
?Nick?s just pulled up with Greg.  Oh, and there?s Brass.?

?Right, I?m off.  Aaron be good, I?ll ring when I?m leaving.?

Grissom didn?t wait for any sort of acknowledgement or reply he was gone.  The team started to get everything ready.

Hospital

By the time Gil had gotten to the hospital it was 09:05. ?She?s going to kill me,? he thought as he hurried to Sara?s room.

He half opened the door and stuck his head in.  Sara did not look too amused.

?Traffic? is all he said as he came through the door with a huge bunch of flowers.
?Aaron not with you??
?Um?no I wanted to let him sleep?bad night.?
?Really!?

Gil changed the subject fast.

?Has the doctor been??
?No!  I?m still waiting.?
?Here, I brought you these to change into?Want a hand or two?? He said with a grin.
?I think I got it.?
?Didn?t know if your joggers would go over the cast, so I brought you a pair of mine, just in case.?
?Thanks.?

The doctor came in.

?Sorry for the delay, I had an emergency.  Ok Miss Sidle, here is your paperwork.  You will be off work for about 4 weeks; I have prescribed a mild pain relief just in case.  You have an appointment in 2 weeks to see if you cast can come off.  Do not do any heavy lifting, your ribs wont be able to take it.  Any questions??
?No, can?t think of anything.?
?Well look after yourself.  Bye.?
?Bye, thank you for everything.?

Gil picked up her bag and followed her out of the hospital.

The car journey back was quiet.  Gil kept glancing as Sara, sensing something was wrong.  She was just staring out of the window.

?You?re very quiet, are you ok??
?Yes, I?m fine just missed the outdoors.?
?I?m sorry I was late, apart from the traffic I did get up late.?
?It?s ok, I just wanted to get out of there, was starting to get cabin fever.  I also woke up at stupid o?clock and could not get back to sleep.?
?Is there anywhere you want to go or just straight home??
?I?d prefer to go home if that?s alright with you.?
?Whatever you want.?

Just before they set off Gil had text Catherine that they were on their way.

?Who?s looking after Aaron??
?Nick is? ?I hope the others have moved their cars? Gil thought.

Grissom?s House

?Ok people, they are just leaving.  Greg! Actually Jim, could you start to unwrap the food.  Greg that banner?s not straight, more to the left.?
?Why did we get a banner that said welcome home?  She still hasn?t told us why she left or apologised.  I had to pull loads of doubles coz we were short staffed.?
?Hay Greg, go find a bridge and get over it!?
?Well don?t you want to know??
?I?m sure she?ll tell us when she?s ready.?
?Right Cath, the last of the balloons are in place.?
?Where is Aaron??
?He?s keeping a look out for them.?
?Is he dressed and ready??
?Yes.?
?They?re here, they?re here!? Aaron came thundering down the stairs.
?Places everyone!?

Nick and Aaron his behind the sofa, Jim was behind the chair.  Warrick and Catherine where behind the door, it was a bit of a squeeze but they didn?t mind.  Warrick had his hands around her waist, keeping her hidden.  No one knew where Greg went.

They heard the car pull into the drive.  They all held their breath.  The key turned in the lock.  The door opened.  Gil placed her bag in the hallway.

?Wait there I?ll give you a hand.?  He shouted from the doorstep.
?Really Gil I?m fine.?
?You know I worry, let me help.?

They came through the door.

?Go sit down I?ll make some tea.?

Sara made her way to the front room.

?SURPRISE?

Gil was laughing to himself, as he heard Sara scream.

RusCSI

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2008, 07:15:10 AM »
Uh, I guess you have had a hard work about posting it here. Thank you, I'm thrilled!
Helen

lad1982

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2008, 12:15:52 AM »
Didn't take to long with copy and paste.  Got to love it.  Next chapter should be up on Wednesday.

Laura

RusCSI

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2008, 03:08:36 AM »
Okay I will wait this moment. Tomorrow, just tomorrow... Uh :D

lad1982

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2008, 03:00:02 PM »
Chapter 33 ? Lady Heather

Sara was glaring at Gil as he walked into the front room; she was sitting on the sofa with Nick and Catherine.  Brass was sitting in one of the armchairs with Aaron on his knee.  Warrick had got a chair from the dinning room.  Gil sat on the other armchair.  They were all making light conversations with each other when they heard a banging.  They all exchanged puzzled looks.

?I think it?s coming from the window.?

?I thought it was coming from the bookcase.?

Warrick got up and went to a cupboard by the bookcase.

?It?s definitely from here.?

He opened the doors to reveal a squashed Greg.

?Take your time why don?t you.?

?We wondered where you got to.?

They all laughed at him.

?Well is someone going to help me out??
?How did you get in there??

Warrick gave him a tug and Greg popped out, on top of him.

They all laughed again.

Nick had put the stereo on low for some background noise.  Greg started on the food.

Gil?s pager had gone off.

We need to talk.  L.H.

He got up, stood behind Sara and whispered in her ear and left.

?Where?s dad gone??
?He had an errand to run.?
?I want to go!?
?No, we have guests.?
?But mum!?
?No buts.?

?Aaron, I hear you?re into bugs.  Why don?t you show me your collection.?
?Ok, but most of them are back in San Francisco.?

?Now that Aaron is ok and you?re out of hospital??
?Yes Nick??
?Well?are you going to stay or are you going back to San Francisco??
?I?m not sure?Gil and I have stuff to sort out still.?

Grissom

During the drive to his destination Gil?s thoughts were spinning.  ?This is right?  What does she want?  Why now?  Should I go home?  I have a new life, don?t I? It can?t hurt just once??
He pulled up outside, debating if he should get out or drive off.  He saw the door open; he cut the engine and got out.  He gingerly walked up the steps of the porch to the figure in the doorway.

?I thought you might have changed your mind.?
?We need to sort this once and for all.?
?Come in won?t you.?

Gil stepped inside.

?Nothing?s changed I see.?
?No.?
?How?s you grand-daughter??
?She?s very well.  I hear you have a son??
?Yes, Aaron.?
?Aaron?exalted, strong.?

They walked through to the conservatory where tea was laid out and the chess set out awaiting its challengers.  They took their places, Gil sat behind the white pieces and Heather took her seat behind the black pieces.

The game started slowly, neither one spoke at first.  After the third moves they spoke about general things like the weather and work.  As the pieces were being taken slowly and the moves being thought through more the conversation turned. 

?So what brings you back after all these years??
?I?m re-opening the business.?

Grissom rose his eyebrow ?Why?s that??

?I?m ready to come back to the lifestyle I?m accustomed to?I?ve missed Vegas?I?ve missed this.?
?I mean what I said, after this I don?t want anything to do with you.?
?Are you truly happy??
?I have a new life with my son.?
?But can she really make you happy??
?Yes, she does.?
?Then why did she keep the knowledge of your son from you??
?I suppose she was scared how I would of taken it.  We never spoke of having children.?
?Does she know you are here??

Grissom made his next move before he answered.

?I take that as a no.?
?You do read people well.?
?It?s a gift.  What are you going to tell her when she asks where you?ve been??
?I told her I had an errand to make.?

Heather made her final move.  ?Checkmate!?

She got up and poured more tea for them both, while Gil re-set the board.

?Captain Brass has been around asking questions.?
?Has he??
?Yes, if you didn?t care for me you wouldn?t of bothered asking him to check on me.?
?Guilty.  I just wanted to know what your intentions were.?
?Well now you know I?m back and in business, what are you going to do??
?Let you live your life and I?ll live mine.?
?You?ll be back.  I think you enjoy the challenge of not being able to beat me.?

With that said, Gil was in checkmate again.

?Why put yourself back in the position you hated??
?It?s a living and I?ve missed it.  My problems have gone, unlike Sara?s.  She will break your heart again and when she does I?ll be waiting.?
?How can you be so sure??
?I have a feeling.?

Gil?s phone rang.

?Grissom?just making my way back now?yeah ok?see you soon.?

?I?ll speak to you when the time is right then.  Have a good life Gil.?
?Bye Heather, take care of yourself.?
?I?ll be fine.?

On the drive home Gil had a few uncertainties from what Heather had said.  ?Why would she leave again?  Will she really break my heart again?  I do enjoy our games and chats.  She can?t be right this time?can she??

On the way back Gil stopped at a small building to collect a package that had been in storage for nearly 3 years.  It had arrived the day after she left him.  He didn?t know what to do with it.  He hoped and prayed that one day the intended would receive it.

RusCSI

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2008, 03:39:52 AM »
Lady Heather... I missed her, it's interesting moment. Please, update soon. Luv ya story.

lad1982

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2008, 07:47:44 AM »
Chapter 34 ? White Lies

By the time Gil had gotten back to Sara and the others he found that everyone apart from Nick and Jim had left.

He walked into the front room.

?Where?s Sara??
?She got tired and went to lay down.?
?How long has she been asleep??
?About an hour.?
?Have the others gone to work already??
?Yeah, it was getting late.  Catherine wanted to make sure Lindsey was ok and it takes Greg at least 2 hours to get ready, and Catherine car-polled with Warrick.?
?Thank you for staying with her and Aaron.?
?Not a problem.  I best get going or Ecklie will be steaming.?
?Thanks Nick.?

Grissom walked him to the door.

?So, where have you been??

?I ran into an old friend.?
?Oh, no guesses who that may have been then.  So she?s told you then??
?That she?s starting up the business again.?
?And??
?And what?  We said what was needed to be said and that?s it.?
?So?you?re not going to see her again??
?No.?
?What if she?s in trouble and needs your help??
?Hopefully it wont come to that.?
?Are you going to tell Sara??
?I?ll let her know what she needs to hear.?
?Nothing comes good of little white lies.?
?It wont hurt.  She?s been through enough already.?
?Take care of yourself Gil and you family.?  With that Brass left.  ?I hope he knows what he?s doing.?  Jim thought.

Gil went to the kitchen and started to clean up.  He didn?t mind having the team round but, they always left the kitchen in a mess and he always had to tidy it.

As he stood in front of the sink doing the dishes his mind started to wonder.

Nick?s Birthday 2007

The team had been over to celebrate Nick?s birthday.  By the time the party was finished, the kitchen and dining room was trashed.  Catherine had managed to persuade Nick to move onto a nightclub.  Everyone except Gil said they where going, as they waited for a taxi, Sara helped clear the front room of crockery and rubbish.  As she was bringing the last of the glasses through the taxi had turned up.  Catherine called Sara she looked at Gil.

?Go enjoy yourself, I?ll be fine doing the dishes.?
?You sure you don?t want any help??
?I?m sure.?

Sara walked to the front door where everyone was waiting.  Grissom heard the door close behind them.  He turned the radio on, and went back to the dishes.

He hadn?t realised he was not alone.

She stood in the doorway watching him.  She noticed how sad and alone he felt by his figure by the sink.

With the others gone she could not resist.  She had to touch him she wanted to feel him.  She slowly walked behind Gil and put her arms around him, making him jump.

?You could of gone with them, I didn?t mind.?
?I know, but I rather be here then with them, trying to set me up with a random bloke at the club.?
?What did you tell them??
?I said I would help you first and catch up later.  Cath said to make sure to bring you with me, you need to get out more.?
?More like she?ll set me up too.?

He too was finding it difficult not to kiss or embrace her during the day.  The team had no idea they where together.

Sara had now taken up washing the glasses as Gil took the rubbish out and then cleaned the work surfaces.

He walked up behind Sara, who knew he was there, and wrapped his arms around her waist and started to caress her neck.

Grissom was brought back to reality with a sharp pain in his hand.  He had managed to cut himself.  Seeing the water turn red he knew it was deep.  He wrapped a dishcloth around his hand and retrieved the first-aid kit.  He put a plaster over the wound and then bandaged it up.  The blood was subsiding, but he knew it needed to be looked at.

Gil went upstairs to tell Sara he was going to hospital.  He found her in Aaron?s room sitting on the bed as he slept.

?What happened to your hand??
?Cut myself doing the dishes.  It needs a couple of stitches.  I came to let you know I was going to A&E.?
?Do you want some company??
?No, I?ll be fine.  Let him sleep, I?ll see you soon.?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 07:53:14 AM by lad1982 »

sixtyplus

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2008, 04:55:34 PM »
Glad you posted this on this site .cant wait for next update . ;D

lad1982

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2008, 06:36:22 PM »
Thank you for reading.

It is posted on 5 sites so those who do not use cbs can keep up as I'm not sure where everyone is at the moment.

Will UD tomorrow some time.

Laura

RusCSI

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2008, 04:25:10 AM »
Thank you, Laura. Can't wait your next update.

Billyjorja

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2008, 07:01:45 AM »
I'm everywhere so if I miss one board I can get it on another.  Your work really hard keep going please.

Trish

lad1982

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2008, 07:08:37 AM »
Chapter 35 ? Back So Soon

Gil had been waiting in A&E for 30 minutes; there was a backlog as a 3-car pile-up had been brought in.

?Mr Grissom, I didn?t think I?ll be seeing you this soon.?

Sara?s doctor said as he walked past.

?Slight accident with the dishes.?
?I?ll look at that for you.  I?m finished for the night, it wont take long.  I?m sure you?re wanting to get back home.?
?Yes, Sara is home with Aaron.?
?How are they both??
?They are well.?
?Good to know. Is Sara in much pain??
?No, not that I?ve noticed.  She hasn?t touched any of the pain killers you prescribed for her.?

Grissom had 3 stitches; the doctor prescribed him a week worth of anti-biotic and told him to keep his hand dry for 4 days and to come back in 5 for the stitches to be removed.

He thanked the doctor and made his was home.

When he arrived back all the lights were out.  ?They must be asleep,? he thought.

Gil came through the door to find Sara sitting on the sofa in the dark.  He turned the table lamp on.

?Sara, are you ok??

She sat in silence tear tracks down her face.  Gil sat next to her.

?What?s wrong??
?The bad memories are back.?

Gil put his arm round her and pulled her into a hug.

?I meant what I said earlier.  You?re safe now, nothing is going to hurt you.?

?How can you be so sure??
?Because I wont let anything happen to you or Aaron.?

She rested her head on his shoulder and was soon asleep.