Author Topic: Fog  (Read 69393 times)

lad1982

Re: Fog
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 06:01:23 AM »
Chapter 14 ? Location, Location, Location

Brass knocked on the door.

?The location has come through.?
?Where??
?An abandoned warehouse, near the old freight station.?
?Great! Who knew back into the desert for me?  I must be cursed.?

Brass took Sara to brief her what would happen.

Brief

?There will be snipers all around the building; just in case.  I?ll drive you in.  Gil is coming too.  You?ll need to wear this.? Brass pointed to a wire.  ?We?ll be able to hear everything.?  Brass was going through the last of the little details.

All the others had gathered in the observation room to find out what was going on.  It was a tight squeeze as the lab rats had joined them.  Everyone was looking at Gil.  He couldn?t fight the tears anymore.  They fell silently.  He walked out the room.

Brass and Sara had finished.  The team went up to Sara giving her their support and reassurance.  Sara could not see Gil.  She had 30 minuets to get ready.  She was left alone after she got wired.

She couldn?t find Gil anywhere.  She thought that maybe him changed his mind and was not coming.  She had written him a letter and left it in his office.  Brass knocked on the door.

?It?s time!?

Sara nodded and got up.  Brass gave her a hug.  They went to the parking lot, where Gil was waiting.

?I thought you changed you mind.?  Her face was streaming with tears.
?I had to get something.? He pulled out a St. Christopher. ?This will keep you safe.?  He pulled her into a passionate kiss.

They got into the car.

lad1982

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2008, 06:03:00 AM »
Chapter 15 ? Their Final Goodbye

As they drove to the old station, Gil had pulled Sara into a hug; one which he did not want to let her out of.  They where finding things to talk about except what they might find and what could happen.

?We?re here.?  Brass said.

The journey went too quickly for Gil.  He held Sara a little longer and tighter.  Before she got out of the car, she had given Gil the most passionate kiss she could.  She had also reassured him that he and Aaron would be fine whatever happens.

She got out.  Grissom slowly got out the other side.

They heard a voice shout from the building.  It instructed Sara to walk into the building.  She looked at Gil.  He could see the sadness in her eyes.  This broke his heart.

?I love you.?  She said and started to well up with tears.

She slowly approached the building.  When she reached half way, she shouted to the man, asking where Aaron was.

A huge spotlight came on.  It was shining on one of the adjacent buildings.  Aaron was tided to a flagpole.

Sara turned to run to him.  The light suddenly went out and a gun fired.

Sara dropped to her knees.

?Sara???? Grissom screamed.  Brass was holding him back.

lad1982

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2008, 06:04:47 AM »
Chapter 16 ? Stupid Mistake

Sara looked up.  The light was back on.  The man shouted, ?I wont miss next time.?  Sara got up slowly and continued her agonising walk towards the building.  ?How could I be so stupid, he could of killed Aaron.? She thought.

She reached the open door.  She took a deep breath and went in.  She felt a dull pain on the back of her head.

Outside

Gil and Brass saw Sara go in.  The door had slammed shut.  The snipers could not get any visuals, and stormed the building.

Grissom ran to Aaron.

Brass radioed for the rest of the team to start processing the 2 buildings and surrounding areas.

Gil finally reached his son.

lad1982

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2008, 06:06:01 AM »
Chapter 17 ? Strangers

Gil took the blindfold from Aaron?s eyes.  He gave his son a friendly smile, and continued to untie him.  Aaron?s face was stained with tears.  He looked at Grissom and stared.  He reached into his pocket and pulled out a photo.  He compared the picture to the man in front of him. 

Gil picked him up and took him down to the paramedics, to check him over.  Due to the circumstances Gil went with him to the hospital.  He knew it would be what Sara wanted.  He also knew he was too involved and wouldn?t be of any help to the team. 

The 4 remaining CSI?s processed the furthest building, while the snipers continued to search the other building.

The 4 didn?t find anything.  The last of the storm troopers came out.
?Looks like they didn?t find anything either.?
?Guess it?s our turn!?

lad1982

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 06:07:13 AM »
Chapter 18 ? Alone In The Dark

Sara started to come around.  Her head was pounding.  It took awhile for her eyes to adjust.  Her hands and feet were tide.  The Mystery Man was sitting down looking at her.

?Where am I??
?We are in the old mine.  The building was built on top of one of the escape tunnels.?
?What do you want with me??
?To talk, to start with.?
?Ok.  I?m listening.?  Sara thought this is strange just to talk.
?Firstly, I?d like to say sorry for dragging your son in to this, and making you come back to the life you were trying to forget.?
?Well I suppose it?s the push I needed to tell him about Aaron.?  Sara thought to herself.  ?What are you going to do with me after we talk??
?I haven?t decided yet!?

They sat in silence for a while.

?Time to move!?  The man said.
?Now where are we going??
?You?ll see!?
?So, you know who I am.  How about you tell me who you are??
?Sure.  I?m Jesse.?

As they came to the end of the long tunnel, Sara could feel the night?s breeze.  The moon was high and full.  It lit up the old abandoned mining town.

Jesse had lock Sara in the Jail so she could not escape him.

Sara sat on the bed looking at the old joints trying to see if they where damaged, so she could plan her escape.

Jesse sat at the desk adjacent to the cell, watching her.

Sara felt herself drifting to sleep.

Sara?s dream part 2

She remembered the car journey.  Sitting in the back of the car with a box of kittens and another girl.  The girl was the same age; she had the same colour eyes and hair, which was in a different style to hers.  She seemed vaguely familiar.  She remembered stopping outside a big house.  The driver got out and took them both into the house.  He had taken up the three flights of stairs to the top of the house.  He locked them both in the huge attic.  She remembered playing with the toys that where there.  The next day, he had come and taken the other girl.  Sara was left alone.  The following day, Sara awoke to screaming.  The attic door was being kicked in from someone.  When the door finally gave way, she could see a police officer in the doorway.  He scooped her up and took her back to her family.

The sun was shining through the bar on Sara?s face.  The warmth was so comforting for her.  She started to stir.

?Why did you kidnap me??
?It was something I did.  I had no friends when I grew up.  My parents didn?t want me.  I was left to do as I pleased.  Sure I had imaginary friends, but they weren?t real.  The only way was to take children and watch them play.?
?I remember there being someone else in the car, when you took me.  Who was she?  Did you let her go??
?You don?t remember who she was then??
?No.  Should I??
?Well, she was called Sophie?Sophie Sidle.?
Sara?s mouth had dropped.
?That?s right.  She was your twin.  She was more of a handful then you.  I got so mad at her, just like the others.  I took her to the basement.  She had to be punished.  I beat her very badly.  She didn?t survive.?
?All these years.  I didn?t even remember her.?
?Well, it was traumatic for you.  But that?s when it started.  Your dad blamed you mum for leaving you both outside, when she knew another child had be taken.  The loss of your sister hit him hard.  I guess he didn?t know how to deal with it, so he hit the booze hard; and took his anger out on your mum.  I know he abused you and you had frequent trips in and out of the hospital.  I suppose he couldn?t deal with your identical sister.  I?m sorry he beat you.  I think he pushed your mum too far; that?s why she killed him, before he beat you to nothing.  I guess she couldn?t face to lose another child.?
Sara had tears falling down her face.
?How could I forget her??  Sara thought.  ?How could they not of talked about her?  How could her brother not spoken of Sophie? Had he forgotten??

?I used to come here when I was young.  It?s the only place I felt safe.  My farther used to give me his belt for no good reason.  I guess there?s a murder gene.  He killed my pets; so I killed him.  He had to be punished, just like the bad children I abducted.?

?What now?  Are you going to kill me?  You said you wanted the one that got away.?
?Yes I did and yes I was.  But I wanted to explain.  I now know what I did was wrong.  I have to be punished.  Don?t worry, I?m not going to kill you; I can see how much you love your son.  Love I never knew.  It?s up to your friends to find you.  If you survive then you where meant to, if you don?t then I guess they will miss you.?

With that Jesse left the jailhouse.  He walked up to the old gallows.  He slipped the noose around his neck.  He took a deep breath and jumped.

Sara could here his neck break.

lad1982

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 06:08:08 AM »
Chapter 19 ? What Did We Miss?

Greg and Warrick took the second floor and roof.  They came up empty.  Catherine and Nick found the wire and a set of footprints alongside drag marks.  They followed them to the basement.  The trail got cold.
?How could the prints just disappear??
?I?m going check the other room out!?
?Be careful!?
?I?ll take Greg with me.?

Nick and Greg went down the hallway to check out the other two rooms.

Catherine and Warrick were baffled.  The trail they had followed had stopped in front of a wall.
?That?s strange.  Could there be something behind here??
?Let?s try pushing.?
The wall did not budge.

They caught up with Nick and Greg.
?What you got??
?Blood spots!?
?I hope she?s ok.?

They searched the remainder of the basement but found nothing.  They took what they had back to the lab.

The lab

The team took the evidence to the relevant sub-labs and waited for the results.

?I wonder how Gil and Aaron are??

Just then Brass walked into the layout room.

?Any news on Gil and Aaron??
?They are keeping Aaron in over night.  Gil will be on his way back in about an hour to pick Sara?s belongings up.?
?It?s confirmed, it was Sara?s blood we found.?
?I do hope she?s ok.?
?Any hits on the type of shoe Greg??
?Well, it?s a normal trainer so no help from them.?

Brass? phone started to ring.

?Brass? Oh right? Yeah fax it over? Thanks I owe you!?

?That was an old pal of mine at the San Francisco Police Department.  They managed to dig out the old archive file on the kidnappings.  Ok the guy we?re after is Jesse Travis.?

An hour later

Grissoms? office

Grissom had decided to collect Aaron?s teddy bear to help him settle.  He had not said a word since he got him.  Grissom could not believe how much he looked like him or how he reminded him of Sara when he looked into his eyes.

Catherine saw a figure in the office and went in.

?Hay!?
?Oh, hi Cath.?
?How?s Aaron??
?Well? he hasn?t said anything, he keeps looking at a picture of me and Sara; you know the one you saw on my fridge.  I thought this might help.?  He pointed at the bear.
?Have you found Sara yet??
?No.  We found footprints and drag marks, but they disappeared.  We have no clues where they went.  No one saw any vehicles leave.?
?Can I suggest you get out the maps and see what else is in the surrounding areas.?
?I can?t believe we didn?t think of that.?
?Keep me posted.  I?m going to be at the hospital all night.?
?Gil??
?Yeah.?
?It will be ok.?

Grissom smiled at Catherine and left.  He hadn?t notice a small envelope fall from Sara?s belongings.

Layout room

?Ok guys, Griss said to look at the maps and the surrounding areas.?
?Is he ok??
?Not really.?

All four studied the map as hard as they could.

?I don?t see anything on this one.?

?Wait!  What?s this line??
?Hang on, there?s an older map here.?

Nick overlaid the two maps.

?Looks like a network of tunnels running through the desert.?
?How many tunnels??
?Five!?
?I?ll tell Brass to meet us there.?

They all left for the central point on the tunnels.

lad1982

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2008, 06:09:08 AM »
Chapter 20 ? Here For You

Hospital

Grissom arrived at the hospital.  When he reached Aaron?s room, he waited outside and watched him for 10 minuets.  He still could not believe how much he had missed.

He walks in.

?Hi Aaron.  I thought you might be needing this.? Grissom gave Aaron the bear.  As he took it, a single tear fell from his eyes.  Grissom hesitantly wiped it from his face, not knowing if he should.

?Do you know who I am??
Aaron just nodded.
?I know you are scared, but I?m here to make sure you are ok.  Your mother will be here when she can.?  ?I hope they find her soon.?  Gil thought, his phone interrupted his thoughts.  He went out to the waiting area to answer it.

?Grissom? Yes Jim? Be careful the old tunnels are not safe, especially with the recent bad weather? Make sure everyone is in groups, no telling what?s down there.?

By the time Gil returned to his son, he had fallen asleep hugging his bear.  Gil sat beside him and picked up the picture he had been looking at.  ?The good old days.?  He thought.  ?I didn?t realise she still had her copy of this.  I?ll have to take them both and get an up to date picture with the Golden Gate as the backdrop.?  He turned the picture over.  Sara had written on the back.  ?The best day ever ?98?, she had also written ?Mum & Dad? for Aaron.  A tear had come to Gil?s eyes as he thought again what could have been, if only he went after her.  He kept questioning himself.  ?Why didn?t I go after her?  Why didn?t she tell me?  Why didn?t she come back?  Why?  Why? Why??  His concentration was now on Aaron who was fighting in his sleep.  Gil stood up and started to stroke Aaron?s head hoping it would calm him.  After a while Aaron had calmed down.  Gil sat on the bed and held him.  He laid out and was soon asleep himself.

lad1982

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 06:10:33 AM »
Chapter 21 ? Tunnels

Catherine, Warrick, Nick, Greg, Brass and a rookie officer, Logan, all met at the wall in the basement.  Warrick and Nick took it in turns to break through the wall.  When they finally made it through, they all checked their gears.

?Hardhats.  Flashlights.  First-aid kits.  Ropes.  Water.  Energy bars.  Radios.  Guns.?

The six all walked down the narrow tunnel trying to see if they could pick up on Sara?s trail.  No luck.  They had been walking for about 15 minuets when they came to a fork. 

?Which way??
?Let?s split.?
?Ok.  Catherine, Warrick and Greg down the left; we?ll take the right.? Before they separated they checked their radios.

Left Tunnel

Catherine and the others walked through large rooms, of what looked to be once storage areas.  The next room was twice as big as the first room.  This had a reservoir in it.  They had been going for 20 minuets, when they came to a dead end due to a cave in.

Warrick clicked the radio,

?Nick?Nick?We have reached a dead end? We are coming to join you guys.?

Right Tunnel

Nick, Brass and Logan had found the footprints.  They had followed them for 15 minuets.  The prints had stopped.  Nick had searched the ground and walls and found dried blood.  He was hoping it was Sara?s, so they where on the right trail.  Just then his radio clicked.  Warrick relayed a message.  Nick replied,

?Ok, we will wait for you here.?

It had taken Catherine, Warrick and Greg 40 minuets to catch up.  Nick showed them the dried blood.  Greg had found more footprints.  They all set off again.

They had been walking for another 20 minuets.

?5 minuet break everyone.?

They all had stopped for water and something to eat, except Nick, who had gone a little further.  When he came back to the group he said, ?There are 4 more tunnels branching off, they all have footprints going down them.?
?What do you want to do??
?We can either do one at a time.  Split into 3?s and do 2 at a time or split into 2?s and cover most of them??
?I think split into 2?s it?ll be quicker.?

Everyone checked their gear again.

?Alright, I?ll take Brass with me.?

?I?ll take Logan.?
?Great, I?m stuck with Greg again.?
?We know how much you like each other.?
?Ha, ha, ha.?
?Which one?s to take first??
?Greg and I will take the one furthest left.?
?Brass and I will take the next one.?
?Ok Logan, we?ve got the next one.?

They all had been walking for about 15 minuets, when they heard a load crashing, and felt a rumbling.  Panic had filled the air.

?Catherine you alright??

?Yeah, I?m fine.?

?Logan, look out!?  Warrick pushed him out the way.
?Thanks man.?
?No worries.?

?What was that Nick??
?I?m not sure!?

They all checked in with each other.

Catherine & Brass

They continued to walk for another 10 minuets, until they came out into the daylight.  They looked around in amazement.

?A whole town hidden in the dessert!?
?Who?d of thought??

They started to look around.

Warrick & Logan

?Thanks for back there.  I didn?t see it coming.?
?That?s ok, guess we?re lucky.  Could have been worse.?

They had continued to walk.  It had taken them 20 minuets to come out of their tunnel into the town.  They soon joined Catherine and Brass.

Nick & Greg

?That didn?t sound good.  What was it??
?Guess a cave-in somewhere.?
?I hope we can get back out.?
?We?ll be fine.?

It had taken them 30 minuets to get clear and join the others

Middle Of Town

?Hay.  Find anything??
?Yeah.  We think we found Jesse.?  Warrick pointed at the gallows.
?What about Sara??
?Not yet!?

They had searched every building but one.  They all walked up the steps to the jailhouse not knowing what to expect.  They went in.  There was no one there.

lad1982

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2008, 06:11:33 AM »
Chapter 22 ? Cave-In

Sara had managed to untie herself; with the broken chair pieces she had broke.  She had used the bed to ram through the bars and escaped he cell.  She walked back the way she came.  When see reached the gallows she was hesitant to go pass them as Jesse was still hanging.

She found the flashlight Jesse discarded when they came out of the tunnel, at the opening.  Sara started to make her way home.  She had been walking for 20 minuets when Sara felt uneasy but continued. 

Sara felt a rumbling and heard a loud crashing.  The tunnel she was in had started to cave-in.  Sara tried not to panic, but what could she do?  She dodged as many falling rocks as she could, until the dust impaired her vision.

When the dust had finally settled, Sara could see her leg being pinned by a huge rock.  She tried to dig it free but another cave-in followed.  This time she had no way of dodging the falling debris.  Something hard had hit her head, causing her to loose consciousness.

lad1982

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 06:12:27 AM »
Chapter 23 ? Dead Body

Gil was still sleeping peacefully on Aaron?s hospital bed.  His mind was wondering of what he was going to do when they find Sara and worked out the next steps.

Grissom was now dreaming of the night Sara had given herself up for their son.  He kept picturing Sara getting shot.  The pictures then moved to her being in the dark and all alone.  The pictures where flashing in his mind.  He now dreamt that he had found her.  He managed to somehow break into the room she was in, but he was too late, she had been there far too long.

Gil felt a pushing.  He opened his eyes and saw Aaron.

?You where having a bad dream.?

Gil smiled at him and pulled him close for a hug.  They spent the rest of the night talking about bugs, until Aaron had drifted back to sleep.

lad1982

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2008, 06:13:32 AM »
Chapter 24 ? Is She Alive?

The team had found the opening to the forth and final tunnel.  They all checked their kits again and started to move slowly down it.

The team had walked very carefully for 15 minuets.  They could see the affects of a recent cave-in, as the dust was still settling.

?How bad do you think it is??
?Well, Logan nearly got hit by a falling boulder earlier.?
?Very bad then.?
?Ok, Nick, Logan and Warrick, go down one of the other tunnels, see if you can get through that way.?
?What are we going to do??
?Start digging!  If Sara?s not here and she didn?t pass any of us then she may of gone down here.?

The remaining three started to dig.

Warrick had guided Nick to the tunnel he and Logan had come out of.  They decided to take that one, as it was 10 minuets shorter.

It had taken them 25 minuets to get to the other end, as they ran.

Nick checked in with Brass.

?We are starting to make our way towards you guys.?
?Ok, let us know when you get to the cave-in.?

It had taken the boys a further 15 minuets to reach the other end of the cave-in.  They informed the other group, and started to dig.

Brass had radioed for an air-ambulance, to meet them outside the building in the old station.  He had also radioed for a coroner for Jesse.

Old Town Entrance

Catherine and Greg had managed to make a small hole for Greg to crawl through.

?It?s not to bad past here?  There are more rocks?  I?ve found broken glass? Looks like from a flashlight.?
?Be careful!  We?ll try and make the gap bigger and join you.?

It took them 20 minuets to join Greg.

Station Entrance

Nick, Logan and Warrick where digging like mad.  It had taken them 15 minuets to get through the first section of smaller rocks.  There pace had slowed as they found it harder with the bigger ones.

Warrick?s radio clicked.

?Guys, we?re through.  We?ve found a broken flashlight.?

It took another 20 minuets for the boys to clear the larger rocks.

?Here?  Here?? Nick moved his light over what he thought was a hand.
?Careful man.?

They started to move the rocks very carefully as they didn?t know what condition the body was in, or if it was Sara.

They where half way of uncovering the face.  Suddenly a head popped through the rocks.

?Hay guys!?
?Don?t scare us like that Greg!?
?Sorry!  What you got??
?A body, we?ve nearly uncovered the face.?

It took the 3 boys 10 more minuets to finally uncover Sara?s face.  At this point Greg was fully through, he had finished helping Catherine through and then Brass.

As they removed the remaining rocks off Sara, Greg had run to get the Paramedics and made sure they brought everything.

By the time Greg got back, Logan and Warrick where freeing Sara?s leg, which was broken in 2 places.

The Paramedics got Sara stabilised before moving her.  She had a strong pulse but was unresponsive.

They airlifted her to the hospital, Catherine going with her.

Warrick and Greg took David up one of the other tunnels for Jesse?s body.

Brass phoned Gil and let him know, Sara was on route to the hospital with Catherine; Jesse was dead and the team where on their way to join him.

lad1982

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2008, 06:13:08 AM »
Chapter 25 ? Sara?s Letter

As Sara was being rushed in through the hallways of the hospital, Catherine booked her in at reception and went to find Gil.

Catherine knocked on Aaron?s room.  Gil looked up to acknowledge her.  She came in.

?They?ve taken her straight to surgery.?
?What happened??
?She must of escaped?She went down one of the tunnels?There was a cave-in?I don?t know how long she was there?It?s bad.?
?Slow down Catherine, breathe.?

Tears had started to well up in her eyes. 

Gil and Catherine left Aaron, so not to disturb him.  They walked down to the waiting room.  Catherine managed to fill him in on the 4 tunnels that needed searching.

?We split into 3 teams and started to search.  We all felt a rumble.  Logan, the rookie cop, had a near miss.  We searched the Old Town.  We didn?t find her there.  All of us found the last tunnel and went down it.  We found it blocked, Nick, Warrick and Logan went round while the rest of us started to dig.  They finally reached the other end and started to dig.  We don?t know how long she was under there.?

?What did the Paramedics say??

?She has a strong pulse, but she?s un-responsive.  She also has a broken leg and fractured 2 ribs.  As they were getting her out of the ambulance, her breathing worsened, they said her lung was collapsing and wheeled her straight into surgery.?

?Please let her be ok.?

?Gil, she?s a fighter.  I?m sure she?ll pull through.?

?I do hope your right?She?s been through enough in her life?I don?t know what would happen if she doesn?t.?

Just then a nurse came into the waiting room.

?Excuse me Mr Grissom.  Your son is asking for you.?

?I need to be here!?

Catherine could see his heart was torn between the two most important people in his life and he didn?t know what to do.

?Gil, go to him.  He needs you.  I?ll get you when we know more.?

Grissom raced off down the corridor to his son.

When he reached his room, he saw 2 nurses trying to comfort him.

?Aaron, what?s wrong son??

?I had a bad dream.  I dreamt that the bad man came and got you as well.  He had tied you and mum up and shot you both.  I tried to stop him but I couldn?t.?

Grissom went over and gave Aaron a reassuring hug.

?It?s ok.  The bad man is not going to hurt anyone any more.?

He wiped away his tears and sat on the bed with his arms around him.

An hour later

Brass, Nick, Warrick and Greg met up with Catherine in the waiting room.

?Any news??
?Not yet.?
?Where is Gil??
?Aaron needed him.?
?I?ll be back.?

Brass went to find his dear friend.

?How?s the little fella??

?Getting there.  Any news on Sara??
?No, still in surgery.  I found this outside your office before we left.  I hadn?t had a chance to give it to you.?

Brass gave Gil a small white envelope.

?I?ll leave you to it.?

Brass went back to join the others in the waiting room.

Gil turned the envelope over, he recognised the hand writing immediately.

??Sara??

He opened the letter.

Sara?s letter

My dearest Gil,

I?d tried to find you after the briefing; but I couldn?t so I wrote you a letter instead.  I?m truly sorry for leaving you that night, it was my mistake saying not to come after me, but I needed the space.  I found it extremely hard to tell you I was carrying your child, which is why I didn?t come back; I wasn?t sure how you would of taken it.  I now know that was a huge mistake.  I want you to know that I love you.  I?d never stopped loving you.

If something happens to me, please tell Aaron that I love him and it?s not his fault this happened, and Gil some advice.

Tell each other that you love them every chance you get.  Look after each other always, no matter what happens in the future.  Let Aaron be himself, even if you don?t like the decisions he?s made, he will learn.

I know you will be a great farther and role model for him.  And I know the gang will help you, just ask them.

Although the time together has been short, my love for you is endless.  I wish we had more time together so my heart would not hurt.

Always and Forever yours

~Sara~

Tears had started to fall from his eyes.

?Sara?I?m so sorry.?

Gil had not noticed Catherine in the doorway.

?Gil.  The doctor is looking for you.  I?ll stay with Aaron.?
?Thank you.?

He got up slowly not to disturb Aaron and went to the waiting room.

?Mr Grissom, Sara?s out of surgery.  We had complications with the collapsed lung, but we managed to re-inflate it and it?s holding.  She has re-fractured 2 of her ribs and a broken leg.  She is also in a coma.  We have moved her to Intensive Care.  I?ll get someone to take you up there.?

?Thank you doctor.?  Gil said in shock.

Intensive Care Unit

Gil was watching the nurse monitoring Sara.  She was connected to about 3 machines and had wires and tubes attached to her.  He finally went in.

Gil sat next to her and took her hand.

?Oh Sara.  I?m so sorry.  I wish you told me.  We would have been ok.  We would of worked out any problems.?

He kissed her hand lightly.

Gil had sat with her the remainder of the night.  The team took it in turns to sit with them both.  Nick had relieved Catherine so she could see Sara.

The team left slowly to go home and get much needed rest, except Catherine who stayed with Aaron.

lad1982

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2008, 06:14:05 AM »
Chapter 26 ? Discharge

The doctor was pleased with Aaron?s progress through the night, he was allowed to go home.  Gil had signed the relevant paperwork and he was ready.

Gil knelt down coming to eye level with Aaron.

?Before we go, I need to tell you what happened to the bad man and your mother.?
?Ok.?
?Well, the bad man is dead and your mother was involved in a cave-in.  She is in a coma.  Do you want to see her before we go home??

Aaron nodded.  Gil took him to the ICU to see his mum.  Grissom had told him not to be scared of what he saw; the machines and wires were helping her.

They had ended up staying for 3 hours; it was time to go home.

Aaron gave Sara a kiss and put his Teddy Bear next to her.

?He will keep you safe mummy.?

Grissom picked Aaron up and carried him to the car.  They left to go home.

On the way home Gil had taken Aaron shopping, to redecorate one of the guest room for him.  He had also called Catherine to meet them, to go clothes shopping.  He didn?t need to ask her twice.

lad1982

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2008, 06:14:46 AM »
Chapter 27 ? A Time For Change

The next morning, Aaron had woken up extra early.  He had ran into his father?s room and jumped on the bed; startling him.

?Come on.  You said we could make a start decorating my room.?
?That I did.?

After they had breakfast, they started to clear the room Aaron decided would be his.

?I think we may need reinforcements.?  Gil gave Nick a call.

Nick arrived 40 minuets later and had brought Warrick with him.

?How?s Sara??
?The same.  We?re going to see her later.?

It didn?t take them long to finish clearing the room.  They had put a drop cloth down and started to paint the walls.

Two hours later

?I think that?ll do today lads, thank you.?
?Any time Griss.? Warrick and Nick let them selves out.
?Well Aaron, time to get cleaned up, let?s go see your mother.?

As they arrived at Sara?s room, the doctor was waiting for them.

?What?s the matter??
?I just wanted to update you.  Her lung is holding unexpectedly well and she is breathing on her own now.?
?That?s great news.  Do you know when she may come out of the coma??
?No.  It?s still a waiting game I?m afraid.?

Grissom and Aaron went in.  They took up the same seats as before.  Aaron told Sara what they did yesterday when they left her and what they had gotten up to today.

During their 3-hour stay, Greg and Brass had stopped by to see how she was doing.

lad1982

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2008, 06:15:38 AM »
Chapter ? 28 Nightmares

The past week went by gradually, Gil and Aaron had spent the usual 3-hours with Sara everyday.  They told her of the days events.  They read to her and Gil filled her in on the gang and work.

That night on the way home a storm was brewing.  Gil glanced at Aaron.  He could see fear in his eyes.

?You ok son??
?Yeah, it just reminds me of when I was tied up on the roof.?
?Your safe.  You will always be safe.?

When they got home they had dinner, Gil taught Aaron to play chess.  After 2 games Aaron got ready for bed, Gil sat with him on his bed and read to him until he was asleep.

Grissom had become very tired and decided to have an early night.  He managed to fall asleep relatively easily.

Grissom?s dream

Gil?s dream started with him playing in a park with Aaron.  He glanced over his shoulder at a woman sitting on a bench watching them.  It was Sara, she was holding a baby, smiling sweetly back at him.

Grissom laid in bed smiling.

His thoughts suddenly changed to him standing outside a building.  He was franticly looking for Sara, he saw her.  She turned.  He heard a gunshot.  She fell. Gil ran over to her.  There was a bullet hole on her chest.  The bullet had gone straight through her, he checked her vitals, she was gone.

Images started flashing through his mind.  It was a mix of Aaron tied to the flagpole, Sara in a coma, Sara walking toward the building.  Then she reappeared, Natalie, the miniatures, Sara in the desert.  He could hear her.  She was calling him ?Help me Gil!?  Her cries were getting louder and louder, the images flashing quicker and quicker.

Gil shot up in bed, in a cold sweat.  As he was trying to control his breathing something had caught his eye.

He slowly reached over to the draw of the bedside table and got his gun.  He slowly got out of bed and walked to the bedroom door.  He could hear someone on the other side.  The door handle started to turn.  Gil moved slightly away from the door as it opened.

Gil took a deep breath in.

?Daddy?  Daddy!?

?Son what?s wrong?  Why are you up this late??
?I has a really bad dream, the storm woke me up.?

Gil hadn?t even noticed the fierce storm outside.

?Why do you have a gun??

?I was checking something out.  I thought I might have needed it.?

Gil scooped Aaron up and placed him on the bed.  He put the gun away and joined his son.  He pulled him close and wrapped the quilt over them both.  Gil stroked the side of his face until he was sound asleep.