Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: A Visit to Las Vegas  (Read 37021 times)

Offline sarapals

• He's still wearing this shirt--2013!
    • View Profile
A Visit to Las Vegas
« on: March 06, 2009, 12:05:42 PM »
Here's another one following our fanfic of Catherine's visit, enjoy!

A Visit to Las Vegas Chapter 1

?I?m exhausted.?

Sara watched as her husband stretched across the bed. ?We can get help for the days I work.? She placed hands on his shoulders and massaged, gently probing the tight muscles.

?No, I enjoy this.? He rolled over, pulling her into his arms. She snuggled into his chest and his tiredness evaporated. His hands covered hers. ?We had a good day?she should sleep all night.?

?She?ll miss you while you are gone.?

Gil Grissom shifted his weight so he could see his wife?s face. He never tired of this life. A gift, he often said, given to him as a second chance. ?Just overnight. Think you can handle all of this?? He saw a smirk turn into a grin.

?I think I can manage, Dear. One baby, one dog?we?ll do fine.?

His hands moved to her face, gently caressing her chin before kissing her. She responded by pulling him into a deeper kiss, her fingers in his hair.

As warmth turned to a burning desire, he pulled back. ?Sure this is okay??

A giggle, ?Yes.?

?When is your appointment??

?Next month. I?m fine?really.?

He kissed her again, sliding hands underneath her shirt, her soft skin arousing him even more than her kiss. ?Am I a total pervert to want you all the time?? He whispered into her ear.

The giggle started quietly and erupted as a laugh as she moved to push him against the pillow. ?You are exhausted from a day of play, Gil, let me.? She placed a long leg across his hips and swiftly moved to a sitting position between his legs. Her arms crossed and she pulled her shirt over her head. In the shaded darkness of the bedroom, he could clearly see her pale body. Slim through the middle, her breasts much smaller than they had been when she nursed their daughter, rose as two firm mounds covered with a small dark crown. His hands sought these, but she laughingly pushed his hands away as she moved his shirt up and over his head. In doing so, she leaned forward, teasing his chest with her touch. The shirt was thrown behind her.

?Now for these pants. Men need some kind of snap-on pants.? She slid back as she tugged at the sweat pants he wore. He bent a knee to assist her with removal and grinned as a hand slid down his leg and caressed his foot. Every touch, every contact with her skin caused a deep sensual, pleasing ache. The pants gone, she started on his boxers. ?At least I understand these?they don?t have to come off.? She slowed her words, shot him a glance, and put one thumb underneath the elastic band, running it slowly back and forth, across his lower abdomen, in a teasing play. She sat between his knees wearing the briefest of panties, one hand on his leg, while the other leisurely made its way to the outward show of his desire.

Leaning forward, she kissed his belly, right above his navel. He felt her tongue touch his skin. That was the last thing he needed. His arms reached for her, pulling her over his body.

?Get up here,? he growled. His hands pushed the boxers off at the same time as he removed the skimpy cloth she called underwear. ?Sexy woman! Driving an old guy to complete, utter distraction.?

She mumbled something. He wasn?t sure, and he would never ask, but if he heard correctly, she said, ?Remember this when you visit Heather.? Then she kissed him so passionately, moved her legs to give him more room, rolled underneath him, fitting against his body as secure as a well-cut piece of a jigsaw puzzle; he was lost to conscious thought as desire, an all-consuming fervor drove deep within him. He belonged here, to her, never again could he be the lonely, work obsessed individual he had been for most of his life.

Tonight, she responded to him as he always did to her. She would tell him ?you take me completely by surprise? as he made love to her, with her. Every time, she thought, it can be no better?yet loving him got better every day in unexpected, unpredicted, and amazing ways. She gasped for air tonight, said his name in a sudden spasm of overwhelming climax, her back arched, every muscle in her body contracted for a brief moment. Waves pounded her brain and moved along her body until she felt him collapse against her.

He tried to move. ?Don?t?let me feel you for a while,? she whispered.

"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)

Butterfly114

Re: A Visit to Las Vegas
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 12:17:53 PM »
Welcome back, I was really missing my sarapals fix for the day.
Grissom going to LV overnight, can't wait to see what that is about!
Wonderful beginning, look forward to the next update.

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 12:29:41 PM »
Great start!

trishj

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 02:41:10 PM »
Fantastic as always 

sixtyplus

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 05:53:26 PM »
Great a new ff ,and as usual a great start  ;D

Billyjorja

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 05:59:29 AM »
Agree with everyone else.  When I saw your name I couldn't get to the "mouse" quick enough.

More please.

Trish

Offline sarapals

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 09:35:03 AM »
She felt his lips along her neck as he shifted weight to elbows and knees. ?I am no longer exhausted,? he said as he wrapped arms around her, tucking his head against hers. He had learned over the years of their relationship that she looked forward to the time of intimacy following their physical act; she called it ?more intimate than sex.? He no longer dropped off to sleep immediately but waited for her to talk. At some point, he realized he should have done this in the beginning.

?Have you figured out why she called?? Sara asked.

?No. I called Nick?he knows nothing, nothing he would say over the phone.? He sighed, gentle warm air touching her cheek. ?She?s called before but the lawyers have handled her request. This time she insists I come.?

?I should go, take the baby. Tell everyone our news.? She laughed. ?Will you tell?or should we surprised everyone with a birth announcement in seven months??

His hand touched her face. ?Sara, do you know how much I love you?? He felt her smile. ?I think we will have another daughter?a Lady Bug to play with Bizzy Bee.?

Her giggle returned?a sound he had already recognized in his young daughter. ?Two girls, no boy to carry on the Grissom name??

?We need girls, Sara. Girls stay with their parents?boys go away. Look at me. I never visited my mother as I should have, called her sporadically. I?ll take a dozen girls over boys any day. Bizzy needs a sister.? He did not voice his very private concern; the age difference between them almost certainly meant she would live many years without him. Daughters would mean she would never be alone.

He changed the subject, saying, ?When I return, I?m turning the back porch into a play room. Little girls need their own space.? He had slipped to lie beside her while she rested her head on his shoulder. She crooked an arm and rested her head in her hand.

?I thought the porch was beyond repair, too small for anything useful.? Her fingers played along his chest.

?The contractor looked at it today. With a little work, he can make it larger, put windows all around. Put an opening from the kitchen. Would you like that? I know we will need more room.?

?Sounds perfect.? She smiled; her head came to rest against his chest. ?Thanks?you are such a great dad,? she said as she kissed him. ?And lover, remember that.? In minutes, she was asleep, soft, calm breathing warming his neck.

Grissom held her and thought about life, their life together, their young daughter asleep in the next room; another baby coming in seven months. Sara had been the one to suggest this living experiment; one night saying, ?We should have another baby, so she won?t grow up alone.?

He had not hesitated. Little Bizzy was a gift, and, at his age, he wasn?t sure they would get another. Within weeks, this woman who had never given much thought to being a mother, was smiling and holding a positive pregnant test.

?A gurgling laugh woke Sara. She knew before she opened her eyes what was happening; this daily ritual between father and daughter.

?Can?t a girl get a little beauty sleep?? She asked stretching like a cat before a warm fire. Baby and husband turned in her direction; another baby giggle came as Bizzy scrambled from one parent to the other. Sara had realized months ago that few parents could do as they did?wake each morning with an undetermined amount of time to play, taking as long as they wanted to actually get out of bed. Sometimes noon came and the three were still playing, unaware of the rest of the world.

The baby played a game of her own between the two adults crawling from one to the other, laughing, playing with each, until they rolled together and caught her in a web of arms, and she collapsed against her mother with a thumb in her mouth.

Grissom made a game of pulling the thumb from her mouth while he talked about his trip. ?I can?t imagine why she is insisting I meet with her. The last time?calling that a disaster would be comparing a crack in the sidewalk to an earthquake.?

Sara got out of bed with the baby. ?I?ll get breakfast started while you pack.? She held Bizzy on her hip. ?And we plan to walk around the city this afternoon.?

He offered to drive himself to the airport, but that was nicked. ?I want to see the bay; we?ll make an afternoon of it.?

They were both puzzled by the request from Las Vegas. After Warrick Brown died, and they discovered he had a son, other details emerged. Warrick had named Grissom as financial executor of his will and as guardian of his son. Tina had objected from the moment the will was read. As much as Grissom and the others who had known Warrick as a close, personal friend wanted to be involved in the life of his son, the child?s mother shut them out. Grissom chose to defuse conflict by following her wishes; Nick had been able to establish careful and occasional contact with Tina and kept Grissom quietly informed about their life.

Once a year, Grissom met with lawyers and court representatives, went over all requests and disbursements, met little Eli Brown for a few hours with his mother present, and left, disheartened to have so little contact, but satisfied in knowing the child?s mother appeared to care for her son as he grew from baby to little boy. A week ago, the attorney?s office had called with a request for him to be present to meet with Tina. No other information was available.

"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)

Butterfly114

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 10:05:29 AM »
Very good update, anxious to see what Tina wants.

sixtyplus

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 10:32:20 AM »
I wonder what Tina want ? more very soon please . ;D

trishj

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 12:50:56 PM »
Great job, I like how you added Eli.  More when you can.

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 02:30:40 PM »
Great chapter!

Same here, want to know what Tina wants.

Offline sarapals

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 09:49:02 PM »
?Grissom watched as Sara drove away from the airport, his daughter?s hand waving from her rear seat, throwing her a kiss, promising to call when he arrived.

Sara and Bizzy spent a long afternoon walking around a bayside park, watching boats sail under the bridge, eating ice cream, and blending with tourists and locals who crowded the area on a warm, sunny day. It amazed Sara Sidle Grissom that she could love another person as much as she loved her daughter?to much, she thought. But, she loved her husband as much as she loved Bizzy, just in a different way. Now they had another baby coming and she realized her heart had the ability to love even more. There was nothing scientific about her situation, she knew, but it was a different reality for her.

The object of her affection walked with the toddling gait of all babies, running more than walking most of the time, laughing as she fell and stood again. Sara tried not to be over-protective, difficult at times; today she let the child explore as everything in the park became a new discovery.

Blue eyes flashed with laughter as she picked up Bizzy. ?It?s time to head home, Bizzy Bee.? Her father?s nickname had become the name she knew; the perfectly beautiful name of Elizabeth that Sara had given her child had been quickly designated as one for the birth certificate and little else. Before Sara had driven a mile, the baby was asleep in the back seat and Sara was left to negotiate traffic and think.

She seldom had an hour of quietness; she was teaching two days a week ?just to try something different? she had explained to Grissom and her mother. He had been the one to find the teaching vacancy, and had encouraged her to apply for the part-time position. He had also insisted he would be the one to take care of their daughter.

Sara had arrived home one afternoon to find both covered in white-wash as he painted a fence and Bizzy had painted herself. Another day, she found both working in the flower garden. One was covered with mud and muck while the other played with flat rocks and stones. While Sara worried about dirt, germs, bug bites, and infections, the baby stayed healthy.

Today, driving as her daughter slept, she worried about Las Vegas, what Grissom would find, why this sudden demand for an in-person visit after nearly three years of animosity and rejection of all overtures of friendship. Probably trying to break the guardianship, she decided, so Warrick?s estate could be under her control. She was almost home when the phone chirped and she pressed a number to hear Grissom?s voice.

?I?m here. Did you have a good afternoon??

?We did, just now going home. Bizzy is taking a nap. How was your flight? How is Nick, Greg, Catherine? Who picked you up? Have you??

?Whoa! Ask me one question at a time!? She heard him laugh. ?Nick is here, sends his deepest love. I?m seeing Greg and Catherine and Jim for dinner. Nick knows nothing about Eli or Tina. I see the lawyers tomorrow. I guess I?ll know then.?

Sara heard Nick?s voice in the background. ?What?s Nick saying?? She asked.

?He says I?m an old goat for knocking you up again so soon.? A rumble of laughter from two voices came over her phone.

?Tell him to find a woman,? she said. The conversation that followed took the usual turn of one of two people separated by distance. She reminded him to call as soon as he was on a returning plane.

trishj

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 10:08:19 PM »
One the edge of my seat wondering what is going on, update when you can.  Great story.

Butterfly114

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 09:16:50 AM »
Sara is a wonderful mother and Grissom a great Dad, but what about this meeting with Tina and lawyers, update soon please.

Offline sarapals

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 10:22:05 AM »
?Dinner with old friends occurred in a new hotel where Catherine was a silent partner except that every employee knew immediately when she entered the front door. Service and food was impeccable as the former colleagues talked about the years they had worked together, what they were doing now, the strangeness that was Las Vegas.

?Do you miss it?? Greg asked.

Grissom grinned, as he remembered the young man?s desire to get into the field, the traumatic day he had to tell his parents that he no longer worked in the lab after a severe beating. ?Not one minute of it. Life is different?I stay home and play.?

Catherine had visited the couple, had seen the change in lifestyle. ?I told you.?

?And Sara?she doesn?t miss any of this?? asked Greg.

?No, Sara left and never looked back. She?s teaching physics?one course?at the community college. She likes it, gets her out of the house for a little while.?

Nick nudged Grissom, a smug look on his face. ?Tell them your announcement.?

In the low lights of the restaurant, most did not notice the tinge of pink on Grissom?s cheeks with Nick?s words. Catherine did, and immediately said, ?Sara?s having another baby,? before Grissom could reply to Nick?s statement.

He nodded. ?Yeah,? he grinned as he acknowledged Catherine?s words. ?Only twelve weeks.?

Catherine leaned forward. ?Gil, did you plan this? Two babies under two? Are you nuts??

The men were suppressing laughter, nothing like being caught by Catherine?s no-nonsense opinion, freely given. Grissom laughed as he answered. ?It was Sara?s idea. Thought Bizzy needed a sibling, someone to play with?not sure why, she has me!? He turned serious. ?It?s a good idea. I?m an old parent?I can?t live forever. I?m hoping for another girl?girls always look after their mothers?look at you, Catherine.?

Conversation returned to work, to others in the lab, to changes in processes, to an old case, and finally, to his reason for returning to Vegas for this quick trip. None at the table knew why the mother of Warrick?s son wanted to see Grissom.

Brass had one suggestion, ?She?s had a boyfriend?not the first one, but this one is serious. Maybe he wants to be named guardian or adopt Eli.?

Grissom?s was not the only eyebrow to lift around the table. ?That?s good if he wants to adopt, but I?m not giving up financial guardianship. I may not have much say but I can make sure that financially, he?s taken care of.?

Later, as he walked through the lab, seeing many familiar faces, he had no desire to return to the hectic, chaotic life of solving crime. Catherine walked with him, pointing to new equipment or a new employee.

?You never miss this, Gil, truthfully?? She asked.

?I do not. In here tonight, I ask myself why I stayed so long.?

Catherine said with a laugh, ?You loved it most of the time; the puzzle, the excitement, the rush. That and a certain brunette at your elbow!? He smiled at her remark. Catherine continued, ?I would give my right eye to know if you two were in love in the beginning or if you fell in love over a corpse.?

Grissom shrugged and gave her an unreadable look.

?Give it up?the whole story.?

Grissom grinned and changed the subject as David Hodges appeared.