Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: CSI RETURNS!!!  (Read 5646 times)

Offline sarapals

• He's still wearing this shirt--2013!
    • View Profile
CSI RETURNS!!!
« on: April 01, 2021, 11:18:04 AM »
Even if Grissom and Sara appear for 30 minutes, I'm excited to see them on screen again!

And now--I'll share another bit of news: two years ago, Petersen's wife joined a CSI fan page I have on Facebook. She liked a lot of photos and occasionally posted a comment. One day she asked the source for some of the photos I'd posted--I told her. After that contact, I would ask a question (simple stuff) and she'd answer--she was home-schooling their kids, Petersen was working on a Zoom play, their kids were taking piano lessons online. Last year, she sent a message that a reboot of CSI was in the works--and several times during the past year, she's sent similar messages about this reboot project.

And yesterday, she sent a short message "It's happening" several hours before the official announcement came out. She said 'we are excited--it won't be the original but it looks like a great series'.
So--if Gina is onboard with this reboot, I think Petersen is ready for it.

Here's a recent glimpse of Petersen at the 40.00 mark!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlC4_Pvj1HE

"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: CSI RETURNS!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 01:17:18 PM »
Great news indeed!  All of them being a number of years older, it would be impossible to do the original series but this sounds very promising.  Just hope they can get most of the original cast to be part of it.
Live well; laugh often; love much

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 10:05:16 AM »
Article on MSN Entertainment this morning about the return of CSI.  Stars WP and GF plus David Langham as Hodges.  Those seem to be the only original stars returning; listed several other actors some of you probably know - I never heard of them but that's not unusual as I don't know anyone under 80 these days. Glad we kept the Board and looking forward to starting some good discussions again.

Offline Hooleo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 11:25:23 AM »
I am so excited about this.  Has anyone seen a tentative date when it will be aired?  oldfanatic, I'm with you.  I saw those names and went hmmm, wonder who they are.  ;D  I just hope they are adult actors and not the 20-something.  I guess I've just gotten too old (74 now) to appreciate the really young actors.  However, I will be glued to the set as soon as it starts.  WooHoo!  CSI Vegas.  Yeah, baby! :) :D ;D
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; the pessimist fears this is true. (James Cabell, "The Silver Stallion")

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 04:15:53 PM »
Watched The Finale this afternoon (after a very long time) and had a number of remarks to make most of which I've forgotten because for some unknown reason I've had a hard time accessing the Board.  Anyway, remember when Catherine was talking to Russell as he packed up to leave, she said she missed her daughter and Las Vegas in general and would like to have the directors position if Sara didn't want it.  Would Sara or Grissom be the director in the new show or would Catherine be able to take it even with them returning?  Since I'd like to see as much of the original cast as possible come back I'd like to see her take that and they be sort of senior advisors or something.  I'd forgotten about Lady Heather but hope her appearance was the way of getting rid of her altogether.  Can't see any need at all for her to return.  Or that  young blonde whose name I can't remember.  Hope Sara and Grissom remarry and live happily ever after - no more angst there, just happy to be living and working together again.  Didn't much care for the girl who played Lindsey.  Wonder if Dakota Fanning would be available and whether as a grown up she would fit in.  Just a thought.  We know Langham will be back but has anyone heard anything about the others?  Or when the show will start airing again?  These days I feel that I don't have a lot of time for patience.

Offline Hooleo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 11:08:59 AM »
I think I saw somewhere that Marg had signed on to do a different show.  Can't remember the name of it of course!  So, unless she takes vacation from her new show, I don't think we'll see Catherine. I am still really excited about this.  Someone has been posting photos of Jorja in Las Vegas so it's starting to feel real!!
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; the pessimist fears this is true. (James Cabell, "The Silver Stallion")

Offline sarapals

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2021, 08:20:56 PM »
We have a promo:  https://www.cbs.com/shows/csi-vegas/video/UWz2hsuGkVdKkneoFO3rt3iXFcoOYaMH/csi-vegas-teaser/

And additional comments from Jorja--appears she has returned to work and perhaps Brass is involved! No Petersen in the filming scenes for this promo --I think he will show up for a few minutes for 2-3 episodes. It does look like the new show will go to full length series (That means 16-18 episodes now!)

From Jorja: “Sara is coming from the great wide open, the land of the unknown,” Fox teases. “She gets a phone call from a friend who is in trouble, a friend that the audience may recognize and love a lot, and next thing you know she finds herself at the lab and she meets this new dynamic, compelling, intriguing force of criminalists that are on the front lines of fighting crime in Vegas.” https://www.bluemountaineagle.com/life/entertainment/csi-vegas-brings-back-familiar-faces-to-save-the-crime-lab-video/article_98e31615-09e4-58b0-9f22-b606250310e1.html?fbclid=IwAR2HHLw6JoI5kEznmNkoMTDZI8YdUWX0uMhtyWbbwO9GNDfgyDoOV8PiBtE

"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2021, 06:19:48 PM »
That's quite a clip showing some scenes from what I gather will be the first episode.  Sorry to read Paul Guilfoyle will only guest star on two episodes.  Hope he changes his mind once it gets going and gets an itch to return.  Both Fox and Petersen sound very enthusiastic about bringing the show back - basically the same and hope the younger new cast members live up to the original stars.

Offline Hooleo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2021, 09:34:28 AM »
I have to say I'm getting more excited every day!  I really can't wait.  I like that black woman who is, I think, head of the group.  I've seen her in a few things and she is good.  Don't know anything about the other newbies.  CSI Vegas!  Yeah, baby!!! :D

Offline sarapals

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2021, 01:30:01 PM »
another photo and bit of info from here:  Not only is Petersen wearing a cap--he's got a ring on his finger! He and Jorja looking good!

https://www.tvinsider.com/1001781/fall-2021-tv-preview-law-order-for-the-defense-csi-vegas-ncis-hawaii-fbi-international/amp/?fbclid=IwAR1UcakxXdHon3MXntP6zP900LlgYQL99HfQ8sv4fhnW5j5hexTlfeBqleE

Offline Hooleo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2021, 04:16:23 PM »
You have better vision than me!  I can't see a ring.

Offline sarapals

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2021, 08:18:03 PM »
The working title is "Honeymoon in Vegas"--and that can change!

Offline sarapals

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2021, 08:20:09 PM »
You have better vision than me!  I can't see a ring.

Enlarge the photo, crop it around Grissom's hand--a ring is on his finger. It's funny that Jorja has managed to hide her hand in all the photos--but the gold glint is on Petersen's finger.

Offline sarapals

• View Profile

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2021, 09:44:22 AM »
Glad to see Paul Guilfoyle is also one of the returning cast.  Any word on George or Greg yet?  They are also essential parts of the original cast.  Hope they can be cast in some way - meaning as their original characters of course.