Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Safety report  (Read 4436 times)

Offline Hooleo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Safety report
« on: September 17, 2020, 12:24:05 PM »
Sarapals survived Sally. She posted pictures on Facebook - trees uprooted, no electricity, but she's okay. Dy is out in Washington but she posted on FB and seemed to be okay but the road she needed to get home was blocked by fire so she was going to have to take the long road home.

So sorry our Rats are having to go through this!
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; the pessimist fears this is true. (James Cabell, "The Silver Stallion")

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Safety report
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 02:18:28 PM »
Between the fires and the hurricanes, it seems we have a lot of friends to worry about and be thankful when we hear they are okay.  Dy, Sarapals, glad to hear you have survived the devastation.  And to everyone, stay safe!!
Live well; laugh often; love much

Offline sarapals

• He's still wearing this shirt--2013!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 01:08:11 AM »
We are fine and recovering down on the gulf coast! A bit of wind, water, and no power for 5 days is about the most normal thing to happen in 2020!!
I'm still hoping for a CSI reunion celebrating 20 years since the first season-- if wishes could make it happen...we'd be watching a new CSI already!!

Take care, everyone! Wear your mask! Stay out of crowds-- we'll beat COVID-19 too!
"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)

Offline sarapals

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 02:37:21 PM »
Hope everyone is staying healthy!!
"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)

Offline Hooleo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 02:59:11 PM »
I'm definitely staying safe.  Starting to feel like a hermit - never go out for anything. 
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; the pessimist fears this is true. (James Cabell, "The Silver Stallion")

Offline sarapals

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 01:52:23 PM »
COVID vaccines are getting out to people-- get yours! My grandmother got hers and said she's been vaccinated so many times for so many things, this one was barely a mosquito bite!

As a healthcare worker, I got one the week before Christmas, so far--have not sprouted feathers or become more lizard like! (Remember the lizard episode on CSI-- Leapin' Lizards? When all the politicians shape-shifted into lizards?-- Isn't it wonderful we can still make references to CSI that are relevant today! LOL!)

Offline sarapals

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 07:31:20 PM »
Hope everyone is getting vaccinated-- the 2nd one is more likely to cause flu-like symptoms which leave as quickly as it arrives.

Has anyone heard from the dear old Professor lately?