Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: A Few Days with the Grissoms  (Read 41655 times)

Butterfly114

Re: A Few Days with the Grissoms
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 01:50:34 PM »
I was worried about Bizzy, glad Sara found her.
Look forward to the next update.

trishj

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 07:18:23 PM »
Glad Bizzy was alright.  Not being able to find a child is so scary - been there done that   :o

Offline sarapals

• He's still wearing this shirt--2013!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 10:46:21 PM »
The child?s dark hair covered her face and Sara brushed curls back as she knelt to pick her up. Bizzy?s lips were blue?bright blue.

?Sweetie, why are you out of bed?? Sara held the child as she gradually woke up. Sara noticed the same blue color on her fingertips. Bizzy blinked her eyes and crawled into her mother?s arms. ?Everyone is outside; are you ready to play?? Sara?s hand combed through curls. A lump in the dark hair caused her to stop. ?What?s this??

Suddenly, a sob came from her daughter. Sara?s fingers explored the hair surrounding a lump of blue.

?I chewed all my gum.? Between sobs and hiccups, tears ran down Bizzy?s face.

?And some of it got in your hair, didn?t it.?

The little girl nodded. ?It won?t come out.? The downward turn of the child?s mouth was one of genetic familiarity.

Sara?s relief at finding the child was so intense that she almost laughed. ?We can get it out.? Her daughter?s words explained the tangled knot. ?Why were you behind the door??

The child sniffles stopped for a few seconds as some thought process was occurring. ?Didn?t want you to see it,? she mumbled.

Sara hugged her close. ?Oh, Sweetie, it?s only gum?we can get it out.? She kissed Bizzy?s forehead. ?Let?s go outside with the others. We?ll put a flower in your hair.?

Little fingers wiped tears from her eyes and cheeks. ?Mommy, can I get more gum??

Sara could laugh now. ?I am sure you can get more gum.? She fingered the knot. Scissors would solve this problem. She hugged her daughter again, longer, tighter, until the child wiggled from her arms, happy again.

Bizzy got the flower circle her father had made; it was fragile and lopsided but no one cared as the children found a dozen ways to play, including climbing over their parents and sharing a tent made from an old sheet and two chairs. Grissom disappeared and returned with dinner and the sheet became their tablecloth as the family ate outside, sitting on the patio. This was a holiday?a special time when they got to eat food prepared by someone else and got to tumble around on the patio as they ate and their parents watched and laughed.

Two more days spent at the beach melted into sun blushed faces, minnows in paper cups, tiny shells picked up and handled as delicate treasures, and sand covered bodies. Gum was cut from hair. Zinc covered freckled noses and shoulders and by sundown each day, four little children were almost asleep by the time they ate their dinner.

Sara and Gil sat on the small deck in the dark. ?I love the ocean?I love the beach,? Sara said as she reclined in a padded chair.

?We?ll come back.? A chuckled came from Grissom. ?It is fun to watch the kids discover new things. I never thought about this?would not have believed I could spend hours being amazed by picking up shells and catching minnows.?

Sara?s quiet laughter in his ear made him realize she was thinking of adult activities instead of child?s play. She whispered, ?Let?s go to bed?it?s quiet, kids are asleep. I think I know something we can do that?s almost as much fun,? her voice sultry and passion edged.

They moved inside, checking doors and windows, covering children with blankets. Grissom opened one window and breathed in the ocean air, the smell of flowers; he felt Sara?s arms circle his chest. He turned.

They needed no words. Gently, he took her face, closing his eyes, kissing her cheek. He felt her hand on his hair. He loved the long, slender fingers and how she would wrap the curls of his hair around her fingertips. He brought her hand to his lips.

?I love you, Sara.? His hands moved across her face, down her neck. ?Have you ever noticed how each part of you blends and rhymes?the same shape, slender neck, your arms, long legs. You are beautiful.? He saw her smile, her teeth reflecting moonlight.

He kissed her again and she returned with searching lips until her head rested against his shoulder. He smelled the delicious scent of her hair, her skin. He knew this woman loved him. She took his hand and, soundlessly, they walked across the room to the bed. He let Sara draw him to her, her caressing hands pulling them closer together. Neither words nor thoughts were needed as they stretched across the bed. He knew the simple, healthy beauty of her body, felt it grow warm and filled with desire. His own body responded as passion turned to fire and flowed through him. He followed delicate shadows with eyes and lips, felt Sara?s body tremble when he rolled above her, and he reached for bedcovers and wrapped them in a cocoon of whiteness.

?You are cold,? he whispered.

Softly, her words were in his ear. ?I?m not cold. I have you.? She moved her hips to meet his. He never tired of this?the way her body fit into his, two well formed pieces of a puzzle. Every fiber of his body responded to her. An intake of air, a press of fingertips on his shoulder, told him she was reaching that moment of feminine explosion. His head dropped against her neck as his body lifted and plunged as he fell into that whirlpool of warm, inviting waves; his strength evaporated and he knew this woman had been made for him.

Thanks for reading; big weekend, so next one may be Sunday.
"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 11:04:33 PM »
Great chapter!

Have fun and looking forward to the next chapter.

Billyjorja

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2009, 07:11:53 AM »
Great chapter as usual.  Have a good weekend.

Trish

Butterfly114

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2009, 07:56:00 AM »
Beautifully written chapter, always look forward to the next.

Enjoy your weekend!

trishj

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2009, 09:19:15 AM »
Fantastic story as always.  I love the way you can express the intimate part of their relationship.  Look fordward to next update.

Offline sarapals

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2009, 10:56:41 AM »
They returned home the next day, exhausted yet rested, welcomed by a lonesome Hank who had remained with the women at the neighboring farm. Eli lined seashells along a window, Sara trimmed Bizzy?s hair to hide the missing curls lost to gum, and Ava and Annie followed Grissom as he unloaded the van. They giggled when he poured sand into their hands from a shoe and when he found a wilted and tattered wreath of flowers, both looked puzzled by its appearance.

Sara found them later, sitting in grass as he tied and twisted flowers together for a new wreath to wear in their hair. She smiled at his sheepish look?he had stopped unloading to make two circlets of flowers. The girls danced and twirled around them falling down from dizziness.

Annie reached for a flower in her dad?s hand. ?Purple,? she said as she held it out to her mother. Sara smiled?her little girl had not only remembered the word, but said it. Grissom grinned; he knew Sara worried about their smallest daughter.

A week later, Sara handed him a slim pencil shaped object. ?I can?t look,? she said.

Grissom put down the paper he was reading, waving a hand for her to come to him. He took her hand. ?Sit with me, Sara.? From the sofa, he could see Eli playing with small trucks and cars using books and magazines for imagined streets. The three girls were across the room chattering as they played with a m?nage of toys dumped from a basket. He took the white stick and tossed it to his desk.

?You won?t look at it?? She frowned.

He wrapped his arm around her. ?No.?

?I may be.?

Grissom kissed her mouth. ?Your daughter gives me that same look.?

She laughed knowing he was right.

?Call your doctor. Get lab work done. Don?t wait,? he said as Sara relaxed against his chest. ?Honey, don?t obsess over this. Look at these four?could life get any better?? One of the curly blonde heads turned in their direction. When she saw both parents together, she ran to them. Within minutes all four children were on the sofa, giggling, crawling over each other in tumbling play?

?Sara?s hand searched the bed for a warm body. She knew the reading light was on without opening her eyes because of the low hum she heard.

?Where are you?? She opened one eye.

?Here,? her husband said as he closed the book and removed his glasses.

She slept all the time?going to bed when her children did, sleeping late every morning. She was pregnant.

?What time is it?? She asked.

?Only ten.? He chuckled. ?You?ve had a two hour nap.?

?I?m hungry.?

He grinned. Not only did she sleep with pregnancy, she ate. The thinness was gone and graceful curves developed. He loved her curves. ?I?ll get you something?yogurt??

By now she was fully awake and scooted across the middle of the bed. ?Let?s do something else.? She tugged him down to meet her.

This was another part of her he loved. Sleepy, hungry, and?he thought of a slang word??Pregnancy makes you sleep, eat, and want me.? He slipped beside her burying his head against her long neck, smelling her fragrance. ?I love this.?

Sara giggled. ?It?s the hormones.? She laughed?a deep delightful sound of genuine glee. ?That?s a lie. I?ve wanted you from the first moment my eyes saw you. I knew then you were the one man I would love the rest of my life.?

?Are you certain?? His hands roamed underneath the short shirt she wore.

?Mmmm?positive. One look at you and I knew.? Her fingertips traced his jaw, moved lightly across his lips.

Grissom laugh, the sound low and husky, warmed by happiness. He rolled to his back and brought her to his chest. She framed his face with her hands and kissed him, deeply, bringing a groan from his lungs. His hands moved along her back, tracing along her hip to her thighs.

She kissed his chin, the depression at his throat, tasting him as she moved to his chest. She sought pleasure from him, knowing what he needed, what he wanted. She felt his fingers clench her hair as another groan mumbled from his chest.

?Enough,? he whispered, pulling her upward. He caressed her in those intimate areas only a lover knows, watching her face.

When she thought she was diving into an explosion of desire, he clamped hands around her, rolled and was inside her. She heard her own sound as waves of pleasure cascaded through her body. Long moments passed before either could summon up a coherent thought.

She used her lips and teeth to tease him from a drowsy contented state. ?Yogurt, please. Maybe some nuts and those crackers you brought home.?
"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)

trishj

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2009, 11:44:01 AM »
Great update as always.  your story's are so well done.  Maybe a boy for Gil this time?  I know he has Eli but ......

sixtyplus

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2009, 12:54:55 PM »
Hi girls have only just caught this story up and as usual its great ,more of it when you can please :) ;D

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2009, 04:14:07 PM »
Great chapter!

Hope they have a boy this time.

Butterfly114

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2009, 08:58:18 PM »
I love how she goes from loving Grissom to wanting something to eat.
A boy would be nice, but as long as Sara and baby are healthy that is what counts.
Great update, look forward to the next one.

Billyjorja

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2009, 05:25:58 AM »
Lovely update.

The family is growing.

Trish

Offline sarapals

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2009, 08:15:12 AM »
?Seven months pregnant and Sara looked as if she had swallowed a round ball. Her housekeeper came every day now. Sara knew this would be her last pregnancy; fatigue and her biological clock had sapped her energy and strength. She would have Grissom?s son?this little boy would be the image of his father. Grissom laughed at her steadfast insistence that their son would look like him; she pointed to the two little girls who resembled him and smirked. She had known from the first week that she would have a boy?calling him Gilbert from her first test.

When all the testing was completed and showed a healthy male baby, she did not hide her delight. Her four children?s excitement about another brother mirrored her own. Her husband would pretend to be unruffled by this event, but she knew he was as pleased?except when she called the baby Gilbert.

?Not Gilbert.? He was adamant.

Eli was sitting at the desk with him when he repeated this remark. ?Can we name him after me?? He asked.

Sara smiled as she asked, ?What would we call him? We can?t have two Eli?s.?

The boy put his chin in his palm. ?I like William. We can call him Will Grissom.?

Sara looked at Grissom. He looked at her. He said, ?William Grissom. That?s a good name, Eli.?

Sara wrote the name on a piece of paper. She added a middle name and passed it to Grissom. ?Eli,? she said, ?I think you?ve just named your brother.? She patted her belly. ?Will Grissom?I like that.?

A week later, her routine check-up disrupted life as it had been. Sara watched the monitor as the technician, the physician, and a nurse studied the image.

The doctor?s finger traced an area on the screen. ?Sara, your baby is fine, but there is a problem.? Her finger circled an area. ?This is your placenta and it has attached to the wall of your uterus in an abnormal way?it?s called placenta accreta.? The physician had delivered her three other children. ?Baby Grissom is fine, but it means bed rest for mom.?

?Bed rest? What does that mean? I?ve never heard of accreta.?

The doctor turned back to the screen, showing and explaining to her the excessive growth into the uterus by the placenta. ?It has invaded the first layer of the uterus?hopefully, that?s where it will stop. The worst event would be pre-mature delivery, and an unplanned C-section with a hysterectomy. We will plan?manage conservatively; put you to bed, keep the baby growing.?

Tears had formed in Sara?s eyes, pooled and ran down her face. The nurse passed tissues to her.

?This is something that is unusual, but it can be treated once diagnosed?we know what to do and it?s not a surprise at delivery.? The doctor explained. ?Did your husband come with you??

Sara shook her head.

?Let?s get you dressed and we?ll go over what you need to do. Do you still have help at home??

Sara nodded. She seemed unable to speak.

The physician asked, ?The girls are well? I saw the twins one day with their father. Are they as sweet as they look??

Sara nodded again. ?Bed rest. Will it be for another two months??

?Get dressed. We will talk?you can call your husband so he can hear about this at the same time.?

Sara got home in a daze. Grissom met her as she got out of the car.

?Four hours a day, Gil. I can be out of bed for four hours,? she said as tears filled her eyes. She handed him a packet of papers as he embraced her.

?Don?t cry?everything will be fine.? He chuckled. ?You?ve been sleeping more than you?ve ever slept. We?ll get through this?time will fly by.?

Days slowed to a snail?s pace with an occasional breakout into chaos; shoes on the wrong person, a missing toy, hair clips lost, favorite pajamas left in the washing machine at bedtime.  By the third day, everyone in the house was short-tempered or irritable or cranky. Lilly, the normally patient housekeeper, realized there was too much work for one person. Eli responded to his mother?s bed ridden state by camping at the foot of her bed, grumbling when his sisters wanted to join him. Bizzy followed her dad so closely he stumbled over her more than once as he tried to get things done. Ava and Annie were confused; their mother could not pick them up, she stayed in bed nearly all day and their solution to this situation was to cry.

Grissom stifled a growing sense of panic. Sara was the household organizer, the financial planner, the family manager. For three days, he and the housekeeper held things together?sort of. The children were dressed, bathed, and fed.  He had forgotten about a group coming to look at his beehives until they arrived just after Lilly had gone for groceries and the toast he left in the oven burned and set off the smoke alarm.

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2009, 08:27:15 AM »
Great chapter!

I feel so bad for Sara and the others , but they will make it through this tough time.