Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: All In Good Time  (Read 34477 times)

Billyjorja

Re: All In Good Time
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2009, 05:50:38 AM »
Love this story.   Love how Greg is being sensible.  Love the wedding.  In fact just love it.

GSRLOVER34 - I had a lovely dream last night, guess what you were nowhere to be seen!!!!!!

Trish

trishj

All In Good Time
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2009, 10:01:54 AM »
Chapter 12

Six months after the wedding finds Greg and Lilly still together. 
She has spoken with Sara several times about Greg and how much she is starting to care for him. 
?He is not pushy,? Lilly said on day as they were eating lunch together. 
?He is taking everything slow, maybe a little to slow if you  know what I mean,? she said blushing a little. 
Sara smiled, ?Well I guess that is my fault.  I sorta filled him in on what you had been through.? 
?Oh!? Lilly says smiling, that explains a lot.?  They both laughed.
 ?So how do I tell him I am ready for the next step?? Lilly asked, ?I can?t just walk up to him and say ?Hey, you want to sleep with me???   
?You are a resourceful lady,? Sara said, ?Figure it out.? 
They were still laughing and talking when Greg came in. 
He smiled at Lilly then to Sara he said, ?Boss man says for you to waddle over to his office, it is time for you to go see the doc.? 
?WADDLE!? Sara said, ?Did he say waddle?  I know I am as big as a whale but?..? She was so angry her face was turning red.
 Greg laughed, ?No he did not say ?waddle?, Nick did.? 
Sara stormed - well as much as a pregnant lady can storm anyway - over to Gil?s office.  Lilly looked at Greg, ?I was thinking that maybe we can have dinner tonight, at my place.? 
?Would love to,? Greg said, ?Want me to bring anything??  ?A bottle of wine would be nice, your choice,? Lilly said as she walked away. 
After dinner they sat on the couch watching a movie.  Lilly lay her head on Greg?s shoulder, she lay her hand on his thigh with each kiss she moved it a little closer to his crouch. 
Greg touched her hand, ?Are you sure??  She did not answer, she let her kiss answer for her.  They never did finish watching the movie. 
Sara was thrilled that she was having Gil?s baby, she never told him but right after he proposed she stopped taking her pills. 
She found out she was pregnant shortly after their trip to the ocean. 
She was right around three months from her due date.  The doctor has told her to stay  out of the field so she has been confined to the lab. 
They were in the exam room, the doctor had finished and said all was well with mother and child.
 ?We have tried three times to see the gender,? the doctor said, ?But this stubborn little one will not turn.  Let?s try again, I want to make some measurements anyway.? 
Sara shivered as the jel was placed on her belly.  The doctor finished what he needed to do then he moved down to the genital area. 
?All right you,? he said.  ?Come on bug,? Sara said, ?Daddy is here this time and he wants to know how to finish your room.? 
Just as if the baby knew what Sara was saying it turned, there was not a doubt.  ?You are having a son,? the doctor said. 
Sara smiled, Gil looked a little disappointed. 
?What?s wrong hon?? Sara asked. 
?I was kind of hoping for a little girl,? he said. 
?Brothers should be born first,? Sara said, ?That way they can protect their younger sister.?
  Gil had never thought about a second child, he looked at Sara with a look of surprise on his face. 
?We don?t want him to grow up alone do we?? she asked.  Gil smiled, ?I guess not.? 
At the lab that night Sara was showing the sonogram pictures the the gang. 
?Dose he have a name?? Warrick asked.  ?Grasshopper,? Gil said.  Sara hit him. 
?We are naming him Daniel Robert,? she said.  ?Daniel after my father and Robert after Gil?s.? 
Three months later Daniel Robert Grissom made his appearance.
 Sara had just finished nursing him when the team came in to meet the newest member.  Catherine was fussing over Daniel when Nick said, ?You have to feel sorry for the boy, he looks just like his father.?  ?Except for his hair and  those deep brown eyes,? Catherine said, ?he sure dose.?    ?And I can?t be happier,? Sara said smiling at her son.                                                                                                                                                         

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2009, 10:27:36 AM »
Great chapter!

Great name for their son.

billyjorja - Of course I wasn't there, I was to busy in my own dream!!  ;) :-* :D :P

Billyjorja

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2009, 05:24:56 AM »
Baby a mix of Gil and Sara, he will grow up very handsome.

GSRLOVER34 - Gil must be getting loads of airmiles flying back and forth to be in our dreams.

trishj

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2009, 10:10:32 AM »
Chapter 13

Lilly and Greg?s relationship continued to bloom, three months after Daniel was born they announced their engagement.
  The gang once again gathered in the wedding chapel of the Bellagio for a wedding.
  Sara stood with Lilly just as she had with her.  Greg asked Gil to stand with him.  As they were getting ready Greg confessed that he had never been so nervous.
  ?I am so afraid I will screw things up,? Greg said to Gil.
  ?Love her with all your being,? Gil told him, ?Listen to what she has to say, don?t try to be the boss - they are often smarter then we are,  talk out your problems, and remember, you are not always right neither is she.?
   The wedding was beautiful and Sara was sure she had never seen a more nervous couple.
  Daniel had his mother?s eyes and hair but he was his father, his first word was ?bug.?
  A month after Daniel?s second birthday Sara gave birth to their second child, another son, they named him Ryan James.
  Sara had some complications with his birth and her doctor suggested she not have anymore.
  Sara saw the look in her husbands face, she knew he wanted a little girl.
  Gil had left for work and Daniel was looking at a bug book his dad gave him, Sara was nursing Ryan.
  Daniel walked up to Sara and stood looking at her, ?Whatya doing?? he asked.
  ?Feeding Ryan,? she said.  ?OH,? he said.  ?Did you feed me that way?? he asked.  ?Yes,? she told him.  ?OH,? he said.
  He stood there a little longer watching her.  ?Can I sit with you?? he asked.  ?Of course,? she told him.
  Daniel picked up his book and sat next to his mother.
  ?Can I read Ryan a story?? he asked.  ?I think he would like that,? his mother said.
 Daniel ?read? his favorite book to his baby brother.
  After Sara put Ryan to bed Daniel said to her, ?I guess that is why girls are better then boys.?
 Sara lifted him and sat him in a chair.
 ?What makes you think girls are better then boy?s? she asked her son as she fixed his lunch.
 ?Boys have to use bottles to feed baby?s like Uncle Nick feeds Anna Bell.  Girls like you and Aunt Sophia don?t need to you can use your - he looked at the floor and whispered - you knows.?  Sara smiled.
  Sara had decided that Gil would have his daughter.
 She normally did not make decisions with out talking to him but she already knew what he would say.  He would side with the doctor and say NO.
  After Ryan?s first birthday she stopped taking her pills.
 Six months later she sat on the porch looking at the big blue plus sign on her EPT.
  She heard laughter coming up the drive way.  Gil and Daniel had been hunting tadpoles and Ryan decided to tag along.
 She smiled as the blond haired blue eyed boy let go of his fathers hand and ran in front of them.  Two perfect copies of her beloved husband.
  ?Mommy, I got baby frogs,? he yelled running to her with a jar in his hand.
 Sara slipped the EPT into her pocket, ?What are you going to do with them?? she asked looking at the jar.
 By this time Daniel and Gil caught up, ?We are going to raise them then let them go,? Daniel said. 
 Sara kissed Gil, ?I don?t know about you three.  That back porch already looks like your lab.?  Gil kissed her cheek, ?You think?? 
Sara nodded, there was an ant farm three volcano's along with several other science projects. 
Sara told the boys to wash up for lunch.
 ?I got a phone call while you were gone,? she said.  Gil looked at her, ?The test results are in, Daniel is capable of doing 2nd grade level work.? 
?But he is just in kindergarten,? he said.  ?I know,? she said smiling, ?Our little man is very smart.  But I knew he would be, after all, look at who his father is.?
 ?They want to advance him,? she said.  ?What did you tell them?? he asked. 
?I would have to talk to you,? she said, ?But I think not.  I think it is more important he be just a little boy.?
 ?My thoughts exactly,? Gil told her.
 ?Can we eat on the porch?? Ryan asked. 
Gil thought it a good idea so they gathered their sandwiches and fruit and drink and took then outside. 
Daniel had gone back inside for more juice when he came out he said, ?Daddy, I found this on the floor.  What is it?? 
He handed Gil the EPT stick.  Gil looked at it then at Sara, ?Something Momma and I need to talk about.?                                                                                     

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2009, 10:25:19 AM »
Great chapter! Sara has some explaining to do.

billyjorja - He probably is, but his flying time is about over, he will be staying with me for awhile.  ;) :D :P

Billyjorja

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2009, 09:10:15 AM »
Oh kids, don't you just love their little ways.

GSRLOVER34 - Oh no he isn't!!!!!!!!!!!!

trishj

All In Good Time
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2009, 11:41:46 AM »
Chapter 14

Daniel looked at his father, he knew that look.
  It was a ?someone is in trouble? look, he was just glad it was not him.
  ?Come on Ryan,? he said taking his brothers hand, ?Let?s go play so Momma and Daddy can talk.?
  Gil looked at Sara, ?What is this?? he asked.  ?Surprise?? she said smiling at him.  Normally the smile would work, but not this time.
  ?You know the doctor said not to have anymore children,? he said.
  ?He did not,? Sara said, ?he only suggested I not have anymore.?
 ?So you took it upon yourself to do this?? he said.
  ?Come on, Gil,? she said still trying to lighten the mood, ?You know I could not have done it alone.?
 ?Why?  Why would you jeopardize you health.  We have two beautiful boys.?
  She took his hand, ?Because my husband wants a daughter.?
  Gil?s heart melt, ?Yes I do.  But not at the expense of your health.  Anyway, what makes you so sure we are going to have a girl??
  Sara looked at him, ?Please.  Just this one time more.  And if I have the same problems I had with Ryan I promise to stop.?
  Gil tenderly kissed her.  ?Promise??
  ?Promise,? she said.  ?Anyway, it is to late to do anything about it now.?
  She quickly headed off to check on the boys.  Gil shook his head, she was right.  Gil fallowed her outside, he called Daniel.
 ?The thing you found is a test,? Gil told his son.
  ?What kind of test?? he asked. 
?One that tells a lady if she is going to have a baby,? was Gil?s reply.
 ?Did Momma pass?  I seen the plus sign,? Daniel wanted to know.
 ?Yes.  Your mother is going to have another baby.?
 ?Yeah,? Ryan said, ?A baby brother.?  ?Or sister,? Sara said. 
Ryan and Daniel looked at each other, they never thought about a sister.  ?Maybe,? Daniel said.
 ?I want you to make an appointment as soon as possible,? Gil told her. 
?One step ahead of you every once in a while,? she said smiling.  ?I made one as soon as I found out the results of the test.?
 The next day Sara sat in the exam room.  ?Everything seems all right so far,? the doctor told her. 
?But because of what happened the last time I want to see you every two weeks.?  ?Here is a list of DO?s and DON?T?s.?
 Sara eyes lit up when she seen the thing she was looking for on the DO side.
   Dr. Mills smiled, he knew what she was looking for.  ?As long as it causes you no pain.?
  ?Can I have that in writing?? she asked.  A look of confusion came across his face.
  ?Gil will never believe me.?  He chuckled as he handed her a piece of paper.
  At the receptionist desk Sara seen Lilly.  ?How is every thing?? she asked.
  ?Growing,? Lilly said touching her belly.  ?Any day now,? she said, ?Greg is walking around on pins and needles.?  ?Keep in touch,? Sara said hugging Lilly.
 Later that night with children tucked in bed Gil went to their room.
 Sara was standing by the bed with nothing on but his shirt, and it was unbuttoned.
 ?You were looking for this eariler?? she said smiling.
  ?I was" he said pulling her to him  and kissing her.
  ?Then you are going to have to take it off,? she said kissing him.
  Gil pulled away.  ?But?? Sara smiled and reached in the pocket. 
?Doc said it was alright,? she said. 
?Really?? he said reading the paper. 
?Well under those circumstances,?  he said as his hands slid the shirt to the floor.

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2009, 11:52:06 AM »
Great chapter!

I knew Grissom couldn't stay mad at Sara for to long.

billyjorja - This is not up for discussion, he is staying with me and that is final!  :D

Billyjorja

« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2009, 05:24:51 AM »
Love Daniel "Did Momma pass, I saw a plus sign" statement - classic.

GSRLOVER34 - You and me are heading for a falling out!!!!!!!

trishj

All In Good Time
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2009, 09:48:13 AM »
Chapter 15

Sara lay nestled in Gil?s arms, she loved the way she felt after they made love.  The heat from their bodies, the smell in the air, it always made her feel good.
  Gil had his eyes closed, Sara assumed he was asleep, he was not.
 He was worried, worried about her having this baby.  He had almost lost her when she delivered Ryan.
  He did not know what he would do if he did.  He wished she would have talked to him before she made this decision, he chucked to himself.
 He knew why she did not, he would have said NO.
  Sara went to the doctor every two weeks, she was now in month number 6 with no complications.
 Both the boys would laugh as their Momma ?waddled? around the house.
  They would touch her expanding belly and giggle as the baby moved inside her.
  ?Are we having another brother?? Daniel asked.  ?We do not know yet,? Sara said, ?I am going to the doctors today, maybe he can tell us then.?
  Sara had had several sonograms but the baby would not corporate, would not turn so they could see the gender.
  Sara once more lay on the exam table, jel on her belly.  Once more the baby would not corporate.
  ?Everything is fine,? the doctor said.  ?Now I an not sure but I think I saw a scrotum.?
  Sara?s heart fell into the pit of her stomach, another son.
  She put on her best smile, ?As long as the baby is healthy.?
 Gil took her hand, ?It really dose not matter if we have a girl.?  Sara smiled.
 For the next two months each sonogram was the same, nothing positive.  The boys were thrilled about the possibility of a new brother.
  One morning Daniel went to his mother, ?Momma, can I ask you something??  Sara patted the couch next to her - her belly was getting to big for the boys to sit on her lap.
  ?Of course,? she said as he sat.  ?I am in first grade? he said.  ?Yes,? Sara said.
 ?A lot of the other kids are having a hard time but not me.  Is their something wrong with me??
 Sara inhaled deeply.  They had never told him about the test results, about the fact that he was much smarter then other children his age.
  ?There is nothing wrong with you,? she said.  She proceeded to tell him, ?Oh,? he said.  She also told him about her and Gil?s decision not to push him ahead.
  ?But I am board,? he tells her.  ?I finish everything early and have to sit and not do anything.?
 ?Let me talk to Daddy and Miss Cathy,? Sara said.  He kissed her cheek, ?I love you Momma.?
  Sara called Daniels teacher and set up an appointment for the next day.  When Gil got home she told him about what Daniel said and about their appointment.  The next day they meant with Daniels teacher.
  After tossing all the options around they made their decision.  At the house Gil called his son, ?Miss Cathy said that after you finish your work you can be her helper and help some of the others that need it.?
 Daniel smiled, ?Good.  I really did not want to leave my friends.?
 It was near midnight when Gil?s phone rang.  ?Hon,? he said to Sara, ?it is the lab, I need to go.?
 Sara sleepily said ok.  ?I have my phone, call me if you need me.?  He kissed her, dressed and left.
 Daniel came into her room, ?Momma, I can?t sleep.  Can I lay with you??  She said yes and moved over.  Half hour later Ryan joined them.
 Sara smiled as her sons cuddled close to her.  Her two perfect little angles, carbon copies of her loving husband.
 She felt a pain then her water broke.  She tried to move but the pain became worse.  ?Daniel,? she said shaking her older son.  After a couple of tried he opened his eyes. 
?Get the phone and call Daddy,? she said, ?I think the baby is coming.?
 Daniel tried twice before he got him, he told his father what was going on.  Gil told him to call 911 and then said he was on his way.
 ?Daddy is coming,? Daniel said.  ?He told me to call 911 and Uncle Nick,? he said.  Nick, Gil and the ambulance all arrived at the same time.
 Nick and Sophia watched the boys as Gil fallowed the ambulance.
 Sara was admitted straight to OB and her doctor was called.
 Gil was in the waiting room as she was being checked, Catherine came in.  ?How is she??  ?I have not heard,? Gil told her.
 The nurse stuck her head in the waiting room, ?Mr. Grissom, you can come back now.? 
 Sara smiled at him as he came in the room.  He stood next to her as labor progressed.
 ?The baby is crowning,? the doctor said, ?One more good push and he should be here.?  The contraction hit, Sara pushed and the baby was delivered.
 Sara smiled as she heard the cries of her newborn child. 
Neither the doctor or Gil, who had moved from her side to the doctors side to cut the cord, had said anything. 
?Is he alright?? Sara asked.  Gil took the child, ?I think we need to rethink Ashton James,? he said as he handed her her daughter.  The doctor smiled, ?I said I was not sure.?  Tears filled her eyes, ?Our daughter,? she said smiling at Gil.
                            Wrapping things up.
Gil and Sara named their little girl Sara Elizabeth, her brothers decided she was cute, even if she was a girl.  Lilly and Greg had a little boy the day after Sara Beth was born, they named him Jeffery Allen.  Gil was holding his daughter, Sara sat on the porch next to him, Daniel and Ryan were playing with Hank.  Gil looked at the sleeping child, she looked just like her mother.  The boys came running up to their parents, Ryan sat on Sara?s lap and Daniel stood next to his dad.  ?Now our family is complete,? he said to Sara.  Sara smiled.  ?Yes, it is.? 

I want to thank all of you who read this story and left commints.  I have decided to add a few more chapters to LIFE IS FUNNY, I hope you all read and enjoy that one also.               

« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 10:27:25 AM by trishj »

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2009, 02:32:24 PM »
Great story!

Glad that Sara and Grissom got their little girl.

billyjorja - Only if I get time away from MY Grissom!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 03:11:03 PM by GSRLOVER34 »

Billyjorja

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2009, 05:30:33 AM »
That was a beautiful story.  Thanks.

GSRLOVER34 - Lets compromise and call him OURS.

Butterfly114

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2009, 10:22:42 AM »
Yes a beautiful story, such a lovely family.

Destiny062

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2009, 08:18:41 PM »
great story, and a great ending with a very happy family.
keep writing...