Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Their Secret  (Read 41449 times)

GSRLOVER34

Re: Their Secret
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2009, 09:54:55 AM »
That was such a sweet chapter! Loved it!  :D

Billyjorja

« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2009, 05:46:05 AM »
I think Gil will always call her BUTTERFLY.

Great chapter.

Trish

trishj

Their Secret
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2009, 09:28:37 AM »
Chapter 26

June came hot to Nevada.  Sara and Catherine were both within a week of delivery.
  They were both in the mall, not because they wanted to shop, but because they wanted to get out of the heat.
  Sara stood and held her back, "I hate having to run to the bathroom every few minutes."
 Catherine laughed, ?I know what you mean."
  From some where off to their left they heard, ?STOP!  STOP! Help me he stool my purse.?
 Sara turned to see an elderly lady screaming and a young man running full speed away from her.
  Sara turned left to get out of his way but she did not move fast enough.
  The young man bumped into her and knocked her down, flat on her tail, he lost his footing and fell.
 He started to stand and Catherine stuck out her foot.
 By this time the security guard caught up with the purse snatcher.
 ?Are you ladies alright?? he asked.
 ?I think so,? Sara said.  ?But I did not make it to the bathroom,? she said a little embarrassed by the puddle she was sitting in.
 Catherine grabbed her phone and called 911 then she called Gil. 
?Sara?s water broke after she fell,? Catherine said.  ?Fell?? Gil said. 
?Meet me at the hospital and I will fill you in,? Catherine told him as she hung up the phone.
 As Sara was being checked out and admitted Catherine filled him in.
 ?She is fine,? Marsha said, ?And if you want to see your daughter being born I suggest you fallow me.?
  Later that evening Marsha handed Gil his daughter.
 ?You are almost as beautiful as your mother, Butterfly,? he said.
 The next day Joseph Samuel Brown made his appearance.
 He had decided on that name because Joseph was his grandfather and, well Samuel was for Catherine's father.

Christmas Eve   4 years later

Sara was sitting on the front porch of that same cabin they had spent their honeymoon in.
 Two children chased their daddy around in the fresh snow.
 Leia will turn 4 in the summer, she has her daddy's deep blue eyes and long blond ringlets.
 Ryan Lee, just turned 3.  He was his fathers child, right down to the bugs, there was no doubt about it.
 Nicole had found pictures of Gil as a small boy, anyone would think it was Ryan.   Gil had retired and went to full time teaching.
 After Leia was born Sara resigned, she did not want to miss a thing as her children grew.
  They were expecting the Browns and the Stokes to arrive shortly.
 A car pulled up, ?Joey,? Leia yelled running to her friend and hugging him.
 Warrick and Catherine got out fallowed by Nick and Sophia. 
Nick and Sophia had married a year ago, their first child was due next month.
 ?This place is so breathtaking,? Catherine said.
  ?How is Beth?? Sophia asked.
  Gil and Sara received an unexpected anniversary gift last year, another baby girl.  The pregnancy was difficult, it nearly claimed Sara?s life.
 She had been told there would be no more babies, Gil seen the hurt in her eyes.  He tried to comfort her, he wanted to take away her pain.
 She gave him  a half smile and said, ?Well at least there will be no more surprises.? 
  She looked so much like her mother that  Gil chose Sara Elizabeth.  Every one calls her  Beth, except Daddy, he calls her Ladybug.
 ?Sleeping,? Sara said.  Gil came on the porch, ?Shake off that snow first Mr. Grissom,? Sara called from the kitchen.
 He came in the door and put his cold hands under Sara?s shirt.
 ?Gilbert!? she yelled, ?Warm them up.?   ?That is what I am trying to do,? he said smiling and kissing the back of her neck.
  Over the baby monitor they heard  Beth wake from her nap.
 ?I will get her,? Gil said.  ?I think she is his favorite,? Nick said.
  ?He dose not have a favorite,? Sara said, but she knew better.  Gil deeply loved all of his children, but if he were to admit it, she was.  Beth was a perfect carbon copy of his beloved Sara.
  The sun had set, the full moon hit the backyard and sparkled on the snow.
  The children were ready for bed and giving kisses to everyone.  Gil was standing by the large picture window.
  ?Come here,? he called to everyone.  They all went to the window, standing in the back yard they could see a doe and her baby.
 Sara had made pallets on the floor for the children by the fireplace.
  She smiled when Gil reminded of the night they spent in front of that fireplace.  Sophia had a hard time managing the stairs so she and Nick slept on the pullout sofa.
 Warrick and Catherine took the bed in Leia?s room.
  Gil shut the bedroom door, he was laying on the bed when Sara came from the bathroom.
 She slipped off her robe and crawled in next to her husband.
 ?When was the last time I told you I love you?? Gil asked her.
 ?I think it was this morning,? she said.
 Gil propped himself up on his elbow.
  ?This morning?? he said sure he had not said anything.  ?I don?t recall saying anything to you,? he said.
 ?I was busy with children and pancakes.? 
Sara pulled him to her and kissed him, ?Yes.  You got up with the children and fixed them breakfast so I could sleep in.?
  She easily found her comfy spot as sleep found them both

THE END

My thanks to all who read and left commints.  I do appreciate them and you.                               

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2009, 10:02:46 AM »
That was such a great ending! I loved it!

I love their newest anniversary present.  ;) :D

Billyjorja

« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2009, 05:05:28 AM »
Wonderful.  Can't wait for the next one.

Trish

Butterfly114

« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2009, 07:57:22 AM »
What a happy family, enjoyed this story, look forward to the next one.