Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Their Secret  (Read 41559 times)

GSRLOVER34

Re: Their Secret
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2009, 12:08:35 PM »
Great chapter! Sounds like the perfect place for them to get married.

Billyjorja

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2009, 06:07:01 AM »
Fantastic idea for a wedding venue, living plants and butterflies.

Butterfly114

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2009, 06:55:23 AM »
Butterfly Field sounds beautiful, just right for their wedding.

trishj

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2009, 10:40:07 AM »
Chapter 17

Gil?s phone rang it was Nicole, ?I wanted to thank you and Sara for dinner and introducing Paul to Captain Brass.
 ?You are welcome,? Gil said, ?How is the townhouse working out??  ?It is beautiful,? she said, ?We both love it.  Paul was wondering if you wanted to sell it??  Gil said he had not considered it but if he did he would let them know.
 ?Your girlfriend?? Sara said kissing him.  ?She wanted to thank us fro dinner,? he said.  ?She also asked if I would conceder selling the townhouse.? 
 ?Your decision, love,? she said.  ?I love it here and would not want to go back.?
  Gil had started to hand out assignments when Jim stuck his head in the door, ?All hands,? he yelled, ?missing 5 year old girl.?
 Everyone grabbed their kits and fallowed him.
  At the house Gil seen Paul Seymour, he nodded at him.  Gil quickly introduced the rest of the team.
 Paul told them that the girl was dropped off at this address by the mother everyday. 
?The owner of the house baby sits the little girl,? he said.  ?She stopped by to pick the girl up and found the front door kicked open.  She called 911 when she went into the house and seen all the blood.?
 Gil assigned area?s of the house to each of the team members.  Sara was in the kitchen when she thought she heard a noise, she pulled her weapon and fallowed the sound.
 She stopped, she heard it again.  Gil walked up behind her and about scared her when he touched her.  He started to say something and she put her finger to her mouth, she heard the noise again, a definite thump.
 Gil motioned for Paul.
 Whispering her told him what Sara had heard.  Paul stepped in front of Sara and the three of them fallowed the sound.  They found themselves in the washroom, as Sara passed the dryer she heard the thump again.
 Slowly she opened the door.  She found the little girl.  ?Call the paramedics,? Sara said taking the girl out.  The paramedics checked her out, she was fine, they were transporting her to the hospital to have her checked out.
  The girl told them that ?some bad men? kicked open the door.  ?I ran in here and hid,? she said crying, ?but I could not get the door open again.?
  The girl was returned to her mother.  ?She was not able to tell us much,? Jim said.  ?Just that they were ?tall and mean looking?.?
 ?We will have to rely on the evidence,? Gil said.
 ?Sara, you and Nick get this stuff back to the lab and see what you can come up with.  Warrick and I will go with Paul and Jim, there has been an abandoned car that matches the one a neighbor said she seen here.  Catherine, you go to the hospital with the girl and  process her.  See if anything else comes to her after she has had time to calm down.?
 At the car they found more blood and other evidence that Warrick gathered.  Gil was looking around in the trunk when he heard, ?Bomb.?
 He jumped to the side of the road just as the car exploded.  ?You ok?? Paul said.  ?Think so,? Gil said.  ?Better get yourself checked out,? Jim said calling an ambulance.
 Gil was checked out, he only had a few scratches.  ?You are one lucky SOB,? Warrick said. 
Between what was gathered at the house and the car the team was able to locate an abandoned warehouse that was used to make drugs.
 The babysitter was the girlfriend of someone who owed the deals money, they were holding her hostage until he was paid. 
The lady was rescued and the dealers arrested.
 After shift Sara chewed Gil out for not telling her sooner about his encounter with the bomb.
 After her shower Sara lay next to Gil, he gathered her in his arms and she nestled against his chest.  ?I love you,? he whispered.

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2009, 12:31:36 PM »
Great chapter!

Glad that both the little girl and Grissom is ok.

Billyjorja

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2009, 06:47:26 AM »
Great chapter as usual.

trishj

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2009, 08:07:14 AM »
Chapter 18

This time it was Sara?s turn to wake up to an empty bed.  She heard the shower running.  ?You alright?? she asked.
 ?Sure,? he said.  ?Want some company?? she asked.  ?No I am finished,? he said.  She went to the bathroom, the door was locked.
 ?He never locks the door,? she said to herself.  ?Come on I gotta pee,? she said.  Gil opened the door, he was dressed.
 She hurried by him still wondering what was going on.  This was so unlike him.  She went to the bedroom, he was already gone.  She slipped on a robe and went down stairs.
 ?Hon, what?s wrong?? she asked.  ?I said nothing,? he said giving her a peck on the cheek.
 ?Gil, please.  Do not lie to me, I know you all to well,? she said taking his hand.  ?You got up without waking me, you did not wait for me for our morning shower, you locked the bathroom door and you are completely dressed.  Something is wrong.?
  He started to say something then thought better of it.  She was right, she did know him. 
?I did not want you to worry,? he said.  ?Hum,? she said.  ?Well it is to late, I am worried.?  She started the coffee, ?So what is going on?? she asked.
 Gil stood and removed his shirt and turned so his back was to her.  ?Good heavens,? Sara said, ?You look like hell.? 
?Thanks,?  he said half smiling, ?You always said I was sexy.?  ?Not funny, Grissom,? she said.
 ?Do you have anything for it??  ?No, it was not there yesterday when I seen the doc,? he told her.  ?I know what it feels like, what dose it look like?? he asked her.
 ?Beyond the scrapes I am sure you can feel,? she said, ?Your whole back is black and blue.? 
?Must have happened when I hit the pavement,? he said painfully putting his shirt back on.  ?Your shoulder hurts too?? she asked.  ?Yea,? he said. ?Just glad it is not YOUR shoulder.?
  She knew he meant his left shoulder, that was the one she always slept on, he called it HER shoulder.
 "You need to go back to the doctor,? she said.  ?No,? he said pouring coffee for both of them.  ?They x-rayed everything yesterday, nothing is broken, just bruised.?  ?Then we need to get some antibiotic cream for those scrapes,? she said.
 Gil popped a pain pill the doctor had given him.  ?The doc said I would be hurting,? he said, ?But damn, not this bad.?
 ?Maybe you should take the day off?? she said knowing he would not.  ?I can?t,? he said.  ?But I will stay in the office if I can.?  She had to except that even though she did not want to, he needed to be home.
 ?You are a worry wart,?  he said kissing her.  ?I love you,? she said.
 At the lab Sara was glad to find a light load, Gil would be able to stay in the lab.  She told everyone about his back so no one questioned his decision to stay in, they encouraged him.
 She also asked Doc Robbins to look at him.  The team left for the field when Gil?s phone rang, Robbins said he wanted to see him. 
?Take off your shirt,? Doc said.  ?I see Sara has been talking to you,? Gil said smiling as he took off his shirt.
 ?Yes,? he said, ?and she was not exaggerating.?  Doc went to his desk and took out some lotion.  He put on a glove and rubbed it on Gil?s back.  ?This is a homemade concoction,? Doc said.
 ?Will keep those puppy?s from getting infected.  Take this home and have Sara put it on at least twice a day.?  Gil thanked him.
 ?While you are here I want to show you something,? Doc said.  Doc handed Gil a bug in a jar, ?This sucker came out of the floater they found yesterday.?  Gil told him what kind of bug it was.  ?
He did not drown, did he?? Gil said.  ?No,? doc said.  ?This fella is only found in that grassy area outside of Henderson.  Better tell Brass,? Gil said.
 After shift Sara applied doc?s homemade lotion.  ?I sure hope this stuff works quickly,? she said.  ?Me too,? Gil said wrinkling his nose, ?Cause it sure stinks.?

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2009, 08:34:15 AM »
Great chapter!

trishj

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2009, 01:35:45 AM »
Chapter 19

It took a few days for Gil?s back to stop hurting, everyone joked with him about ?Taking naps on the job.?
  ?You have to admit,? Greg said, ?The pavement is not very soft.?  Gil would just raise an eyebrow at them as he walked away.
  September finally came around.  BUTTERFLY FIELD  was everything Sara had said it was.
  The main garden was an enclosed area.  The whole area was made to look like a tropic garden with trees and plants and live butterfly?s flying free.
  Over in one corner was an indoor waterfall that ended in a small creek that flowed through out the room.
 There was a gazebo sitting in a small clearing.
  Sara and Gil had decided on casual dress instead of formal.
  He wore jeans and a dress shirt, Sara wore a snug fitting skirt that went to the floor, a slit went up the side.  Her blouse perfectly matched the skirt.
 Gil had asked Jim to stand with him and Sara had asked Annie - Jim?s friend from Jersey.
 The whole team and their dates were there.
  The ceremony was simple with Larry Jeffers, a friend of Gil officiating.
 ?Friends,? he said.  Gilbert and Sara have chosen to use their own vows.  Sara.?   
   Sara looked into Gil?s eyes then she said:
          ?My beloved, do you remember the very first day we met? From the very
           moment I saw you, I knew you were the one for me, the one that I know
            I have to spend the rest of my life with.
           For you have become not just my lover and companion,
           but also my best  friend.
          I want to be your lover, your companion and your best friend for the
          rest of my life.
          I promise to love and cherish you, to keep you close and
          with faithfulness, to be your prop and helpmate in times of need,
         to make you laugh and to hold you when you cry,
          to hold you to the highest respect
         and honor as you so deserve for the rest of my life.?

With that said she slipped his ring on his finger.  Then Mr. Jeffers said, ?Gilbert.? 
                     Gil took Sara?s hands in his:
                       ?As Shakespeare said:
                        "Love comforteth like sunshine after rain?
                        Love?s gentle spring doth always fresh remain."

Your love, my darling, has been to me my soul's comfort.
          It is warm, it is strong, it is refreshing, and it is true.
          I am grateful for your smile, your tender touch, your very essence, you.
         And I look forward to every day that I shall spend with you.
         I promise you that my love will always remain fresh
            as a morning in springtime yet never waning.
          I promise you that I shall hold you, respect you,
           support you and honor you  for as long as I live.?

With that said he slipped the ring on her finger.
 Mr. Jeffers said, ?With the power given to me by the state of Nevada, I now pronounce you man and wife.  You may kiss your bride.? 
Gil took Sara?s face tenderly in his hands and kissed her.
 ?Ladies and gentlemen,? Mr. Jeffers said, ?Mr. and Mrs. Gilbert Ryan Grissom.?  Applause filled the garden. 
The reception was hosted by Paul and Nicole.
 Later that evening Gil and Sara Grissom waved from his car as they headed off to their mountain retreat.

THE WEDDING VOWS ARE NOT MINE.  I FOUND A SITE ON THE INTERNET AND COPIED THEM.

Billyjorja

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2009, 05:07:46 AM »
I almost felt as if I was there.  Lovely chapter.  Can't wait for the honeymoon chapter!!!!!!

Trish

Butterfly114

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2009, 02:50:48 PM »
Beautiful ceremony, look forward to the next chapter

trishj

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2009, 04:57:31 PM »
Chapter 20

The cabin in the mountain was everything they had thought it would be.
  The living room had a large fireplace, there was a large window that looked out on the mountain.
  The kitchen, although small, was fully stocked as was the bar.
  The bedroom was up in the loft, there was a small fireplace and a king bed.
 There was a porch that went completely around the cabin.
  Gil carried their luggage in, Sara was standing looking out the window.
  ?Hon,? she said, ?Come look at this, it is beautiful.?
 Gil went and stood next to her, the moon was full and shown bright.  Everything on the ground sparkled like a diamond.
  He put his arm around her waist and she lay her head on his shoulder.  They stood there for a while just taking in the beauty of nature.
  From the small wooded area behind the cabin came a doe and her fawn.  The doe looked at the newcomers, then sensing no danger, continued to feed on the grain that was left for her and her baby.
  Gil took Sara in his arms and kissed her.  ?Mrs. Grissom, have I told you lately just how much I love you,? he said.
 ?Yes,? she said, ?But I never tire of hearing it.?
  There was a basket on the table with a bottle of chilled wine and some chocolate covered strawberries.  Gil looked at Sara, she smiled as he picked up the basket and carried it to the bedroom.
  Sara went into the bathroom, she had bought a silk negligee - but she was not sure why.  She brushed her hair and put on a small amount of his favorite perfume.  Why was she nervous, it is not like this was the first time they had made love?  She was not a virgin bride.  But she was anyway.
  Gil had started the fire in the fireplace and lit some candles.  He had soft music playing.  Suddenly his stomach was full of butterfly?s.  ?Good heavens man,? he thought to himself.  ?Settle down, this is not your first time.?
 He was not much of a romantic, he knew that, but he wanted everything to be perfect.
  Sara came from the bathroom, his heart almost stopped.  Her beauty took his breath away.  She smiled.
  Gil could hardly find words to say.  He walked to her, took her hands in his and said, ?Nothing in this world compares to your beauty.?  He pulled her close to him and kissed her, tenderly at first. 
The passion of their kiss deepened as the fire in their body?s increased.  With out breaking from their kiss he lifted her and carried her to the bed.
 He took his lips from hers only long enough to lay her down, he lay next to her, his lips once again found hers as his hands found her body.
    Later all their strength drained they lay that way for a while.  As her strength returned she rolled from atop him to his side.
  He gathered her in his arms and she nestled against his chest.  It took them no time to find sleep.
  Sara had stopped taking her pills as soon as they had agreed to try to have a baby.  Gil and Sara spent their first night as husband and wife nestled in each others arms.  Deep inside her body sperm meant egg, after a trip down her fallopian tube baby Grissom nestled into momma?s womb.
  The sun shining through the window woke them.
 Gil kissed the top of her head.  ?Good morning my love,? he said. 
Sara kissed his chest, ?Good morning.?
 They both decided they needed something to eat, the events of last night had drained them of all their strength.
  They ate, Sara seemed deep in thought.
  ?Do you ever think you will ever tire of me?? she asked.
 Gil looked at her and smiled, ?Yes, the day I draw my last breath.?  She smiled at him.
 ?And if there is a heaven and we meet there, then I will be the luckiest one there because I will have an eternity to show you my love.?   
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 09:39:45 AM by trishj »

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2009, 09:28:15 PM »
Great chapters! The honeymoon was very sweet.  :-* ;)

Billyjorja

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2009, 05:45:29 AM »
Great chapter.  Even if you have been together for a while everything seems different when you get married.

Trish

trishj

Their Secret
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2009, 10:48:32 AM »
Chapter 21

Gil and Sara walked hand in hand in the snow as they explored the small wooded area behind the cabin.
 Sara wanted to tell him about her doctors appointment but was not sure how to bring up the subject.
  Thankfully she did not have to.  ?What did your gynecologist say?? he asked.
 ?The affects of the pill should wear off soon,? she said.
 The gynecologist had said that sometimes it takes a while to conceive after the woman stopped taking her birth control pills.
 ?So that means it can happen any time,? she said unaware of the fact that it already had started.
 ?Then I think we should make some changes at the house,? he said smiling.
 They enjoyed their month away from the city.
 They took walks, went snowmobiling and they even tried skiing.
 Their nights were spent taking in the beauty of the mountains and making love.  Their last night they were sitting on the porch wrapped up in a blanket.
 It had snowed that morning so there was a fresh blanket of snow covering everything.
 ?It is so beautiful here,? Sara said.
 ?It lets you know where you stand in the scheme of things,? he said.
 ?Look,? Sara said, ?She came back to say good bye.?
 The doe and her fawn had come back almost every night, Sara loved to just sit and watch her.
 Sara stood and very slowly walked toward the doe.
 The doe lifted her head, Sara was afraid she would bolt.
 Sara stopped, the doe looked at her, then the doe walked within two feet of Sara.
 The fawn, who had fallowed its mother, walked right up to Sara and rubbed it?s head against Sara?s leg.
 Sara slowly lowered her hand and stroked its head.
 The doe nudged her baby, looked at Sara as if to say ?It?s been good to know you? then they both took off for the woods.
  Sara went back to Gil, ?That was so fantastic.  How can anyone want to harm such a magnificent creature.?
 Gil assured her he did not know. 
?Let?s get inside,? he said.  She nodded and took his hand.
 ?Let?s have a picnic,? Sara said.
 Gil looked at her as if she were crazy. 
?I remember one winter when I was small,? she said.  ?Before?..? 
Gil knew what she meant, he just smiled at her.
 ?It had rained all that day and I could not go outside.
 My mother spread a blanket on the floor and we had an indoor picnic.? 
Gil smiled, he went to the bedroom and got a couple of blankets and some pillows. 
He spread one out in front of the fireplace, tossing the other on the floor.
  He went to the kitchen and helped her get their ?picnic? supplies.
 She had cheese and fruit and a loaf of French bread.  He got a bottle of wine.  They sat on the blanket and ate and talked about their future.
 ?How do you see us in ten years?? she asked him.
 He smiled.  ?You still in my arms and me loving you,? he said.  She kissed him.  ?How about you?? he asked.
 ?Me still loving you, too.  And us sitting on the porch watching our children playing.? 
?Children?? he said.  ?Sure, a girl and a boy,? she said smiling.
 He just raised an eyebrow at that thought.
 Gil kissed her, ?A boy and a girl??  ?Aw hum,? she said.  ?Interesting,? he said.
 ?What are you thinking about?? she asked.
  ?Getting one of them started,? he said.
 ?I like that idea,? she said starting to stand.
 ?Right here,? he said starting to unbutton her top .
 ?I have always fantasized about make love in front of a fireplace.?  Sara smiled.  She was more them willing to help his fantasy become reality.
 ?Let?s stay right here,? she said after they had made love.
 He smiled at her, grabbed the pillows and the other blanket.
 He covered them both, cradled her in his arms. 
They slept on the floor in front of the fireplace.
 The next morning they reluctantly packed and headed back to Las Vegas.