Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Saying Yes to Eli  (Read 10003 times)

Offline sarapals

• He's still wearing this shirt--2013!
    • View Profile
Re: Saying Yes to Eli
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 10:54:37 AM »
?How is Greg?? The lump on his foot had been two fractured bones; wrapped with a temporary soft cast until he got back to Las Vegas.

?Sleeping off pain killers. They are coming for breakfast before leaving.? Grissom had quietly returned to a silent house. Even Hank barely raised his head as Grissom opened the door. He had showered quickly, checked on two sleeping children in the next room to see Eli stretched out in bed with hands over his head, Bizzy curled in a bundle in her crib. The twins slept in their room for now in two little beds crowded into a corner.

?Poor Greg. He?s not as young as he was.? Sara scooted to his side of the bed. ?Jim and Catherine got Eli and Bizzy to sleep. You should have seen Jim reading to them.?

?None of us are as young as we once were.? He chuckled, reaching for her. ?How was Catherine? Several times today she looked ready to cry, but she?s happy about Eli?she and Warrick were always close.?

Sara nestled to his shoulder. ?Do you think they ever??

His soft laugh stopped her question. ?I never asked.?

Her hands roamed across his chest, her bare skin warmed his. ?Are you tired?? She asked.

?Not of you.?

With gentle passion of well known lovers, his lips met hers; hands found familiar places as warmth turned to desire. Her body excited him as much now as it had a decade ago. Soft curves had replaced angles but her slimness remained. Now there was fullness in her breasts and across her hips that came from childbearing. He found these subtle changes intoxicating as he sought and kindled the sweet places of his yearning.

Sara had heard the door open, knowing he would check on each sleeping child before he came to bed; she wanted him, smiling as she tossed her shirt to the floor, leaving only her underwear in place. She was the only person in the world who knew her husband?s quirky delight in removing ?that triangle of fabric? as he called her panties. Sara knew his desire for her, for the physical act of lovemaking, was stronger now than it had been when secrecy and difficult, complicated work schedules had kept them apart. Then, furious, flaming passion drove them as they sought each other. Now, passion was tempered day to day, always there, heated with the touch of his hand in the middle of the night, or a kiss while children napped, warmed and simmered, always ready to flame.

He came to her. His fingers and mouth had pulled, gently tugged and stretched what clothing remained on her body until it was off. His lips tickled her belly, his beard nuzzled against her skin.  Her lips locked on his. This woman was meant for him. Waves, warm, strong, rolling together carried him with her as their passionate desire heightened and climbed for that moment of ecstasy.

She felt his breath against her neck. Her hands found his face and in the moonlight darkness, against white sheets, she whispered, ?You make me happy.?

A/N: The last chapter immediately following this one! Enjoy!
"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)

Offline sarapals

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2009, 11:14:13 AM »
This finishes this short story of Eli! Thanks for reading.

?You think this is funny. All those years, I thought Gil was this lonely workaholic, going home to cockroaches and fetal pig experiments!? Catherine had been on this subject for twenty minutes. ?Those two were keeping each other company?for how long! I worried about him for years?I always thought he had this thing going with Lady Heather.? She tossed her hair as she turned to look at Brass. ?You knew about this. You kept me in the dark! That time we found him with Heather?when she was nearly killed?you knew he and Sara were together.?

Brass was trying unsuccessfully not to laugh. Greg was not even attempting to hide his mirth. Nick drove; he had already announced he had been in the dark about the subject of Catherine?s rant.

?I?ve told you everything?for how long? Any juicy gossip, or fact, I?ve made sure you knew. I should never forgive any of you?Sara included.? Catherine pretended to pout, which didn?t last long, before she heard actual snickering from the back seat. ?That includes you, Greg! I can still send you out for dumpster duty.? She reached up and moved the mirror so she could see Greg. ?You knew. Did Sara tell you? Fess up!?

Greg shook his head. ?I want protection before I tell!? His foot was propped between the seats. He continued, ?Actually, I sort of figured it out myself.?

Nick spoke, ?Okay, how did you figure it out? I was there every day and saw nothing. Even though, when I think back on that time, I remember those two always had something going on?Sara was Grissom?s pet?we all knew that much. I tried to set her up with a friend?I think Warrick knew?he told me to forget it, ?Sara was Grissom?s woman?. I thought he was joking. I guess I didn?t realize?? his voice trailed off as the other three in the car began to laugh.

Greg shifted, leaning forward to talk in a hushed voice. ?I was at the grocery store one morning, just buying some food, when I saw Sara. She did not see me so I followed her?thinking maybe we could eat breakfast?or something. She goes down the pet food aisle and who do you think is standing in front of the dog food?? He smiled as he realized he had their attention. ?Yep, Grissom. They stood there talking about dog food, Grissom puts a big bag in the cart?Sara?s cart?and I knew. No one buys dog food if they don?t have a dog and?this is when I knew?he put his hand on her. Sort of sweet actually, and I just stood there in a stupor until they disappeared.?

Catherine had turned around in her seat. ?When did you see this??

Shaking his head, he grinned, ?A long time ago!?

?How did you know, Jim? Come on. It?s just the four of us; no one else will ever hear this. It?s time to tell.?

Jim Brass knew that if Catherine Willows knew something it would become public knowledge. He also knew the couple of this conversation would never return to Las Vegas, at least not to work.

?I learned Gil had Sara?s medical power of attorney when I gave him mine?that was before I was shot. He was very open about it?said he would put it with Sara?s. And very casually said that Sara had his.? Brass wiped a hand over his head. ?That by itself wasn?t really enough?I knew he trusted her. After I was shot, the two would visit me?come in together and I started watching them. Over time, I can?t remember what made me think they might be a couple?lovers, and I did not mention it to either one, but one morning I was having a pity party of one. I drove to Gil?s place?he had moved by then?knocked on his door with a bottle of the good stuff.

?When he opened the door, I went in, didn?t wait for an invite. We had a drink and I could hear someone else in the house?the shower, the hairdryer?Gil never said a word, we just had another drink. He wasn?t uneasy; he wasn?t trying to hide anything. Then, Sara walked into the kitchen, looking fresh as a daisy until she saw me! It took a couple of heartbeats before she says ?hi, Jim,? as if she were in the hall at work, then asked me if I wanted something to eat. Just like that.? He chuckled. ?None of us ever mentioned it again?they were living together then, right under our noses, and we didn?t know a damn thing about it.?

Catherine started laughing. Nick joined her as Greg soft punched Jim?s arm and they began to laugh. Catherine tried to stop laughing and hiccupped, causing more laughter from the three men.

Sara and Gil Grissom had no idea of the amusement they had generated in their visitors. After a busy morning and breakfast with their friends, the two sat in the porch swing, each holding a baby, watching their older daughter as she followed her brother.

?Daddy,? the boy said, ?can we go to the play park?? He held a little car above his head, out of reach of the little girl who happily took another one he offered. ?Just you and me??

Grissom glanced at his wife who carefully shielded her smile with a hand. ?Yes, Eli, we can.?

A/N: Thanks for reading! Leave us a comment...
"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 11:31:06 AM »
Great chapters and story girls!

caz

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2009, 12:00:28 PM »
Always a pleasure reading ;)

And as always never want any of the stories to finish.

great job as always :)

I can go home from work now all smiles :)

Butterfly114

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2009, 04:06:55 PM »
I really enjoyed this one, great writing.
Look forward to the next one.

trishj

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009, 05:42:58 PM »
Fantastic story.  I think it is one of the better ones I have read.  Great job.

Billyjorja

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2009, 06:38:59 AM »
Beautiful story.  Poor Catherine being kept in the dark!

Agree with Caz never want your stories to end.

Trish

Offline sarapals

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2009, 10:48:32 AM »
Give us a couple of weeks to get one finished between spring breaking and mid-terms! Thanks for reading.

sixtyplus

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2009, 11:32:04 AM »
once again another great one poor greg more very soon please . :)