Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 23400 times)

trishj

Dreams
« on: February 25, 2009, 12:12:07 PM »
Driving to the crime scene he was cussing, Gil hated rain, mostly because it is impossible to gather evidence when it rains.  It was going to make it almost impossible to do his job.
  Arriving at the scene he got out and walked to the bodies, a man and woman both shot in the head.  He bends down to start processing them when he thinks he knows who they are, no his mind is playing tricks - it can't be.
  He yells, his scream wakes him up.  "Damn," he says to himself.
 "Hon, are you all right?" a voice calls from the bathroom.  He says nothing.  Sara goes to him,as she wrappes her arms around him she can feel him trembling.  She pulls his head to her chest and lovingly strokes his hair.
  "Is it that dream again?" she asks knowing the answer.  He just nods his head.  She falls back on the bed pulling him with her.  It takes him a few minutes to fall asleep.  Sara lays with Gil, his head is on her she can feel his breath on her skin.
  She wishes he would talk to her about the dream, maybe talking would help.  The dream has made him lose a lot of sleep.  Finally she drifts off.
  The next thing to wake them is the alarm.  "Morning," she says kissing him.  "Morning.  Sorry about last night," he tells her.  "There is nothing to be sorry for," she tells him.
 "You were there for me when my dreams interupted my sleep.  I will be here for you."  "I guess that is one of the many things I love about you," he said.  "Really?  Tell me the rest," she said smiling at him.
  "Hum, let me think," he says grinning.  "You are beautiful, sexy, full of life, inquisitive,..."  "Enough," she says smiling at him.  "You started it," he tells her.   "And I am ending it," she tells him as she kisses him and starts to gently run her hand on his chest, "There is something else I want to start."
  He smiled at her and willingly gave into her needs.   "You know this will make us late," he said holding her near him when they had finished.  "Oh my," she said snuggling closer to him.  "What do you think my supervisor will have to say about it?"  He looked at her and smiled.  "Your supervisor will say you are fantastic and he loves you."   They lay there for a few more minutes then got up and dresses.
  Heading into work Sara wanted to ask him about the dream, but she knew he would not talk about it.  She decided to talk to Jim.  Jim and Gil were close, maybe he would talk to Jim if he could not talk to her.
 Gil had been supervisor of graves for almost 10 years now.  When he had asked her to join his team after his promotion she gladly excepted.  She gave up everyting to be with the man she loved.
  How did she know it would take him almost 8 years to act on his feelings.  But none of that mattered now.  They had gotten married shortly after they were 'outed' by her kidnapping.
 The rest of the crew still chuckle when they tell her how strange it was to hear him say out loud what they all knew - that he loved her.  Ecklie was the most upset, not because he had anything against them, but because his supervisor had told him that Gil Grissom was to important to lose and if he wanted to be married to one of his coworker then no one was to stop him.
 Catherine had enough experience as a supervisor, she would handle all Sara's evaluations and what not.
 Arriving at the lab Gil nodded to the rest of the crew as he headed for his office.  Sara grabbed a cup of coffee and sat in the break room with the others. 
"You need not to make him late all the time," Nick said.  "Yeah, this is the third time this week," Greg said smiling.  Sara just looked at them and smiled, "I can't help it, he is so good at it." 

GSRLOVER34

Re: Dreams
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 01:34:13 PM »
Great Start!

I wonder who he is seeing in his dreams?

If I had Grissom, I would be late all the time!  :-* ;) ;D

Destiny062

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 04:28:34 PM »
good start, the end couple of sentences made me smile lol
keep writing, can't wait to read more.

:)

Butterfly114

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 04:31:18 PM »
Great start, update soon.

trishj

Dreams
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 07:28:48 PM »
This jumped into my mind so I thought I had better post it before it jumped out again   ;D

Chapter 2
"How I hate these calls," Catherine said getting out of the car.  "Another drug over douse," Jim says.  "I will never understand these kids."  "Have you seen the vic?" Catherine asks.  "No, all I know is that it is a teen female."
 Catherine walks into the dorm, she stands and looks at the angelic face, then she screams.  Catherine wakes in a cold sweat.
  She shakes the cobwebs out of her head and goes to Lindsey's room.  Slowly she opens the door, her daughter is not in her room. 
Catherine holds her breath, "Looking for me?" a voice says coming from the kitchen.  "Yes," Catherine said.
 "The dream, right?" Lindsey says downing the last of her milk.  Catherine just holds her daughter.
 "Gee Mom, you know I don't touch those things," she says wishing her mom would let her go.  "I know, sweet heart," Catherine says.  "It is just that..."  "I know it's the job," Lindsey says half smiling as she shuts her bedroom door.
"Mothers," Lindsey says picking up her phone to call her best friend.
 At the lab the next day Sara says to Catherine, "The dream again?"  Catherine nods, "How did you know?"
 "The dark circles under your eyes is a give away," Sara said, "That is unless Warrick has finally come to his senses and asked you out."  Catherine smiled, "Not yet.  But I am sure hinting."  They both laugh as the men walk in the break room.
 "Are you and Gil still planning to go away?" Warrick asked.  "Yes," she said smiling, "And I can't wait. 
A whole week of nothing but me and my husband."  Greg smiled, "You better be careful, you might come back pregnant."  Everyone laughed.  "Interesting idea," she said.  Nick looked at her, "Are you two thinking about a kid?"  The subject has been brought up," she said.
  Gil walked in the room, "Assignments people."     

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 08:20:23 PM »
great chapter!

They have to have a little Grissom.

Billyjorja

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 05:25:40 AM »
Great start, love the idea of Gil and Catherine's dreams, bet they are linked.

GSRLOVER34 - If I had Grissom we would never get to work!!!!!!

Trish

caz

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 05:49:28 AM »
great 2 chapters :)

trishj

Dreams
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 07:32:39 AM »
                                         Chapter 3
"Hey Jim you got a minute?" Sara asked standing in his doorway.  "Sure," he said motioning her inside.  "I need a favor," she said.  "Shoot," was his reply.
  She tells him about the dreams that have been bothering Gil.  "He will not talk to me about them.  I was hoping you would talk to him." 
"I will give it a shot," he said not sounding to confident.  "But you know your husband better then I."  "I appreciate any help you can give," she said smiling as she left.
 "Some one of these days I will learn to keep my big mouth shut," Greg says out loud to no one but himself.  "Maybe that way I will not get the dumpster dives."
Greg climbed into the dumpster, moved the piece of newspaper off the victim, "Oh my God," he says, "This can't be?"
 He sits up in the bed, it is the third time this month he has had the same dream.  He gets out of bed and goes to his kitchen, grabs a cup of juice and sits in the chair in front of the TV.  He turns it on, flips through the channels and leaves it on the news.
  He can't concentrate, he picks up the phone and calls a friend of his mother's.  "Miss Annie, it is Greg Sanders."  "Greg," she says, "It is good to hear from you."
 Greg explains his dream to her, "Each time it is a different one of my coworkers.  And Nick tells me he is having a similar dream except he finds the body by the river.  Each time the victim has been shot in the head." 
"Interesting," she said.  "Dose this mean that one of my friends are going to die?" he asks.
 "Greg," she said.  "I doubt anyone can for see the future. I believe it is because of the line of work you are in.  There is always a chance of one of you being hurt."
 He thanks her and hangs up the phone.  "What would Grandma Olaf think," he wondered.
 Jim showed up at the lab that night, he stopped by Gil's office.  "Hey Gil, what's new?"  "Not much," he said pouring them both coffee.
 Jim took the cup then said, "Sara is worried about you."  "Really?  I don't know why?" he says.  "The dreams," Jim tells him, "Care to tell me about them?"
 "It is nothing I can't take care of," he says, "She should not have bothered you."  "She is just worried.  She loves you, heaven knows why," he said jokingly.  They finish their coffee and talk about other things.
 At the end of shift Brass calls Sara and tells him about his conversation.  "Thanks anyway," she says.
 "I do have an idea," Jim says, "But you will not like it."  He tells her his idea, he is right, she dose not like it.
 Later that day she parks out in front of a house, she tries to talk her self out of it but all she can see is Gil trembling in her arms.
 She gets out of the car, swallows her pride and knocks on the door.

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 08:42:37 AM »
Great chapter!

That's really strange that their all having the similar dream.
Did she go see Heather?

billyjorja - He never gets to work because he is to busy satisfying me!  ;) :D

Butterfly114

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 10:12:36 AM »
Is Sara knocking on Lady Heathers door?
Grandma Olaf, I love that you mentioned her.
Update soon.

trishj

Dreams
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 01:28:55 PM »
OK you forced it out of me  ;D lol  You are all so smart.  Decided to post two chapters today.

Chapter 4
"Sara," the person answering the door says, "I never thought I would see you here.  Please come in."  Sara stood for a minute looking at the only person who truly understood Gil, Heather.
 She shivered inside at the thought of even seeing her.  She had to admit that she was envious of her and Gil's relationship.
  Although Gil had reassured her - and she totally believed him - that there was never anything physical between the two of them, she was still jealous of the, what would you call it?  I guess kindred spirits they shared.  She was not sure what to call it, but she hoped it was enough to get him to open up to someone. 
"What brings you here of all places," Heather said pointing to a chair.  "It is Gil," Sara said.  "Is there anything wrong?" she asked very concerned.
 "He has been having a reoccurring dream.  He wakes screaming from it.  He says it is nothing but I can feel his heart racing as I hold him and try to calm him," she says.
 "What is the dream about?" Heather asks.  "That is the reason I am here.  He will not tell me."   "And you were hoping I might be able to get him to talk to me?" Heather asks already knowing the answer. 
"Yes.  You have always been able to get him to open up to you," Sara said wishing she had another resource to turn to.  "I would be more then happy to see if he will talk to me," Heather told her.
 "Sara," she said, "you do know there never was anything physical between Gil and myself.  Not that I did not want there to be, that part of him has always belonged to only you." 
"He has told me that and I believe him," Sara said.  "It is just that....." she stopped herself.  Heather smiled, "That you are jealous of the relationship we do have?"   Sara just nodded.
 "Let me tell you something," Heather said taking Sara's hand, "I would give anything to have a man love me the way he dose you.  I have never seen a deeper love between a man and a woman then I have between the two of you.  Never let that die."
 Sara smiled, "There is not a chance of that happening.  I have waited for to long to make him mine."  "Then let me give you a piece of advice if I may," Heather said.  Sara nodded.
 "One time during one of our talks, shortly after my daughters death was solved, he told me that the one thing that he has always wanted, besides you, is a child.  Sara, give him a child."
 Sara smiled, "Thank you for everything."  She stood and took Heather's hand, "Thank you.  I am grateful he has a friend like you."
  On the drive home some how she felt better about Heather.  Arriving at the house she seen she still had a few minutes before Gil would be back from his supervisors meeting. 
She went to the bedroom and rechecked to make sure everything was packed for their trip.  Then she went into the bathroom took out her package of pills and tossed them in the trash. 
"Give him a child," Heathers words came back to her.  Checking her calender brought a smile to her face.  Their week away came at just the right time for that to happen. 

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 02:09:54 PM »
Great chapter!

Yeah, we all know that Grissom is the only one for Sara and Her for him.

They need a baby Grissom.  ;)

Butterfly114

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 11:06:43 PM »
Very good chapter, update soon.

Destiny062

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 04:12:58 AM »
another couple of good chapters. can't wait for the next update.
keep writing.

:)