Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: She Gives It All To Me  (Read 3595 times)

trishj

She Gives It All To Me
« on: February 24, 2009, 11:49:35 AM »
Gil was walking around in a total fog.  He had never been so upset with himself.   He and Sara had been together for a year now and he was thinking about a special gift.
He had told Catherine all about what he wanted to do and she laughed, ?You do not have a romantic bone in your body.?
  ?Are you trying to tell me that a week in the rainforest and her own subscription to ?UNUSUAL AND RARE BUGS? is not romantic??? he asked.  She laughed again and walked away.  Well - he thought it was.
  ?Hon, what is wrong?? Sara asked him.  He just shook his head, ?Nothing,? was all he said.  Sara went to the computer where he was sitting, started to massage his shoulders and neck.
?Do you know how much I love you?? he asked her.  ?Of course  I do,? she said.  ?Each time you look at me, each time I see you smile and with each touch you tell me just how much you love me and how much you care.?  He tenderly touched her hand and she kissed the top of his head.
 It was because of a case that Gil knew what to do.  He smiled as he put the finishing touches on the night.
  There had been a robbery, several old records and pieces of sheet music.  One in particular caught his eye.
 That night Sara had to work and Gil was off.  he found the song and downloaded it.  He lit candles and the fireplace had her favorite wine on ice.
    He heard her car in the driveway.  He meant her at the door and took her in his arms and kissed her.  He took her hand and led her to the living room.  On the floor was a blanket and the wine, he sat and pulled her down next to him.
  They drank a glass of wine and teased each other as lovers do.  Gil picked up the remote and started a CD he had recorded from the computer: 

I pinch myself when I wake up each morning
?Cause I?m constantly amazed when I see
Exactly everything I?ve always wanted
But I can?t believe she gives it all to me.

Lips that warm my face with morning kisses
Arms that reach to hold me tenderly
And love that always satisfies completely
But I can?t believe she gives it all to me.

She gives me more than any one man deserves
I, who have everything ? am nothing without her
Somehow she knows I need her desperately
I can?t believe she gives it all to me...

Then he reached under the sofa and brought out a small felt box.
 He opened it, inside was a diamond ring, ?Sara, I offer you my love, my life.  You are what brings meaning to my life.  Will you marry me??  Sara looked into his blue eyes and smiled.  ?Yes my love.?

SHE GIVES IT ALL TO ME  by
                                                                Conway Twitty
                                                                        barrowed by me.

GSRLOVER34

Re: She Gives It All To Me
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 12:26:48 PM »
Great story, haven't heard that song before, but the words are perfect for GSR, will have to listen to it.

Billyjorja

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 05:27:07 AM »
Lovely story, as usual.

Conway Twitty that's a blast from the past.

Trish

Destiny062

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 04:14:52 AM »
hey great story, never heard the song before but it does fit with GSR.
will have to listen to it now lol.
keep writing.

:)