Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Nobody Special  (Read 67131 times)

Billyjorja

Re: Nobody Special
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2009, 05:44:04 AM »
Keep them coming.

Trish

Destiny062

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2009, 09:06:59 AM »
Chapter 8 (cont.)
[/b]

whilst Sara drove, Lindsey had a hold of her phone, giving her updates and directions on where Brooke's car had been before the signal had been lost. Sara may had seemes calm whilst driving the car, but inside her brain was going at least 100mph just thinking about what had happened to Brooke. she was worried, and also feeling incredibly guilty. she couldn't help feeling that if she hadn't have been running late, Brooke would never have stormed off and this would never had happened.

Lindsey must have seen her face because she said, "it's not your fault you know. what's happening with Brooke, it's not your fault. we're gonna find her, she's gonna be ok, and you guys can work it all out."
"how did you....?"
"i know you Sara, and it's written all over your face. you're feeling guilty about what happened earlier, and you're blaming yourself for everything and you shouldn't. it's gonna be ok."
"you know, you really are a lot like your mother. she could always tell when something was bothering any of us on the team. i don't know how she does it, but she does. you obviously inherited a lot from her."
"really? ok the lost signal should be just a little further up the road.."
"really? i don't see...... oh no..."
Lindsey looked in the direction Sara was looking.
"hang on that's Brooke's car?"
"I guess so why? Lindsey what?"
"it looks familiar that's all. i think i've seen it somewhere before. i mean i don't know if i saw this exact car, but i definitely saw this make and model before. never mind"
"look let's just see if she's here ok? come on.."
Sara and Lindsey got out of the car, and walked towards the wreck that remained of Brooke's. as they got closer Sara broke into a run, desperately hoping that Brooke was still there and still alive. Sara picked up the speed until she reached the driver's side door and looked in to the car.

"dammit!! Linds, she's not here!"
"what?! but where......?"
"i don't know... but judging by the state her car is in, she can't have gone far. i'm gonna call for some help, things just got a whole lot worse, and we need all the help we can get..."

Sara took out her cell phone, and dialled.
"Hey, it's me"

in the lab......
"hey it's me"
"hey Sara what's up?"
"listen i'm just calling to say that things have gotten a lot more complicated. me and Linds found her car. it's totally wrecked, but see the thing is she's not here, and we have no idea which way she's gone. Cath i'm getting realy worried."
"Sara calm down. she's gonna be ok. listen i'll phone Brass, and organise a couple of choppers. once they're in the air they can split up and try to figure out which way they've gone. we're gonna find her Sara, so stay strong ok. everything's gonna be ok."
"that's just too spooky."
"what's spooky, Sara i'm trying to help you"
"yes i know, but no Lindsey said the exact same thing earlier when i was freaking out. that's what i meant. you know Cath, Lindsey's a great kid, you're lucky to have each other"
"yeah she is. she ok?"
"yeah she's fine. she's looking after me more than i'm looking after her. i mean i know she doesn't really need looking after but..."
"i know what you mean Sara. tell her i love her, and i'll see her soon. listen we'll be out there as soon as we can kay?"
"i will, and thanks Catherine. bye."
"bye"

Catherine hung up her cell phone and went to find the rest of the team. she knew they'd wanna know what was hppening as soon as possible. and she figured the sooner they all knew, the sooner they could get out there and find Brooke.

TBC?     :)

Billyjorja

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2009, 07:14:40 AM »
TBC?  Yes!!!!

Trish

Destiny062

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2009, 01:41:31 PM »
thank you to everyone who has reviewed so far. i always like reading your comments, they are what keeps me writing, or at least thinking about writing further chapters, lol. have got exams coming up so won't be writing for a while, but i thought i'd give you the next chapter before i go into exam hibernation, lol. so here you go, hope you like it......

Chapter 9.

once Catherine had hung up her cell phone, she went looking for the rest of the team, to let them know what was happening. it wasn't easy to find them, so she decided to send them a text, hoping they'd immediately respond. at least that's what she hoped would happen when she included the words 'urgent!' and 'asap' in her group text at least twice. she then went to the break room to wait for them, hoping it wouldn't be too long for them to arrive so they could get out there.

ok, so maybe she was ovverreacting, but all she knew was, if it was Lindsey, and God forbid if that did happen, she didn't want to be sitting around for ages wondering what was happening and where she was. she could only imagine how guilty Sara felt, even though it wasn't her fault. thankfully Catherine didn't have to wait too long before at last Grissom walked into the break room.

"Catherine, what's up. i mean i got your text, but apart from the repeat of the words, 'urgent', 'asap' and 'NOW!' it was kinda vague. where's Sara? actually where is everyone?"

"Sara's with Lindsey. they're both fine Gil. they found Brooke's car. listen i'd rather only tell this once, so can you wait for the rest of the team to get here please?"

"yeah, sure, ok"

"thank you. where are they? they should be here by now"

"they'll be here. didn't you say that Sara sent them all off doing different things? so they're probably on their way back here right now."

"well i wish they'd hurry up. the clock's ticking...."

a few minutes later....
"finally! where have you been. i sent you that text a while ago. i thought the use of the words 'urgent', 'asap' and 'NOW!' made it clear to get back here quickly."

"yeah we know, but we were in the middle of something." Nick said.

"you were in the middle of something? please tell me it had something to do with finding Brooke. it's the only case we're on at the minute."

"yeah i know. listen i was with Brass like Sara told me to. i'm sorry Cath, no-one's seen her, but to be honest we weren't hoping for much, i mean the video still was still kinda blurry, even though Archie had tightened it up a bit...."

Catherine interrupted "ok, ok. look will you all just sit down and keep quiet ok."

after seing the look on her face and the tone of her voice, they all sat down without another word. although they were kinda wondering where Sara was. the way they saw it she was lucky she wasn't getting this treatment. but to be fair Catherine did seem kinda worried...

"ok. i'll get straight to the point. Sara found Brooke's car. but the thing is, erm Brooke wasn't in it, and the car is, well let's just say it's a wreck. and we have no idea where Brooke is, or where she's headed apart from probably as far away from here as possible. however with the amount of damage the car is in, i doubt she's able to get very far, or got out of that car uninjured, so the clock is ticking. bottom line-we need to find her before it's too late, and then maybe Sara can talk to her and get things straightened out and stop herself from feeling so guilty. ok you got all that? good, let's go."

with that she immediately got out of her chair and headed towards the break room door. when she realised no-one was following her, she turned around and stared at them all.

"why are you still sitting there? didn't you hear me? we need to go out and help Sara find Brooke now!"

"where do we start Cath? i mean we know Sara found Brooke's car, but we don't know where. i mean she could've taken any road out of Vegas. we don't know which way she went."

"Greg! are you a CSI or not? i know that, but we do have Archie, i'm sure he probably tracked her car down, so here's an idea, why don't we go and ask him, to tell us where he tracked Brooke's car to and go from there. actually, you can go tell Brass what i just told you. Nicky you go with him. tell Brass to organise a couple of choppers to get up in the air, we might find her quicker that way ok."

"got it. come on Greggo. let's go."

Nick dragged Greg out of the break room and out towards his car in order to drive to LVPD to update Brass on the latest and get the choppers up in the air as quick as possible. on the way he texted Archie to send him the co-ordinates for where Brooke's car was, so at least they had a starting point for when they got up in the air.

meanwhile.....
i had lost track of time. i still had no idea what had happened, or even how i had got out of the car. at least i din't remember getting out of the car. but no-one else was around so i must have somehow. all i knew was that i had to keep walking. i couldn't stop, i couldn't sit down or anything. i knew that if i did i wouldn't get back up again. i had to keep going, i needed to get as far away from Las Vegas as possible. i didn't exactly know why, i mean i had an idea, and all i knew was i couldn't stay here. i was miles from normal, and had no idea which direction i was heading in, or where i was gonna end up.

for the first time in my life, i was free. free to do what i wanted. free to wander anywhere. free of everything that had been tying me down and weighing on my shoulders for so many years. i was free for the first time, and i was loving this new freedom i had. all that was missing was an idea of where i was going. i suddenly realised i could go anywhere. no-one would be looking for me, no-one would be worrying about me-some things never change huh? but the best thing was, i didn't care anymore. i guess after a while i got used to being on my own, and having to care and look out for myself. maybe Sara had done me a favour by not showing up. actually come to think of it, she had. i had no ties or obligations to anything or anyone-i was free to do whatever i wanted. i know i've said that a couple of times before now, but i just love saying it. i am free and i have the freedom to do whatever i want and i love it....

i had no idea where i was heading, but i continued walking in a straight line. maybe at some point i would reach somewhere where i could get something to eat, or stop for a while. i couldn't stop yet otherwise i would never get up. i needed to keep going, keep going to the new found freedom i now had, wherever that would lead me. i didn't know where i would end up, and that was kinda scary, but exciting too. who knows maybe this is part of the new me, being spontaneous. ok so it was caused by something, something that i don't really remember, but hey it's still being spontaneous right? i think so, and i kinda like that idea.

there was a pain in my wrist and shoulder and also in my stomach that i hadn't been aware of before, but i was becoming more aware of it now. it was killing me. funny how i only just became aware of it. must have been the adrenaline, or something why i wasn't aware of it before. it was then i realised i didn't have anything to take the pain away. maybe there was a way i could make it bearable, at least for now. i took of my shirt, leaving my tank top on, and somehow made it into a sling and wrapped it around my wrist. it seemed to ease the pain, even if it was only a little bit. after making that pain ease a little bit, i continued walking, but the pain in my stomach didn't ease, if anything it was getting worse. it was then i saw a piece of glass peircing my stomach, and then i saw the blood. i knew i had to stop it, i hadn't even realised i was bleeding, i don't even know how much blood i had lost while walking, odds were it was a bit at least. i had to stop the bleeding somehow.

i can't explain how i knew, but i knew not to take the glass out as it would make things worse. i needed something to wrap round it to stop the bleeding. the only thing i could think of was ripping part of my sling off to form a kind of make-shift bandage to wrap round the glass. i knew then that i had to sit down somewhere. i could see a tree not so far off in the distance. i continued walking towards it, slowly know, aware of the blood, and holding my stomach and trying not to move the glass as i was walking. eventually i reached the tree and sat down. i took of the sling, and the pain got worse, i mean i knew it would as soon as i took away the support, but still it was bad. using my teeth i managed to rip a part of my shirt off, and wrapped it around the piece of glass sticking out of my stomach, and hoped it would stop the bleeding, if only for a while. i then redid the sling, adjusting it now part of it had been ripped off and tied it back around my wrist and shoulder. when i felt i could i got back up again slowly, and continued walking.

meanwhile back at Brooke's car...
"Sara!" Lindsey called out "Sara, you might wanna come over here!"

coming over towards Lindsey she said "Lindsey what is it?"

Lindsey pointed towards the ground a bit away from the car where she and now Sara was standing "erm, is that blood?"

Sara looked to where Lindsey was pointing "yes. oh no." Sara's face fell. Lindsey call your mom, tell her what you found. i'm gonna see if it leads anywhere. stay here."

she started walking off, following the blood. it was only a little bit, but she knew what could happen. she needed to find Brooke now. she couldn't wait for the rest of the team to get there, she needed to go now.

Lindsey followed her, and ran to catch up with her. "Sara, wait for me. let me help, after all two heads, and four eyes are better than one and two. i can ring my mom at the same time. and i don't think it's a good idea to leave me all on my own. we're kinda in the middle of nowhere."

"ok. but keep up ok. we need to find her. i need to find her. now call your mom."

Lindsey pressed 1 on her speed dial, and immediately heard her mom's voice. "mom, it's me."

"Lindsey, thank god, are you ok?"

"mom, i'm fine. i'm still with Sara. listen i found something by close to Brooke's car, well blood to be specific, and so me and Sara are following it now. see if we can find her. i'm sorry we can't wait any longer, and neither can Brooke. listen where are you guys?"

"we're almost there, probably about 10 minutes away. and don't worry about it, i get it. just stay close to Sara ok. i don't want to lose you out there too. we'll catch up to you ok. just find Brooke, and stay close to Sara and stay safe. i love you Linds. i'll see you in a bit."

"i love you too mom. and i will. see ya in a bit. love you." and with that Lindsey hung up the phone.

turning to Sara she said "ok so i told mom, and she said they're about 10 minutes away, and that they'll catch us up, and just to keep going and find her. she also said for me to stay close to you, guess she doesn't want me to get lost out here on my own. listen Sara we'll find her ok. we'll find her, she's gonna be ok."

Sara smiled at Lindsey, oh yeah so much like her mom she thought to herself. but out loud she said "i know. i just hope we're not too late."

"we won't be."

Sara and Lindsey kept on walking, following the blood trail, realising the blood trail was getting thicker and thicker. Sara realised that Brooke was losing more and more blood and that if they didn't find her soon, it would definitely be too late. she saw the tree up ahead and ran towards it as fast as she could, hoping that Brooke had sat down by it. Lindsey had to sprint to catch up. when they reached the tree, the found more blood, but no Brooke.

"where is she Linds? where is she?"

TBC?   :)

Billyjorja

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2009, 09:05:27 AM »
Thanks for the long chapter.  Will be waiting for more.

Good luck with your exams.

Trish

Destiny062

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2009, 11:22:03 AM »
hey everyone, exams are over! yay! which means exam hibernation is finally over! yay i'm free!!! lol. ok so i kinda promised you more updates when my exams were over so here goes....

previously...
"where is she Linds? where is she?"

Chapter 10.
[/b]

i had to keep moving. the pain was not as bad as it once was, but i was still in a lot of pain. it was getting harder to keep walking now too. my feet hurt, and i could feel the pain coming back. all i wanted to do was stop, lie down and sleep. sleep forever... when had i last slept, it felt like years ago. had i slept in my car? was that the last place i had slept in? is that why i can't remember much? did i fall asleep at the wheel? as much pain as i was in, i hoped that if that's what had happened, i had been the only one hurt. no-one may have cared about me, but i didn't want anyone else hurt because of me, because of the fact that i existed. maybe it was better this way. Sara didn't know where i was, the guy i met at the cop shop knew Sara, but he didn't know me. no-one would come looking for me, i was truly on my own. and you know what the really messed up thing was, i was starting to like it, i was starting to like being on my own and not being a burden to anyone. how screwed up is that? maybe if i had figured out this sooner, i wouldn't have got hurt again, i wouldn't have let my guard down and let Sara in, and i wouldn't have dragged her into the mess that my life is. at least she was free now. that's what kept me going.... the fact that i had set Sara free.......

i smiled to myself at the thought of that. for once i had done something good. ok maybe on some level i was feeling a bit sorry for myself and the situation i had gotten myself into, but at least i wasn't dragging anyone along with me. it actually felt good to think of it like that. she could go back to her life, her normal life, and i could go back to the life i was used to. the life where i was invisible and anonymous and could disappear without a trace. i smiled again at that thought, well i tried to smile anyway. i kept on walking, slowly but surely, i kept on walking. i still had no idea where i was going, or even what direction i was going in, but i kinda liked that idea, the idea of an adventure, ok an adventure in huge amounts of pain, but still an adventure is an adventure, and i couldn't wait until i found out where i was going......

Sara and Lindsey.....
"where is she Linds? where could she have gone? and where are the rest of the guys they should be here by now? don't they get how urgent this is?"

"Sara, i know you're worried about Brooke, even more so since i spotted the blood. but she's gonna be ok, ok. the guys are only a couple of minutes away, mom told me, and she's already got at least two choppers involved. we'll find her ok, we just have to be patient and not waste time going in different directions. we're already looking for one person, we don't want to waste time looking for yours too if you go off on your own. i know you're worried Sara, but we'll find her ok."

"i know, it's just. what if we're too late, what if she's lying down dying somewhere and we can't find her, and even if we do we could be too late. i let her down Linds, i let her down so much....."

"Sara, you've got to stop thinking like that ok. you're the strongest person i know, well except my mom. we'll find her and you guys will talk, and you'll be able to explain everything to her, and you'll be friends again. hey did you try her cell?"

"there's no point. i already told you she left it at the apartment. i found it when i went there looking for her after she hung up on me and ran out of PD. and i already checked, there was nothing on there. she'd even erased my cell phone number. it's like she was trying to erase everything from her life, so she could just disappear."

"has Archie checked it. i dunno, maybe she erased something else."

"Archie already checked it for me. nothing, nada, zilch...."

"ok" Lindsey interrupted "i get your point. hang on a sec.."

"mom? what's up?" Lindsey said into her cell phone.

"where are you? we're by the car and you're not here"

"ok mom, i'm fine. have you spotted the blood? driver's side of the car, follow it, and after a while you'll come across a big tree, and that's where you'll find us. it's where the blood trail ends. we're trying to figure out which direction she went in. i dunno maybe you could contact the choppers and get them to help us out?"

"yeah Linds i got it. hey Lindsey, you ever think about becoming a CSI? you're good at this. maybe you inherited more from me than we thought or even realised. listen i'll see you in a while ok."

"mom, what about the choppers?"

"don't worry i'll get on to them. Nick and Greg are up there in them, so will give them a call and let them know what's going on ok. love you Linds."

"love you too mom..." Lindsey hung up the phone

back at Brooke's car.....
after Catherine had hung up the phone from talking to her daughter, she immediately sent a message to Nick and Greg each asking them to give them a heads up as soon as they could about which direction Brooke had gone in, after giving them the landmark of the car and then the tree. she figured they would be able to work out the rest.

i couldn't take it anymore. i had to sit down. the pain was really getting a lot worse, and there would be no way that i could continue walking. i knew that if i sat down i probably wouldn't be able to get back up again, but i had no choice. my feet were about to drop off, they probably had blisters on. the pain in my stomach was even worse, and it felt as if my shoulder had fallen out of it's socket, which by now it probably had. i had to sit down... i collapsed. happy that i could rest, and before i knew it and before i could stop it, i was falling backwards onto the ground beneath me, realising i would never get up again......

TBC?    :)

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2009, 12:12:34 PM »
Great chapters! Keep them coming.

Hope you did good on your exams.

Billyjorja

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2009, 05:35:53 AM »
Yes keep them coming.

Trish

Destiny062

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2009, 01:30:56 PM »
previously...
i had to sit down... i collapsed. happy that i could rest, and before i knew it, and before i could stop it, i was falling backwards onto the ground beneath me, realising i would never get up again...

Chapter 11.
[/b]

the thought of never getting up again suprisingly calmed me. it should have freaked me out but it didn't. i was finally at peace with myself i guess. my whole life had consisted of being disappointed and a disappointment to those around me. i had never been told i was special because i wasn't. i was invisible and anonymous. the sad truth was i liked being that, i had got used to it. until Sara. when i met Sara suddenly i wasn't invisible or anonymous anymore, at least not to her. but even then i had been let down, not that i really blamed her. it's the story of my life and it always will be.

i wasn't even aware that i had fallen. one minute i had stopped walking due to the pain i was in and the next i was lying on the ground with my eyes closed and at peace. i knew the chances of me getting up again were minimal and the chances of me dying from exposure were high. but ino longer cared. at least if i was dead i would no longer be disppointing the few people who knew i existed. my parents wouldnt care; i hadn't heard from them once since i moved. the rest of my family didn't care, i hadn't seen or spoken to them in years, and neither would Sara. i would just become another invisible Jane Doe who died. that's if i was ever found. if not i wold leave this earth the way i had lived on it- invisible and anonymous.

that thought brought me peace and slowly i drifted off into unconsciousness.

meanwhile both Nick and Greg had received Catherine's message and relayed the information onto the pilots of the choppers they were in. they may not have known or even heard of Brooke before all this had happened but they were helping Sara anyway. all they needed to know was that she was a friend of Sara's and that she had no-one else. that was it and they immediately got on with their job of helping to find her before it was too late.

after a while they found the wreck that used to be Brooke's car and they immediately knew what had Catherine so worried- they definitely needed to fnd Brooke as soon as possible. Nick couldn't even quite believe that Brooke had survived and managed to get out the car, let alone walk anywhere. however he did know the seriousness of the situation and directed the pilot to head towards the landmark of the tree where Sara and Lindsey had found a smallish pool of blood.

on their way he looked out of the chopper window and saw figures walking at speed towards the tree below, even though they still had quite a way to walk before they reached it. he figured them to be Cath, Grissom and Brass. after all they had gotten to the car before him.

he couldn't imagine what was going through Sara's mind at the moment. he loved Sara like a sister and couldn't bear to think that she was hurting. knowing Sara like he did, he guessed that she was beating herself up about what had happened and was also in all likelihood feeling incredibly guilty about it as well. all Nick wanted to do was to take Sara's pain and guilt away, just like the rest of the team wanted to. the sooner they found Brooke, the sooner that would happen.

Sara and Lindsey had begun walking again but had kept the tree in sight. that way when they saw Catherine approaching they could walk back and figure out which way they would go next in their efforts to find Brooke.

no matter what she did, she couldn't stop the internal guilt that was occupying her thoughts she knew that if she hadn't been running late, she wouldn't have had to ring Brooke to tell her so, and Brooke wouldn't have run off and they wouldn't be where they were now. hoping she could somehow make a connection with Brooke, she suddenly stood still resulting in Lindsey walking into the back of her.

"Sara what's up? why'd you suddenly stop like that?" Lindsey asked.
"i just want to try and see if i can figure out which way Brooke went. i don't know, maybe if i stand still and concentrate and focus on Brooke i'll be able to."
"but isn't that like ... guessing?"
"it's worth a try isn't it?! look we're not too far from the tree where we found the last bit of blood. maybe if i can focus we can stop wasting time and head in the right direction to finding her before it's too late. listen you're the one who said everything would be ok and that we'd find her, so let me try ok?"
"ok, i'll just give you some space." Lindsey then walked a few steps away to let Sara concentrate on what she needed to do.

Sara closed her eyes standing in the same spot and focused her mind on Brooke, hoping she would be able to make some sort of connection. Sara was a scientist through and through, but at this point in time she put her belief into the idea that this would work.

hope you guys liked it.
TBC?     :)

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2009, 01:43:16 PM »
GREAT CHAPTER! DIDN'T LIKE IT, LOVED IT! UD ASAP!

Destiny062

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2009, 02:23:41 PM »
GREAT CHAPTER! DIDN'T LIKE IT, LOVED IT! UD ASAP!

thanks! i promise to update soon.

:)

Billyjorja

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2009, 06:41:34 AM »
Agree with GSRLOVER34

TBC? - Soon

Trish

Destiny062

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2009, 07:54:01 AM »
hey guys, as promised here is the next update. it would have been sooner, but have been working quite a bit lately, lol. hope you like it, and please review to let me know what you think good or bad. so here goes....

previously...
Sara closed her eyes standing in the same spot and focused her mind on Brooke hoping she would be able to make some sort of connection. Sara was a scientist through and through, but at this point in time she put her belief into the idea that this would work.

Chapter 12.
[/b]

looking out of the chopper window Nick could still see members of the team making their way to the tree, still following the blood. he couldn't see it from where he was, but he stil knew. he hadn't heard from Greg in a while but he hoped his friend wasn't too far behind.

time was running out and they all knew it. at this time of year in the desert it was only a matter of time before Brooke would collapse out of exhaustion and then eventually die from exposure.

Sara had a concentrated look on her face, still. she knew it was very unlikely she would be able to make a connection with Brooke, but something within her wouldn't let her give up. at least she hoped she would make one, if anything to just give them an idea in which direction she had gone. truth be told they sort of already had a connection. the had it the moment that Brooke had started to trust and open up to her. she just hoped that this connection would be enough to help her find her friend. she hadn't found Brooke yet, and that feeling of guilt inside of her was intensifying with every passing minute that they hadn't found her. but she wasn't about to give up. not again. she just needed a bit more time.

time Brooke doesn't have. the nagging voice in her head told her, and kept on telling her. but she didn't care. she wasn't going to give up on her. she couldn't let her down again, especially because Brooke had no-one else, and she knew herself what that felt like. at least she used to and there was no way she would let that happen to Brooke, no way in hell. she made a promise to herself right there and then that she wouldn't rest or stop until she found Brooke and brought her back home.

after filling her head once more of thoughts of Brooke, she tried once again to make a connection to her young friend, hoping against hope that this time she would succeed.

Lindsey felt helpless. all she could do was watch.

maybe if Sara can't make a connection to her, maybe i can. Lindsey thought to herself.

i mean i don't know Brooke like Sara does, but maybe that doesn't matter. after all we do have the whole being a teenager thing in common. maybe i can make a connection to her through that, i don't know. but it's something at least.

Lindsey closed her eyes and tried to tap into the teenager that Brooke was. the long, lost feeling that her world had been turned upside down. she knew that feeling all to well, she had lived with that feeling for a while a few years ago. it was the same feeling she had had and experienced when her dad died. she had just thanked God everyday since that it hadn't been her mom. she didn't think she could've recovered if something happened to her. she hoped that through that long lost feeling she would be able to connect with Brooke through that. it was at least worth a try.

meanwhile the rest of the team had made it at long last to the tree, following the blood trail that Lindsey had told them about. when they saw the blood at the base of the tree, they all immediately knew what had Sara so worried. between the car and the tree, Brooke had lost a small amount of blood, but they knew she would keep losing more if she kept going. it was only a matter of time until she lost enough to collapse and not ge up again.

Catherine, after a few minutes, saw a figure up ahead standing perfectly still. she knew that Sara and Lindsey had continued to walk a little further on and could only hope that they hadn't gone on too far ahead. she didn't know where she got the sudden burst of energy from, especially after walking for miles, but she someho managed to run towards the figure, hoping with every fibre of her being that it was either her daughter or her friend. as she got closer she realised that it was her daughter, and only a few feet ahead of her was Sara, standing in exactly the same position-perfectly still.

she didn't know what they were doing, but she walked round to face her daughter, and tell her that she was here, they had caught up, and that they already had two choppers in the air looking for Brooke. it would only be a matter of time before they found her. but when she faced her daughter she found that Lindsey had her eyes closed, and seemed to be concentrating on something, only she couldn't figure out what. she gently touched her daughter on the shoulder saying her name, but she got no answer.

"i'll be back in a minute" Catherine told Lindsey, not knowing whether she could hear her. she gave Lindsey's hand a squeeze, let it go, and walked over to Sara. she found that Sara was in exactly the same position as Linsdey, right down to the concentrated look on her face, as if trying to connect with something, only Catherine didn't know what.

Catherine put her hand on Sara's shoulder, and told her exactly what she had told Lindsey- that Nick and Greg were in two separate choppers in the air looking for Brooke, and that Gil and Jim were by the tree, also trying to figure out where Brooke could have gone. she told her that none of the team would stop looking until they found Brooke, and that they were all there for her.

she left Sara then, and went back to her daughter. when she reached her, she gave her hand another squeeze and said "i'm back. come on Linds, open your eyes. everything's gonna be ok now, we're gonna find Brooke, just open your eyes." a few minutes later Catherine still hadn't let go of her hand, but Lindsey's eyes opened.

"mom?"
"oh thank God. Lindsey are you ok?"
"yeah i'm fine. when did you get here? where's Sara?"
"it's ok. i got here about fifteen minutes ago, and you and Sara were both just standing there completely still with your eyes closed and you didn't even react. i squeezed your hand and told you to open yor eyes and you..."
"did. i heard you mom. i was just trying to find Brooke. i thought that if i could make a connection to her, maybe i could help find her, and stop Sara from feeling so guilty. she believes this is her fault mom, and i thought that if i could connect to Brooke, then we could find her, and Sara would stop feeling so guilty. but i heard you mom, i was just concentrating so hard, and i thought that if i opened my eyes then i would lose the connection so i didn't. mom i'm so sorry.
"honey, it's ok. did it work?"
"i don't know. i mean i thought that because we're both teenagers i could maybe connect to her through that, and the whole lost feeling maybe i could connect to her through that but..."
"wait Linds, i get the whole teenager connecting thing, but when have you ever felt lost. apart from when.... oh. when your dad died. you started acting out. i guess you were more affected by his death than i thought. Linds why didn't you tell me?"
"because i felt relieved. it sounds really bad, but i was relieved that it was dad that died and not you. i got over dad dying because he let us down so many times, and i acted out because you were working all the time, and all i wanted to do was spend time with my mom. does that make me a bad kid? being relieved that my father died and not my mom?"
"oh Linds, no. do you have any idea how scared i was when you rang me from the car to say that it was sinking into the water that night. i was so scared i was gonna lose my baby girl, and then i got you out and you were fine. and then when you were acting out i thought you hated me."
"mom i never hated you, i never will. i guess i just wanted some attention, and as sad as i was about dad's death, i got over it. i never would have got over it if it had been you. i love you so much mom, and i don't know if i tell you that enough. i love you, and you're my best friend in the whole world."

Catherine threw her arms around her daughter and gave her a big hug, never wanting to let her go. this case hadn't just affected Sara, it had affected Lindsey and Catherine too. in a weird way it had brought them closer together.

"mom, mom. uh mom. i can't breathe. we have to go. we need to find Brooke before it's too late."
"you're right. we'll talk more later ok, when we get home and Brooke is safe."
"sounds good" Lindsey said smiling at her mom.

Sara quickly opened her eyes. "Brooke" she said.
Sara turned round to see Lindsey and Catherine hugging each other.

at least someone's happy. she thought to herself.

she walked over to them, and told them that she thought she had made a connection to Brooke, and that she had an idea of what direction she had gone in. once she had told Catherine, Catherine took out her cell phone and sent a text to Nick and Greg in the choppers, hoping it would give them a head start on where she was and hopefully be able to save her, and make sure she was ok. Greg replied saying he would get a chopper in the air as soon as he could with a couple of paramedics so that they could rush her to the hospital.

"which way?"
"we go back to the tree, and i'll figure it out from there. i have to find her"
"i know and we will"

i just hope we're not too late. Lindsey thought to herself.

TBC??     :)

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2009, 08:51:27 AM »
Great chapter! Continue soon.

Billyjorja

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2009, 08:34:10 AM »
Love this story, more soon please.