Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Nobody Special  (Read 67126 times)

GSRLOVER34

Re: Nobody Special
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 12:18:25 PM »
Great chapter! Keep going!

Destiny062

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 05:05:19 AM »
your wish is my command, lol. here's the next chapter.

previously...
after another few minutes, the tears had stopped falling, and once again i was alone and on the road. where before i had one person in my life and in my cell phonebook, i now once again had no-one. i guess i'm used to it, and somethingtold me in my head and in my heart that i would be alone forever.

Chapter 4.
[/b]

i had been driving for hours now, and somewhat aware that my phone had kept ringing, but unaware of who it was, but i knew it probably would be Sara, after all no-one else had my cell phone number. i kept ignoring it, eventually she would give up and stop ringing. after a while she did, and i was all alone again, with nobody but myself to look out for me.

back at LVPD...
Jim had been trying to follow brooke's car, but he was too late, he had no idea which way she had gone, and hours had passed since Sara had asked him to find her. if he couldn't find her then, how was he going to find her now? Jim knew it was time to ring Sara, and tell her what had happened, and he knew she wasn't going to be happy. after about three rings Sara picked up; "hey Jim, please tell me some good news" "well.." Jim started. "you haven't found her have you? i was hoping that she wasn't answering her cell becasue you had picked her up." "no sorry, wait she's not answering her cell phone now? that's unusual, every teenager answers their cell phone, at least the ones i've come across, they have those things permanently attached to either their ears or their hands." "Jim this isn't funny, and she isn't exactly a normal teenager. she's got no-one, well no-one apart from me, and i guess she thinks she doesn't even have that anymore." "ok, ok. what about her parents?" "i told you, she's cut herself off from them, and before you ask no she doesn't have any friends, she's got no-one Jim, do you get it now?!" "sounsd like the perfect way to disappear, if she's got no-one, no-one will report her missing, and no-one will bother looking for her. is Archie working tonight?" "yeah why? cell phone GPS!" "yeah, i mean if her phone is still switched on, you have her number, and you can ask Archie to track it." "yeah, but it's not exactly linked to a case" "so do it off the record, unless you officially report her missing, and then we can fully look for her." "i don't want all of LVPD after her, just get a few officers out there, ask around, nothing on the record ok. i'll get Archie working on cell phone tracking, and i'll go round to her place, you never know she might have gone back there. if she is going to disappear again, she's gonna need to stop off at her place, and then maybe i can get her to talk to me, or listen to me..." "ok, i'll get some guys on it, .. i know, i know, off the record" "thanks Jim" "you're welcome, just let Gil or Catherine know where you're going" "i know i know, procedure, i'm due to clock out in a couple of hours, i can always clock out early, thanks Jim, bye"

brooke's car...
i turned on the radio, my iPod, anything to distract me from all the thoughts that were going round in my head. i didn't know where i was going, all i knew was i had to get away, and the first thing to do would be to pack up my stuff, and disappear all over again. go somewhere where no-one knew me, and i had no ties or anything. somewhere i caould start my life all over again, it wouldn't be too hard, besides it wouldn't be as if anyone would miss me, no-one did when i left my parents. it would be easier this time too, as no-one exactly knew me where i was at the minute, i don't think they realised anyone was living there. the car was only on the drive every so often. it sounds sad, but i think i'm getting used to this disappearing business. but this will probably be the last time, i'd have to change my cell phone number too, can't have Sara keep coming after me, not that she would, but just to be on the safe side....

at CSI...
Sara was walking to Gil's office. it would be easier to explain it to him, and he had a right to know where she was going. ok so did Catherine as her supervisor, but Gil could tell her. on her way she asked Archie to do a trace on a cell phone for her, off the record, which he agreed to after she told him what it was for. "let me know ASAP" she told him whilst leaving the AV Lab. when she reached Grissom's office, she was relieved to find he was sitting at his desk, she could tell him right away instead of rushing round the lab looking for him. "Sara, are you ok?" "not really. listen Gil i need you to listen to me, and not interrupt, i haven't got much time, i'll explain everything in more detail later, but right now i need to leave." "but why? sorry you said no interruptions" "you know that girl, i've been kinda helping out? the one i was meant to meet at PD earlier, but got held up? well she's disappeared again, and she got the wrong idea when i told her i was running late and i don't know where, and i really need to find her before she does something stupid or i don't know. all i do know is that i have to leave now, if i'm to have any chance of finding her." "Sara slow down, hang on, you mean Brooke? the one that ran away from her parents?" "yes, she's already run from PD, we don't know which direction she went in, but i'm having Archie trace her cell phone now, and i think i know where she'll go, but i have to go now, if i have any chance of stopping her, or talking to her or.." "Sara," Gil interrupted "go, it's fine, i'll have the guys finish your case, and i'll let Catherine know, i take it she doesn't know yet?" "err, that would be no, sorry i know she's my supervisor a..." "it's fine, go, call me when you find her ok, i'll cover for you" "Gil, i love you, you know that?" "yeah, i love you too". Sara gave him one of her famous Sara smiles, and headed towards the car park, got in her car and started driving". as she was driving she gave Archie a call "hey Archie, you found her yet?" "nearly, got her. hang on i thought you said she lived in Las Vegas?" "i never said that, i just told you to find her, where is she?" "she's still driving, she's headed out towards Henderson." "Henderson, why's she going? oh no, ok thanks Archie, let me know if anything happens or changes or whatever" "will do, i'll send you her co-ordinates. Sara what's this about?" but Sara had already hung up. for the first time she honestly didn't know where Brooke's head was at, or what she would do next, all she did know was that she had to find her.

Brooke's place...
ok, i don't need that much, i can always buy new stuff, new name, new stuff, and a new start. oh and can't forget the new phone. gotta get moving, i can keep the car, she never knew whch one was mine. ok so this is it, new start for the girl who can disappear and no-on will miss. where should i go? where can't i go? the world is out there, too bad i won't experience it for too long...

Sara's car...
her phone beeped once, to let her know a text had come through. it was from Brooke. she pulled over to read it, after all she knew it was dangerous to drive and text or read a text or whatever. she could feel tears well up in her eyes as she read the text, and when she had finished, she turned the engine back on, pulled back onto the road, and drove as fast as she could, she knew she had to stop Brooke, and she hoped she would get there in time.....

TBC? if you want.... :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 09:42:37 PM by Destiny062 »

Billyjorja

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 06:11:02 AM »
TBC? if you want.... 

YES, YES, YES - so stop asking!!!!!!!!!!

Trish

csiliveson

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 11:21:34 AM »
Intringing please continue

Destiny062

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 10:41:22 AM »
hey everyone, sorry for not updating recently. however i do want to thank you all for all the really nice comments you guys have left. it's why i keep writing...

previously...
Sara's car...
her phone beeped once, to let her know a text had come through. it was from Brooke. she pulled over to read it, after all she knew it was dangerous to drive and text or read a text or whatever. she could feel tears well up in her eyes as she read the text, and when she had finished reading it, she turned the engine back on, pulled back on to the road, and drove as fast as she could. she knew she had to stop Brooke, and she hoped she would get there in time.....

Chapter 5.
[/b]

it only took me a few minutes to pack up my stuff into a rucksack, as i didn't really have that much stuff, i never did. i left my cell phone on the coffee table, so that if for some reason someone did come looking for me, they wouldn't be able to trace me. not that anyone would come looking for me, i thought to myself, it's not like anyone really cared about me anyway here. looking round my apartment for the last time, i double-checked that i hadn't left anything behind and i walked out the front door, locked the door and left the keys under a pot at the front door, for whoever would be living there next.

within a few minutes i was back in my car, with my rucksack in the trunk. just as i was turning the corner i saw a familiar car coming to a stop outside my former apartment. i didn't stop, after all there was no guarentee it really was her car, it was just a similar car, i couldn't actually see who was driving it. after all if she didn't want to meet me earlier when i needed it, why would she come looking for me now? out of guilt? i didn't need that if that was the reason. i couldn't believe that it had taken me so long to realise that she was just like the few other people i had trusted in the past. like the others she didn't really care about me or want to help me out, she was just pretending, just like everyone else. at least now she no longer had to do that. she could move on with her life, and i could disappear again.

Sara pulled up outside Brooke's apartment, turned the engine off, locked the car and walked up to the door. she knew where Brooke kept the spare key, so she found it and let herself in to the building, and walked up to Brooke's apartment and let herself in. the first thing she noticed was that it was very quiet. and then she noticed Brooke's cell phone on the coffee table. "oh no", she thought to herself. "Brooke!" Sara kept calling out, "Brooke? Brooke, are you here?" Sara started walking quickly round the small apartment, but she already knew that Brooke had gone. what was worse was that since she had left her cell phone there was no way to trace her, she didn't even know what car Brooke had, and boy was she kicking herself or that now.

she didn't want to, but she knew now that she had to officially report Brooke missing, she had no choice now, and she was really starting to worry about her.
"Hey Jim, it's Sara. listen you know earlier how i said i didn't want anything official, and that i'd find Brooke and talk to her on my own? well, i've changed my mind i need all the help i can get on this one. she's left her cell phone at her apartment and all her stuff has gone, she's run again."
"ok Sara, i'll get right on it, just remember if she doesn't want to be found, we might not be able to do anything."
"i know Jim, but i've got to try. the security cameras at PD might have got a shot of her when she was there earlier, so print it and get it circulate it, in the papers, on the news, just get it circulated, the sooner we find her the better. Brooke's really good at disappearing, and if we don't find her soon we'll never find her, and i have no idea what she'll do next.
"ok, ok Sara. i'll get right on it. why are you so set on finding this girl? you don't really know her."
"Jim i can't believe you just said that! she may legally be an adult, but really she's just a kid. she's got no-one else, and she reminds me of someone i used to know. i need to do this Jim. she needs to know that someone cares about her."
"ok, i'll get her picture out as soon as i can. you going back to the lab?"
"yeah i will do in a little bit. thanks Jim, bye." and then Sara hung up the phone, picked up Brooke's cell phone and walked out the apartment, leaving the key right where she had found it.

Brooke's car...
once again i was on the road. i had no idea where i was going, all i knew was that i had to leave. it wasn't exactly hard, but i guess in my heart i hoped that one day, i would find someone who truly cared for me, and that i wouldn't have to run anymore. i kept on driving with not even the radio to keep me company, it had stopped working a few weeks ago, and i hadn't gotten around to fixing it again. i made a note to myself that i would get it fixed as soon as i could.

back at the crime lab...
Sara headed straight for Archie and the AV lab.
"hey Archie, you haven't received anything from Brass or PD have you?"
"yeah i got an email with some video of this girl from Brass a couple of minutes ago. he said to go through all of them and find the best stills i could and get them circulated, and to let him, oh and you know when i do. has this got anything to do with the cell phone number you asked me to run a trace on earlier?"
"err, yeah. listen Archie, this is really important, so can you bet those images out as soon as possible please?"
"yeah sure. but who is she? i mean is she a suspect, or a person of interest or what?"
"she's a victim, kinda. it's just really important we find her. she's got a habit of disappearing and she's really good at not letting people finding and helping her."
"ok. wait here's a good one. oh my god, she's just a kid, what is she 15?"
"no she just turned 18, she just looks younger than she really is."
"yeah a lot younger. but maybe that will work in our favour. i mean we're circulating her image on TV and in the papers right? so we can print her name, but if we don't print her age, people will pay more attention, and look out for her due to how young she looks."
"Archie, you're a genius. but whenever we put out a missing person, we always print their age, so how are we gonna get around that?"
"we just print what we know, and leave out the fact that you know her. that's why it's so urgent isn't it, you're worried about her."
"yeah. listen once you get those stills printed out, send them to Brass, and TV stations. you know the usual places, just get her face out there. thanks."
"no problem, it's just my job."

Sara left Archie and made her way towards the break room, hoping that some of the team would be there, so she could fill them in on the most recent case. Catherine and Nick were in the break room when she walked in.
"hey guys, listen i need your help. you've wrapped up your cases right?"
"yeah why? where'd you go earlier? you just left."
"yeah i know, and Nick i'm so sorry for leaving you in the lurch, but you're about to find out why. listen i need your help with a new case, all of you and it's kinda urgent."
"a new case? Grissom hasn't said anything?" said Catherine.
"yeah that's because Grissom doesn't know it's official yet. when i left earlier i told him it was unofficial and i din't want an anything official, and that i could handle it myself. but i was wrong, so i called Jim and told him to make it official. Archie's sending her picture out to the papers, TV stations and the cops now. but i still need your help."
"who is she Sara?"
"her name's Brooke, and she's on the run. not becasue she's in trouble with the law, but because it's all she knows how to do. i let her down earlier, and she took it the wrong way, and now she's taken off. i asked Archie to trace her cell phone earlier so i could find her, but by the time i got to her apartment, the little stuff she had was all gone, and her cell phone was sitting on the coffee table."
"Sara, how do you know this kid?"
"i met her a couple of years ago, and we talked, and kept in touch. i had no idea how bad things were until she finally told me a few months ago, so i helped her move here to Vegas, and got her an apartment, and told her i was here if she ever needed to talk. i promised her i'd always be there for her. i was meant to meet up with her yesterday, but due to the case Nick and i had, i was running a bit late, so i rang her and..."
"wait, that was who you were on the phone to yesterday? Brooke?"
"Yes Nick, and she took it the wrong way, and thought i'd just been lying to her, and she hung up and stormed off, and i have no idea where she went. Cath, Lindsey's a teenager right. if she was in trouble and had run away wouldn't you want to look for her?"
"of course i would, but Sara Brooke isn't your daughter. why are you so intent on finding her?"
"because i promised her i'd always be there for her, and to tell you the truth she kinda reminds me of someone i used to know. you guys, she's got no-one else, and now she thinks she doesn't even have me."
"ok. what do you want us to do?"
"Cath, i need you to go home and get Lindsey and bring her here, and Nick i need you to tell the rest of the team, and then go and see Archie and get Brooke's picture from him."
Nick just nodded and left leaving Catherine and Sara alone.
"Sara, why do you need me to bring Lindsey here? she's a teenager."
"exactly, so maybe she could give us some ideas on where Brooke might go."
"ok, i'll go get her, i'll be back soon. and Sara, we will find her ok."
"thanks Cath, i hope so. i'll never forgive myself if i can't make her believe i'm not like everyone else in her life."
"Sara, we'll find her. shouldn't you go and tell Grissom what's going on? he'd want to know that it's official now."
"yeah i think i will, thanks Cath, let me know when you and Lindsey get here. i'll meet you in the break room.
"ok, bye Sara, see you in a bit."
"bye Cath, and... thanks."

catherine left the break room and headed towards her car parked in the underground car park, and then headed home to pick up Lindsey.

Sara menwhile headed towards Grissom's office to inform him that there was now an official investigation to look for Brooke, and just to talk things through with him. and hopefully try to stop herself feeling do guilty for letting Brooke down.

TBC...?   :)

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 09:42:23 PM by Destiny062 »

Billyjorja

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 06:37:50 AM »
TBC...?   

Need you ask!!!!!

Trish

Destiny062

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 01:53:12 PM »
previously...
catherine left the break room and headed towards her car parked in the underground car park, and then headed home to pick up Lindsey.

sara meanwhile headed towards Grissom's office to inform him that there was now an official investigation to look for Brooke, and just to talk things through with him. and hopefully try to stop herself feeling guilty for letting Brooke down.

Chapter 6.
[/b]

Sara knew that Brooke, may legally be an adult, but in many ways she was still a kid, and no-one should feel as if there was no-one who would be there for them no matter what, especially a kid. Sara knew that Brooke never really was a kid, she never got to do things that other normal teenagers got to do, she had to grow up very quickly, and as a result felt she had no-one. no-one to look out for her, or talk to her, or just let her be herself. "no-one that is until she met me" Sara thought to herself "way to screw things up Sara, great job."

Sara looked into Grissom's office, and there he was, completely absorbed in whatever he was doing, he didn't even look up when she knocked on the door. so she let herself in saying "hey Griss."
grissom suddenly looked up, surprised to see Sara there. "hey Sara, how long have you been standing there?"
"not long. i knocked but you musn't have heard me. you reading about bugs again?"
"sorry. are you ok?"
"yeah, kinda. listen i just wanted to tell you that there's now an official investigation into Brooke's disappearance. the guys are helping me to try and find her. don't worry they wrapped up their cases, so you won't have Ecklie on your back, even though i know you like fighting with him." Sara smiled.
"i thought you didn't want an official investigation? what changed?"
"i didn't. but i went to her apartment to talk to her, you know, but she'd already left by the time i got there, all her things were gone, and she didn't have that much stuff to begin with, and she'd left her cell phone on the table. i just..."
"Sara it's ok. we'll find her. listen did you give her cell phone to Archie? maybe he can find out if she's been calling anyone else. you never know she may have made a friend(s) while she was here."
"i already looked through her phone. my number is the only one on it, and the only one in her call history. but i gave to him anyway, you know just incase she erased something. i doubt she did, but you never know"
just then her pager went off. she took it out her pocket, looked at it, and then raised her head back to grissom. "that was archie, nope, nothing, zilch, nada. i guess i should have expected that. where could she be griss? i ... we ... we need to find her."
"i know and we will, i promise." then he gave her hand a comforting squeeze.

at Catherine's house...
catherine was just pulling up into her driveway, hoping that Lindsey was home, and not sleeping over at a friend's house. to the best of her knowledge she wasn't meant to be at a friend's tonight, but you never knew with teenagers, they had a habit of changing things st the last minute.
entering the house, she called her daughter's name. "Lindsey.... Lindsey.... Lindsey you here honey?"
after getting no answer, she walked up the stairs to her duaghter's room to see if she was there. she knocked on the door "Lindsey? you in there hun?" she opened the door, only to find her daughter was on her laptop, with her ipod plugged into her ears and the music turned up to full volume. "no wonder she didn't hear me" Catherine thought to herself. she walked over to her, and gently shook her to get her attention.
lindsey looked up "mom? geez you scared me."
"sorry hun, but you didn't answer me, and now i know why" she said smiling.
lindsey stopped her music, and took her earphones out. "ok mom, what's up? did you finish work early or something?"
"well hello to you to. actually i need to get back to work, but i kinda need your help."
"with what?"
"well, we sorta have a case at work, and it's sorta complicated, but it involves a teenager, and well you're a teenager so i was kinda wondering if you wanted to come back to work with me and help out."
"so you need a teenager perspective. things must be bad if you're asking teenagers for help now. hang on, it doesn't involve a dead body does it?"
"no, it doesn't involve a dead body. so does that mean you'll help? come on Linds, Sara would really appreciate it."
"wait, i thought this was your case?"
"well i'm helping Sara with hers. please Linds?"
"ok, but can i at least take my laptop and ipod with me, so i've got something to do after i help you guys out?"
"yeah sure. you can go in the break room, or my office, you won't be too distrubed then."
"you mean, i won't get in the way?" lindsey said with a knowing smile on her face.
"linds i was trying to be nice. ok, let's go."
once lindsey had packed up her laptop and power cable, and ipod, they walked back down to the car, and Catherine drove them back to the lab, and after a while catherine had parked the car, and they were walking back to the break room to meet up with Sara.

in the break room...
Sara was having a cup of Greg's Blue Hawaiian coffee, not that he knew that. and after the day she had she needed the coffee to keep her awake. after a few minutes Catherine and Lindsey walked in.
"Sara, we're back."
"oh hey cath, hey lindsey, you ok?"
"yeah, Sara i'm fine thanks. listen mom said you needed my help with a case or something?"
"yeah i do. did she tell you anything about the case?"
"no all she said was that it didn't involve any dead bodies, she wasn't lying was she?"
"Lindsey!"
"what, mom, i'm just checking"
"no Lindsey it doesn't involve any dead bodies. it does involve a missing teenager. she's eighteen, but i still reckon you could help us."
"yeah sure, what can i do"
"cath, can you go and ring Jim, see if he's come up with anything, and then check on the guys, see if they've got anything yet. i wanna talk to Lindsey, fill her in."
"yeah sure, call me if you find out anything?"
"yeah i will, you too ok?"
"sure, ok i'll see you both later."
"bye mom. ok so what's up. i don't think i've ever seen you guys like this over a missing person's case before."
"true, but those missing person's have all been kids. Brooke is technically an adult."
"so why are you so worked up? and what can i do to help?"
"well she may be eighteen, but she doesn't look it, and she doesn't have anyone in her life to help her out, well apart from me, so it makes it really easy for her to just disappear. not like you, you have your mom, and all of us. she has no-one Lindsey, and i let her down."
"Sara it's gonna be ok, we'll find Brooke right? that's her name?"
"yeah. we can't trace her cell phone because she left it behind, and the only number she's got on it is mine. god, how did i let this happen?"
"it's not your fault. listen if he left her cell phone, it's probably because she knew you could trace it right, i mean she knew what you did for a living. so the first thing she'll do is buy a new one, but she won't buy it here. i'll bet she'll buy one somewhere else, somewhere she can't be traced, and she'll probably pay cash. how much money has she got?"
"i don't know, i mean i know she saved up loads of money and brought it with her when she left the first time, but i don't know how much she has now. probably not much, why?"
"well what do you do when you don't have money and need it? you get a job, but she knows she can't get a job here in Vegas, but i doubt she'll have run too far.... hang on, what do you mean when she left the first time?"
"she ran away from home a few months ago. she felt like her parents were taking her for granted, so she left and came here. i'd met her before she came here, which was why she came here in the first place, i was the only person she knew, and i'd already told her to call me anytime."
"so how'd she get here? i mean did she get a bus, or train or did she drive?"
"drive, oh my god her car. but she's probably ditched it already, and anyway i have no idea what car she drives."
"seriously?! you don't know what car she drives? how can you not know that?"
"i never saw her car. wait if she drove to PD when i was meant to meet her, they might have a shot of her car on PD CCTV. Lindsey, you're a genius!"
"can i get that on tape please, or better yet tell my mom that will you? thanks."
"hey linds you coming?"
"really? ok sure."
"good, we'll try Archie first. brass sent him some footage earlier, so you never know there might be a shot of it already here, and if not, well i guess we're going to the PD."

Sara and Lindsey left the breakroom, and went to the AV lab, to see if Archie had anything.
"hey Archie, this is Lindsey, catherine's daughter. listen she had an idea on how we could possibly find Brooke. go on Linds, tell him."
"ok, here it is. Sara said that Jim sent you some footage earlier from the PD CCTV, so i was wondering she probably drove to get there right? and since we hit a dead end with her cell phone, so i thought we could possibly trace her car. so do you have any footage of outside PD?"
"erm, i don't know i can check, hang on a sec." Archie flicked through all the footage that Brass had sent him earlier. "ok here we go, this is from a camera that points outside. look i'm not promising anything ok, there might not be a shot of her car on camera."
"i know that, but it's worth a shot isn't it? come on Archie this is the only lead we've got at the moment. please?"
"ok, ok. listen why don't you guys go get a cup of coffee or something, and i'll page you if i find anything, ok."
"ok, thanks Archie. come on Linds, you drink coffee right?"
"are you kidding me? how do you think i get through early morning classes?"
Sara laughed. "come on let's go. there's a diner not too far from here. why don't you text your mom so she knows where we're going, and doesn't freak out, kay?"
"ok"
after lindsey had texted her mom to let her know where she was going, they climbed into Sara's car, and drove the five-ten minute journey to the diner.

TBC?    :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 09:42:57 PM by Destiny062 »

trishj

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2009, 03:48:06 PM »
Interesting in how you write from the first person point of view, I do not think I have read others like it.  Good job.

Billyjorja

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 06:27:22 AM »
Good chapter and yes more please.

Destiny062

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 07:52:26 PM »
hey everyone, am really sorry i haven't updated in a while. i did originally write this chapter a few weeks ago, but unfortunately when i posted it i got logged out for some reason ... stupid computer lol. anyway sorry for the wait but here is the next chapter ...
hope you like it...

previously......
after Lindsey had texted her mom to let her know where they were going, they climbed into Sara's car, and drove the five-ten minute journey towards the diner.

Chapter 7.
[/b]
about ten minutes later Sara pulled in to the diner, parked the car, and both she and Lindsey got out and walked into the diner.
"Linds you want coffee?"
"did you really just ask me that question?"
"i'll take that as a yes then?"
"erm yeah, make it a mocha though, i'll grab us a table."
whilst Sara ordered and waited for the coffee that they desperately wanted, Lindsey managed to find an unoccupied booth by the window, in a quieter part of the diner, so that they would be able to talk and hopefuly not receive many interruptions or be overheard.

a few minutes later Sara walked over two coffees in hand.
"here you go, one regular mocha coffee."
"thanks, i'll pay you back, or buy the next one or whatever."
"Linds, it's fine. you don't have to do that. this is on me. besides you are kinda doing me a huge favour here by helping me find Brooke. so unless Archie can find a lead on her car we're stuck. you have any idea where she might have gone?"
"ok. well why don't you tell me a bit about her? what's Brooke like? i mean does she have anybody she can talk to if things got too much, or any friends that could be helping her?"
"not really. i mean i was the only one she would talk too. i told her that she could always talk to me no matter what, day or night i'd be there ................ and i let her down. that's how all this started. i was running late so i couldn't meet her, and she thought that i was blowing her off, and before i could explain she took off, and well you know the rest.........."
"ok. so she thinks she's alone in the world. i'm guessing her family is out of the picture, and she has no friends apart from you, who she believes she doesn't have any more either. so basically she could go anywhere, and nobody would know who she is. can you say needle in a haystack?"
"i know ok i know. Lindsey i need to find her ok."
"yeah i got that the first couple of times you said it. listen she probably hasn't gone too far at the moment, and if her car has a GPS tracker, all we have to do is find her vehicle registration number, and enter it into the tracker system and we can follow her."
"yeah but we don't know the make or model of her car, let alone the registration number. so we still have to wait on Archie for that. ok listen put yourself in her shoes, where would you go?"
"quite a way away from here, so she'd definitely be driving a lot, and you said she didn't have much stuff, and that she felt as if she was invisible, so she'd easily go unnoticed. i guess i'd wanna go someplace brand new, somewhere i'd never been before so i could start my life over. how much money did you say she had?"
"not much i don't think, i mean i know her parents hadn't given her any money in a while, and she quit her part-time job when she came to Vegas, and i don't think she got another one. but if she did it would probably be cash in hand coz idon't think she had a bank account. i can probably get one of the guys to check that out for me."
"you've got Brass and all other cops in Vegas circulating her picture right? so why don't you give it to neighbouring cities, maybe the TV stations? oh and definitely check out local diners coz she'd probably be hungry by now, and she's gotta stop somewhere to eat right? i mean i would if it was me.
"yeah. Brass is probably already onto that bit. i told him i wanted her face out there as soon as possible. she couldn't have got that far right?"
"listen i'll call my mom, see if she or the guys have found anything useful yet, while you phone Archie, see if he's got anything on Brooke's car, who knows maybe we'll get lucky? oh and Sara?"
"yeah?"
"don't give up hope or give up on her yet ok? we're gonna find her, she's gonna be ok. oh and could you get me another mocha coffee please, oh and a doughnut, i'm getting kinda hungry. thanks."
"sure, i'll be right back. and thanks Lindsey. you know, you're becoming more and more like ypur mother every day. believe me that's a good thing. me and your mom haven't always been close, but she's been there for me in the past, and somehow she always knew the right thing to say. you've obviously inherited that quality from her too."
"thanks. and you're welcome."

sara left the booth where they were sitting and went up to the counter and ordered two more coffees. whilst waiting for them, she called Archie, only to be disappointed with the news that he hadn't found anything yet.....

meanwhile in Brooke's car....
i was trying not to cry as i continued driving down the road out of Vegas, out of the place that had been more of a home to me than my own parents house. how screwed up is that? there was and is a reason i don't let people in, but for some reason i had let Sara in believing she was different. i should've known better i told myself. i should've known. nobody really cares about me. but at least now she can get on with her life, without me dragging her down or holding her back, or interrupting her life. it's better i leave. i can make a fresh start of my life, maybe achieve something, and feel good about myself again. who knows maybe i'll come back to Vegas one day?

i took one hand off the wheel, and wiped the last remaining tears from my eyes, and closed them, just for a second, but that's all it took.....
one second.......

TBC?  :)   
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 09:43:40 PM by Destiny062 »

Billyjorja

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2009, 05:56:13 AM »
TBC? - YES YES.

Lovely chapter.

Trish

dyneemo

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2009, 07:56:26 AM »
Keep going....

Destiny062

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2009, 03:42:48 PM »
have finally finished my two coursework essays!! yay! so here you go, here's the next chapter...

previously...
i took one hand off the wheel, and wiped the last remaining tears from my eyes, and closed them, just for a second, but that's all it took......
one second.........

Chapter 8.
[/b]

i don't even remember what happened. i don't know whether that's a good or a bad thing. to be honest i don't think i ever will. maybe it's a blessing that i don't remember, or maybe it's a curse. i will never remember how it happened. i remember driving my car, and taking a hand off the wheel, and wiping tears from my eyes, and the next thing i know i'm on the side of the road, and no idea how i got there.

i'm not exactly sure where i was heading, i still don't. all i know is that i have to get out of here, i have to start again. and it will take a hell of a lot longer now that my car has gone. maybe i'll get a new one, i don't know how, but i will. i loved that car, but it's time to move on, leave the past behind....

the diner....
"sara sidle. hey Archie what's up?"
"hey Sara. listen i've got good news and bad news, which one do you want first?"
"the good news. i could really do with it right now. did you find her?"
"well, yes and no."
"what do you mean? come on Archie, just tell me"
"well, good news is i managed to find her car, and get a read on it from the GPS tracker...."
"you did? that's great where is she?"
"well that's the thing. i found it, and i was following it, but then i kinda lost it. i'm sorry."
"how'd you lose it? do you think she disabled it herself?"
"no, i know she didn't there's no way. you see the thing is, she never stopped so she couldn't have disabled it..."
Sara interrupted "so if she didn't disable it..... oh no..."
"yeah, listen i'm sorry. look i'm sure she's ok. listen i'll send you the co-ordinates of where i lost the signal, she can't have got far"
"thanks Archie, guess i better get moving then. Bye"

Lindsey saw the look on Sara's face during her call and after she had hung up. she knew something was wrong.
"Sara, what's happened? was that Archie? what did he say?"
"Brooke's in trouble. we have to go. now."
they quickly left the diner, and got back into Sara's car, and started driving towards where Brooke's GPS signal from her car had suddenly gone......

TBC?
(will continue with this chapter soon)
 :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 09:45:03 PM by Destiny062 »

trishj

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2009, 07:03:02 PM »
Doing a good job

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2009, 10:59:02 PM »
Great chapters! Keep going!