Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Fog  (Read 69910 times)

lad1982

Re: Fog
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2008, 03:14:03 PM »
This chapter still is not finished, but here's what i got so far.

chapter 39 continued

The next morning

Sara and Gil woke to the smell of fresh coffee and breakfast.  It was 9am; they had plenty of time to see the sights that Gil had planned for the day.

Gil grabbed a shower while Sara checked on Aaron, who was surprisingly up and dressed.  She waited in her room until the bathroom was free.  She blushed when Gil emerged with a towel wrapped around his waist; he gave her a devilish grin.  Sara quickly picked her clothes up and went into the bathroom to get ready.

After breakfast they all climbed into the SUV, for a day packed with fun and adventure.

They started the day at Muir Woods, they hiked through the woods for just over an hour, stopping and looking at all the different insects they could find.  Gil was taken back with the knowledge that Aaron had about the insects. 

Their next stop was Alcatraz Island.  They departed from Fisherman?s Wharf.  After about 2hours they made there way to Nob Hill and then to Chinatown.

On the way back home Gil pulled into the Golden Gate Park, to update his photo collection.

Aaron and Drew raced towards the playground leaving Gil and Sara strolling behind.

Sara looked over at him and smiled.  For the first time since she came back into his life, Gil could see how happy and alive she was.

He reached for her hand she trembled when they connected.  Gil pulled her closer, put his arm around her waist and slipped his hand into her back jeans pocket.  Sara leaned into his shoulder.

?I?ve missed this.?

Gil kissed the top of Sara?s head. ?Me too.?

They found a bench to sit on and watched their son wear down his Uncle.

On the way back to the car they stopped for ice cream.

During the car journey home it was decided that Gil was cooking while, Andrew and Sara went to her house to fetch some more belongings.

Sara?s House

Andrew parked his pick-up on the drive, and followed Sara into the house.  Aaron had tagged along so that he could decide on which collections to take back with him.

?Where do you want to start??
?Um?guess with packing some more clothes.?

Andrew went to the hallway closet and retrieved two suitcases.  He put one in Sara?s room and took the other to Aaron.

Sara had packed half of her clothes and put in a couple of photo albums.  She closed the case, took another look around her room and put the case by the front door.

By the time Andrew and Aaron came out, Aaron had crammed his case with nearly all his clothes and had 3 boxes full of books, toys and all 15 insect collections and his ant farm.

Andrew?s House

With diner in the oven and 15 minutes left, the table was set; Gil was upstairs looking for a small package.  He didn?t hear the others come back.

Andrew put the cases and boxes in the garage.  Sara and Aaron went upstairs to freshen up before diner.

?What have you lost??

Sara startled Gil.

?Oh?hi?I didn?t hear you come in.?

?So, what have you lost??
?Nothing.  It will keep.?

?I?m going to check on diner.?  With that Gil went to the kitchen.

After diner, Sara and Aaron took Bruno for a walk.

Gil and Andrew did the dishes.

?Andrew, could you look after Aaron tomorrow night??

?Sure Gil.  May I ask why??
?I would like to take Sara out to diner, just the two of us.?
?What time are you going and where??
?About 8pm and to a place I know on the Sea Front.?

sixtyplus

« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2008, 03:38:14 PM »
good update please continue again soon :)

GSR-NANI

« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2008, 04:10:18 PM »
Today is the first time that i did read a fanfic at fanfiction.net and your story is the second,i did like continue again soon!

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2008, 08:30:26 PM »
great ud! continue soon!

RusCSI

« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2008, 04:08:56 AM »
That's great... Sorry that caught new update up so late... I learned bank's study, just an introduction, it'll be until this New Year. Please, update soon.
H

lad1982

« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2008, 03:12:40 AM »
Finaly finished this chapter yay.  Enjoy.

chapter 39 continued

Sara?s Room

Gil was laying on the bed reading, when he heard Sara, Aaron and Bruno return.  There was a knock at the door.

Aaron entered.

?What can I do for you son??
?I came to say goodnight.?  Aaron stood in front of Gil with a raised eyebrow.
?Is there something else??
?Um?can you read to me??
?Of course, get ready and I?ll be there in a bit.?

Aaron scampered to his room.  By the time Gil got there he found Sara sitting on the bed with Aaron laying on her asleep.

?He tried to stay awake.  Been a busy day for him.  As soon as he laid down he was out like a light.?
?You look exhausted.  I?ll stay with him for a bit in case he wakes.?
?Thank you.?

Sara carefully got up not to disturb Aaron.  She walked up to Gil and kissed him on the cheek and whispered in his ear.

?Thank you for today?don?t be too long.?

Gil smiled at her.

Ten minutes later

Gil was coming through the bedroom door, when he heard the shower stop.  He closed the door behind him and got changed for bed.  He couldn?t help but look through the crack in the doorway.  He spied something intriguing on Sara?s lower back as she dressed.

Gil was lying in bed staring at Sara as she joined him, with that inquisitive look.  Sara frowned at him.

?What is that look for??
?I was thinking about butterflies.?
?Oh??
?Yes, especially lilac coloured ones.?
?Really??
?Mmm, I think there is one around here somewhere.?

Sara blushed as she got into bed she laid against Gil.  He was stroking her side.  The electricity was becoming too mush for Sara to handle; she shifted and Gil stopped.  He pulled her into a tight embrace.  They stayed that way until they were asleep.

RusCSI

« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2008, 04:43:43 AM »
Spasibo [thanks]. Very interesting. Please, update soon.

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2008, 08:50:30 AM »
great ud! continue soon

GSR-NANI

« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2008, 10:04:19 AM »
Thank you,continue soon!

lad1982

« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2008, 08:30:22 AM »
I'm still working on this but here is the first installment for chapter 40.

Chapter 40 ? A Night Not To Forget

As it was Sunday and nothing had been planned the whole household had a deserved lay in.

Sara and Aaron spent the rest of the morning and afternoon catching up with Andrew.  Gil had decided he needed a new shirt for an up coming meeting he forgot about.

Gil returned with four packages.  He was please the others where still out.  He took the boxes to Sara?s room and unpacked them.  He hung his new suit and the other items.  He hoped Sara would like them.

Grissom was franticly looking for a small box, the one he picked up a few days ago in Vegas.  He went through both of his bags throwing all the contents on the floor but no luck.  He went out to the SUV and tore through that, but still no luck inside.  He went round to the back and opened the boot and started rummaging.  He moved his field kit out the way and still nothing.  It was only when he put his kit back into the boot, he opened it, thinking it would not be in there.  There it was lying on top.  He carefully open it, to make sure the contents was still in tack.

Gil quickly close the box and shove it into his pocket, when he heard a vehicle pull up behind him.

?What are you up to??
?Just making space for the extra boxes and luggage.?
?There?s a couple more in the back of the pick-up.?
?How was your morning??
?Productive.?

?I was thinking as it?s our last night here we could go out for dinner?Just the two of us??

?Sure, Drew is taking Aaron to the movies.  I guess I?d better go and find something to wear then.  What time are we going??
?In about 3 hours.?

Sara went into the house, followed closely by Gil.  She went upstairs and he went into the kitchen.

?Everything set??
?Yes, thank you for looking after Aaron Andrew.?
?My pleasure, I?m going to miss him when you leave.?
?You are more then welcome to come and visit anytime.?
?Likewise Gil.?

Two hours later

Gil had gone for a shower and to get ready for dinner.  Sara was tending to Aaron before he left with Drew for the movies.

With the boys gone, Sara went upstairs for her shower and to get ready.  She still did not know what to wear.

As Sara walked into the room, Gil looked over at her.  He had is collar popped, as he was putting on his tie.  Sara smiled at him; whenever he had his collar that way it made her go weak in the knees.

?I wont be long.?

?There?s no hurry, we have plenty of time.?

Gil had put Sara?s dress and other gifts in the bathroom, she still hadn?t seen them.

The doorbell rang

?I?ll get it.?

Gil was gone before Sara had a chance to thank him for the dress.

As Sara was drying herself, she noticed a small box on the side; she opened it, smiled to herself and put the contents on.  ?I wonder what he has planned??  She thought.

Now dressed, she left the bathroom to find Gil and thank him.  As she stepped into the bedroom, she was greeted with a bouquet of roses and another box.

Gil stood in the doorway as she opened the small box.

Sara?s eyes lit up as she opened it.  It contained a white gold butterfly with a amethyst protruding from its centre.

Gil walked up behind her, he kissed her neck and placed the pendent around it.

?You look amazing!? He whispered.

Sara turned round and pulled him in for a kiss.

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2008, 09:00:48 AM »
So sweet! ud when you can

RusCSI

« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2008, 09:47:02 AM »
Thank you, Laura! I missed it. Please, update soon.
~H

sixtyplus

« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2008, 05:19:54 PM »
Good update please continue again soon .

lad1982

« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2008, 06:47:40 PM »
chapter 40 continued

Golden Shores Hotel

Grissom had booked a private table at the Golden Shores Hotel out on the balcony.  The view they had was extravagant.  He had another surprise for Sara.

By the time they had got there, the sun had started to set.  Gil was waiting for the right moment to ask that burning question; he felt his pocket for the box.

One and a half hours later

With the meal finished and two bottles of wine later, the sun was in the perfect position for Gil to ask his question.  He took Sara?s hands and walked her over to the balcony.  She revelled in the view.

The sun was just touching the sea, behind the Golden Gate, its reflection bouncing on the waves.  Gil put his hands on her waist and kissed her neck, she smiled.  As they gazed out at the sunset Gil finally spoke.

?Sara Sidle, I love you so much.  Marry me!?

He felt her hold her breath, he turned her around and looked into those brown eyes, his heart melted.

He took the box out of his pocket, got on one knee and asked her again.

?Sara, will you marry me??

Her eyes started to well up.  She pulled him up off the floor and kissed him.  The kiss had more passion in it then their first. 

Gil led her into the hotel and to the room he had booked for the night.

RusCSI

« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2008, 12:45:03 AM »
They weren't married? "Because it was just a piece of paper they don't need"... Whoa, I like it. At least I thought they were. Gee. Please, update soon.
~H (not a Horatio, but...)