Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Fair and Final Warning  (Read 11310 times)

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Fair and Final Warning
« on: May 13, 2012, 09:48:41 AM »
The hallmark of this board is courtesy and civility.  Everyone knows the prime rule: there will be no personal attacks on other members.  There will be no rude or discourteous remarks about the characters or the actors on the show.

We have had serious breaches of this rule over the past few days and this is a surefire way to ruin a board.  I have come to the end of my patience and tolerance with it.  (There are several posts now on the board that should be deleted - I have no time to bother with them - the warning below takes effect at 10:00AM this morning.)

Fair and Final Warning - and pay strict attention to the word 'Final' - starting immediately if any of the moderators deem a post to be rude or offensive in any way, it will be deleted and the membership of the writer will be immediately terminated! There will be no process of appeal.

Old Fanatic/Anna
Live well; laugh often; love much

ProfessorBoh

Re: Fair and Final Warning
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 07:37:24 PM »
And I second the motion. If any of you want to raise your egos by having cyberwars with people THAT YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW take it somewhere else. This is for grownups not for children.

shadyguy3

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 07:50:15 PM »
I am right behind you Professor !

Billyjorja

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 06:53:59 AM »
I totally agree with the above comments.  I come to this board every day, don't contribute anything to the discussions on episodes because we are so far behing in the UK and I like to watch without any preconceived ideas.

I like the friendly atmosphere here not like some other boards I look at.

If you can't be nice and give constructive comments don't bother.

Offline Hooleo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 10:12:11 AM »
Obviously, I agree with Oldfanatic and the Professor.  We have discussed this together offline and will be watching closely in the future.  Deletions will occur if necessary.  None of us want to have to do that so let's all try to keep our posts friendly and on point.
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; the pessimist fears this is true. (James Cabell, "The Silver Stallion")

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 12:28:59 PM »
I do want to make one thing very clear: we are not placing any blame on any particular person at this point so I'm asking everyone, please don't take offense where none was meant.  It seems that a disruption of this sort flairs up every now and then and we mean to put a stop to it once and for all hence the warning.  It is incumbant upon everyone to be very careful how their posts are worded.
Live well; laugh often; love much