Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Old Fanatic  (Read 3809 times)

Offline Hooleo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Old Fanatic
« on: July 11, 2020, 09:38:36 AM »
Happy Birthday to our own beloved Old Fanatic today.  Would love to see a post on here from her letting us all know how she is doing during this trying time.
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; the pessimist fears this is true. (James Cabell, "The Silver Stallion")

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Old Fanatic
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 10:53:30 AM »
I did email Hooleo but letting you all know I'm still in isolation and no telling right now when the governor will decide to open the state.  Some restaurants are open with limited capacity and I'm hoping my hair salon will open before my hair gets down to my knees.  Another birthday - #95 - and still on my feet although using a cane outdoors most of the time for stability with my arthritic knee.  My son and d-i-l have been doing my grocery shopping and any other errands needed.  We renewed the registration on the car on line although it's only started to keep the battery from dying.  Also renewed my drivers license on line and it's good for 8 years which I figure is just about right.  I was thinking of closing down the Board because there are so few posts but Hooleo suggested keeping it open in case the cast reunion ever gets filmed so let us all hope that happens and soon.  In the meantime would enjoy hearing from more of you so please let us know how you are all doing!
Live well; laugh often; love much

Offline sarapals

• He's still wearing this shirt--2013!
    • View Profile
Re: Old Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 12:27:48 PM »
Happy happy birthday to the Captain of this Ship!

I check in more than I post-- and always happy to see my long-time friends show up here!!

Thankful that Anna has kept it going-- and happy that she is 95 years young!! Stay safe, wear a mask, wash your hands!

As for my state of Florida--we are not doing too good here. So stay away-- we are now "Pandemic Playground"...

As for my original birthplace of Louisiana, and New Orleans especially-- say a prayer for all the lives lost before anyone realized this virus had taken root among so many of the state's elderly and frail. New Orleans is doing better--actually did some very good things for the homeless population when the pandemic was blowing through the city like a hurricane.

Let's keep hoping for a CSI reunion! When I think of all the magic that's happened on screen (tv and movie), I believe CSI could film a reunion episode that would be fun.

Take care-- love to all!!

"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)