Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Corona virus  (Read 7243 times)

Offline Hooleo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Corona virus
« on: March 11, 2020, 03:23:04 PM »
Everybody be careful, especially you, Anna.  I have to admit to concern for myself. I'll be 73 in a few weeks and I have COPD so I'm doing lots and lots of hand washing! I always did wash my hands but it's become ridiculous how often I do it now!  ;D
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; the pessimist fears this is true. (James Cabell, "The Silver Stallion")

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Corona virus
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 04:22:30 PM »
I think we'll all wind up with chapped hands from washing them so much.  Daughter Vicki emailed me not to go to dinner with my group of friends, no grocery shopping, stay home from Mass - etc.  Well, can't really just become a hermit for the next 6 months.  But like Hooleo, and appreciate the stsrt of the topic, Julia, I too encourage all of you to be careful, take necessary precautions.
Live well; laugh often; love much

Offline sarapals

• He's still wearing this shirt--2013!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 12:07:07 AM »
Stay safe out there! Wash your hands when you return home. Use hand sanitizer when out and about, touching doors and hand rails. If you have a runny nose, it's not Corona virus. If you can hold your breath for 10-12 seconds, you don't have Corona virus.

Keep up with friends on the internet and telephone and ignore all that stuff about 'water will keep you from getting COVID-19' (it's not true!!)
"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 06:25:34 PM »
S-P - you know they are now finding the virus among younger people as well as the old and vulnerable.  This means you, too, must be very careful.  I hope you are able to work from home, not always possible with some jobs, I know. 

To all those who tune in to the Board, members or not, we hope all of you keep well and take all the necessary precautions.

Offline Hooleo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 02:13:10 PM »
I'm going into my second week of not leaving my condo.  I do need to go out though. If I do, I will be wearing rubber gloves and maintaining as much distance as possible from other people and keeping the trip very short. Of course, if my step daughter learns of what I plan, she'll be fussing at me like crazy!!
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; the pessimist fears this is true. (James Cabell, "The Silver Stallion")

dyneemo

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 12:07:08 AM »
Thank you to Hooleo for getting me back on!

I hope you're all safe and healthy and staying away from the masses!

I feel a CSI rerun day coming on!

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 10:36:31 AM »
Dyneemo,  Great to hear from you.  Hope you'll stick with us.

I, too, am homebound for the second week.  My son and his wife did my grocery shopping Monday.  All of my children and even grandchildren call or email to make sure I stay at home.  I did actually get out of the house yesterday - long enough to start the car to make sure the battery doesn't die!

It's being able to touch base with all of you that makes it possible not to go bumping into the walls.

Offline sarapals

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2020, 01:03:47 AM »
Hello Friends!!! Hope everyone is safe and healthy! WEAR A MASK!! (something to cover your face that's 3 layers!) And wash your hands!
I'm working every day-- as an essential worker for the state. We feel we are safe at work because NO ONE comes into the lab! We are not testing for COVID-19 but there are lots of other testing going on that we continue to do daily--like testing water so you have drinking water.
Here is an interview with Petersen yesterday (April 3)  https://670thescore.radio.com/media/audio-channel/mcneil-parkins-scorestories-with-william-petersen-jason-benetti-interview-hour-3

He talks about his kids, and the possibility of a CSI reunion and sounds excited that it might happen--but might not due to Hollywood being shut down like the rest of the world.

Stay safe!
"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2020, 11:49:39 AM »
S-P - glad you are okay and able to keep busy.  That was quite an interview and WP, as you said, seemed to be quite enthusiastic about doing a CSI reprise.  Would sure love to see it - and it would certainly give us something to get us back to what was our great discussions.  Hope it works out.

Like may of us, I am isolated; my son and his wife do grocery shopping as necessary and we made arrangements with Express Scripts to have all my meds delivered through them.  So other than finding something to keep busy with this forced inactivity I am doing well.  Thinking of all of you and praying we get through this quickly.

Offline sarapals

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2020, 08:52:37 PM »
We are still in this weird different world--and looks like it will go on for a while. I'm going to work every day but it is like a city-desert out here! Streets are empty and coming home is just weird--so few cars on the road. Our big celebration at work has been when my neighbor gave me a large sandwich cut bag of Bunny bread (Bunny is regional white-fluffy bread, possible more sugar than flour, but OH does it make a fine sandwich!!) We made egg salad and tuna salad and pimento salad sandwiches and you've have thought it was Thanksgiving!! LOL!

Y'all keep safe out there-- wear a face covering (3 layers) and wash wash wash your hands. Probably no need to wash down groceries--just wash your hands! This virus is not digestive--it is respiratory so cover your face and wash your hands. (Don't touch your face while around others!)

And we are going to be positive about this new CSI project that Petersen is excited about-- that would be fun!

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2020, 11:36:39 AM »
Wrote a while back that I wasn't going to become a hermit but that's just about what I did, what we all had to do for the most part.  Used to occasionally wish I didn't have to do something and could stay home; sure have changed that wish!  My son and his wife have been doing my grocery shopping and otherwise human contact has been the phone and email.  Went outside and walked around the house to smell the lilacs which are in full bloom, otherwise just reading and watching TV shows I never used to watch.

Hope you are all keeping safe, taking no chances.  Keep in touch.

Offline sarapals

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2020, 01:21:33 PM »
Isn't this a strange time of life? Reading is a good escape (I have yet to find anything on tv that keeps me interested!!) Two books about pandemics-- Pale Rider and Pandemic--- should anyone want to know even more about viruses and what happens!
Ann Cleves writes great mystery books about northern England and the Shetland Islands (two different series). She's the writer the tv series "Vera" is  based on.
Louise Penny is a Canadian writer who writes stories about a chief inspector in Quebec. Love her books.

Hope everyone remains safe and healthy! When your area opens up, wait at least 16 days before heading out to busy areas--and wear a mask!! 

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2020, 07:55:33 PM »
S-P - Funny, I'm reading an Ann Cleves right now.  Title - The Sleeping and the Dead.  As for TV, the Food channel has a couple that are interesting and also HGTV I think it is, haven't paid enough attention to which channel - has a couple of programs about gutting and refiguring the insides of homes for people, some who are thinking of moving and want the house redone before they decide and another with twin brothers, the ones who did the ring commercials, who also do restructuring.  Interesting what can be done to completely change a house.  And then there's always Jeopardy.

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2020, 10:33:56 AM »
Hope you're all doing okay.  Has the State started opening for any of you?  We are still shut down until June 1.  Even if we can start going out I guess we'll still be wearing masks for a while.

Offline sarapals

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2020, 10:28:41 PM »
I'm fine! Going to work every day. Think we will start testing blood for C-19 but not soon. Waiting for the right testing and so far, none are very good.
Florida is opening up-- but don't be a jerk and think its fine. We have an idiot for a governor.
Keep wearing those masks--keep washing hands--keep away from crowds (that's more than 8-10 people, IMO)