Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: CRIME Scene Investigation is set for an epic revival  (Read 9440 times)

Mirr

CRIME Scene Investigation is set for an epic revival
« on: February 12, 2020, 02:54:29 AM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10937573/csi-revival-original-cast-20-years/                                   

what do you think will it actually happen

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: CRIME Scene Investigation is set for an epic revival
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 09:57:44 AM »
The video is a scene from the movie.  Amazing none of the pictures showed Eric and they made a mistake including Gary as still being in the show after he left.  It would be a treat to see it again but I wonder how many of them would be willing to return, especially Billy.
Live well; laugh often; love much

Offline sarapals

• He's still wearing this shirt--2013!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 03:34:26 PM »
In December, on a FB fan page, Gina Cirone posted a comment "this may be happening" in response to a photo and comment about 20th anniversary of CSI pilot. If you know who she is, you know she'd know about talks...
"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)

Offline sarapals

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 03:38:48 PM »
I'm thinking Billy and Jorja return for a short scene-- a case moves from the ocean to Vegas--smuggling or something. Catherine, Morgan, Greg take over. Not sure Nick will return. And definitely won't see Warrick unless it's a flashback--but then he'd get paid and I don't think CBS wants to pay him!
"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)

Offline Hooleo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 03:18:53 PM »
Wasn't there another post recently basically saying it really is happening?
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; the pessimist fears this is true. (James Cabell, "The Silver Stallion")

Offline Hooleo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 03:25:02 PM »
As an addendum: I also just saw where Billy has started a new play. Doesn't mean he couldn't have already filmed his CSI role but hope it doesn't interfere with him being in a revival.
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; the pessimist fears this is true. (James Cabell, "The Silver Stallion")

Offline sarapals

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 12:09:10 AM »
Petersen's play is October-December--so practice might begin in September. Plenty of time to film a CSI reunion and have it air on the 20th anniversary in October!

Offline Hooleo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 02:09:28 PM »
Sara Pals - just love it that you keep up with all of this stuff. I depend on you for news!

Mirr

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2020, 07:36:36 PM »
https://deadline.com/2020/08/csi-event-series-csi-vegas-cbs-green-light-william-petersen-jorja-fox-to-return-star-new-team-members-cast-descriptions-1203007603/#comments

CBS’ CSI event series has been quietly moving forward, I have learned. William Petersen and Jorja Fox are in negotiations to star in CSI: Vegas, which serves as a sequel to the mothership CSI series, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. Casting is under way for four new characters who will join Petersen’s Gil Grissom and Fox’s Sara Sidle. Petersen also is expected to serve as an executive producer. Although CSI: Vegas has not been officially ordered, its filming is eyed to begin in the fall when COVID conditions permit for Hollywood production to safely resume.

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2020, 10:29:11 AM »
Mirr, Thanks for posting the link.  I just read the article and didn't know how to do that.  Certainly looks promising.  Hope the rest of our cast joins in.  What fun that would be!!

Offline Hooleo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2020, 01:43:05 PM »
It sounds like there will be a completely new cast but as long as Billy and Jorja are there, I'll watch and try to love the other characters!  Whee - happy happy about this.

Offline sarapals

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2020, 12:13:35 AM »
One of the news/entertainment reports (that I've misplaced) said the CSI reunion would probably come in 2021 because so little was being filmed in Hollywood.

I'm thinking Jorja and Petersen are the key to a new episode or limited series and if they sign on, some of the others will be added.

A few weeks ago, CBS reported how Tyler Perry was filming in Atlanta and doing it safely. The entire cast and crew were isolated during filming for 2-3 weeks. So if Tyler Perry can do it safely, the Hollywood powers that be should be able to do the same thing!

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2020, 11:17:58 AM »
2021 really sounds like a good time table since it just seems to be in the talking stage at this point.  I don't know anything about how TV shows or movies are made - just enough to know that scripts need to be written and rewritten, clothing settled on and fitted, locations scouted, etc.  It's already almost September (can't believe the year has gone so fast) so four months isn't enough time to get all of this done.  Plus as sarapals said safety arrangements made.

dyneemo

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2020, 09:22:14 PM »
I am all for a re-make but I don't want the GSR angst. Can't they keep Gil/Sara and just have them as a normal couple on the off-scenes? I'd love to see as many of our CSI cast as possible! But, I have to admit if they do the whole GSR angsty crap I'm out :(

Give me some good old fashioned CSI and (in the words of Linken Park) "leave out all the rest"

Dy

Susan

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2020, 01:39:20 PM »
Won't be watching.

Sounds like it's going to be Grissom, Sara, and a bunch of people I couldn't care less about.  That's not CSI to me.  What CBS has never realized is that once Miami came out CSI was  CSI: Vegas.  and CSI: Vegas isn't just Grissom and Sara.  It's Grissom, Sara, Catherine, Nick, Greg, Doc Robbins, Super Dave and even the lab rats (most of whom I couldn't stand!).

CSI is also using science to solve crimes, which needs to be what is stressed in the episodes.  The way they went about solving the crime is what pulled me into the episodes and got me to actually like the characters.