Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: February  (Read 5624 times)

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
February
« on: February 01, 2020, 01:42:05 PM »
Happy Ground Hog day tomorrow.  Just writing something mainly to get the Board back up.  Hope all is well with all of you.
Live well; laugh often; love much

Offline sarapals

• He's still wearing this shirt--2013!
    • View Profile
Re: February
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 03:35:18 PM »
Here in the deep south, we have had no winter-- plants from summer are still blooming.
"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)

Offline Hooleo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 03:20:27 PM »
No winter for us in Virginia either. Cherry blossoms will probably be in full bloom in a couple weeks.  I think they are predicting the 23rd as prime viewing time for them. That means spring is definitely here when they reach peak bloom.
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; the pessimist fears this is true. (James Cabell, "The Silver Stallion")

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 04:26:49 PM »
Mild here also, no snow, very few really cold days.  My daffodil bulbs mostly gotten eaten by squirrels or rabbits or something so out  of 100 bulbs planted a couple of years ago I had one tiny plant emerge with a bud a few weeks ago and now the bud is gone.  Bummer as I really like daffodils.  At least the tulips seems to still be thriving.
Live well; laugh often; love much

Offline Hooleo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 02:08:18 PM »
I have always loved tulips. When I was growing up I thought they were MY flowers because they always were blooming on my birthday.
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; the pessimist fears this is true. (James Cabell, "The Silver Stallion")