Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Character Screen Time Thread  (Read 140657 times)

CgrGrl

Character Screen Time Thread
« on: February 20, 2012, 05:54:45 PM »
As promised, I'm going to time character screen time so we can get a feel for how much each character gets.  I look at the clock at the beginning of each character's first scene.  The timing includes all screen time as well as the time it takes me to fast forward to the next scene.  I'll go from least amount to most.  The numbers are the minutes each character had for Seeing Red.

Brass - 0
Henry - 1
Hodges, Doc, and Super - 2
Greg - 7
Morgan - 8
Sara - 9
Vartaan - 11
Jules or Finn - 17
Nick - 19
DB - 21

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Character Screen Time Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 06:36:44 PM »
Thanks for doing this.  This was definitely Nick's episode even though DB outdid him by two minutes - not bad.  Are you going to try to find the time to do other previous episodes?  To be expected - each character's time will change depending on who is featured but it would be interesting to see how each one stacks up from one episode to the next.  It has to be time consuming though and that might be pretty difficult with a job and children to look after.
Live well; laugh often; love much

CgrGrl

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 07:02:14 PM »
Yeah, I plan to do this with every episode.  It really only took a couple of hours and watching Nicky fly by on the screen over and over again is just bonus.  I can't do previous episodes until they are repeated because I don't still have them, but they'll play again.

curious jorja

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 08:09:18 AM »
Yeah, I plan to do this with every episode.  It really only took a couple of hours and watching Nicky fly by on the screen over and over again is just bonus.  I can't do previous episodes until they are repeated because I don't still have them, but they'll play again.
This is great!  It will give us some objective input and maybe some of the characters' times will correspond with how much we liked that particular show.  I know I love the episodes with Nick and Sara, but if they don't throw in a little Brass, it's not the best day.  :P

dyneemo

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 08:22:19 AM »
Really interesting and great to see that Nick was right up there with DB...and the newbie, who I guess has to get a bit more exposure to get everyone used to seeing her. This is a really good twist on how we view the show...thanks for coming up with it!

Offline Hooleo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 08:50:52 AM »
That is really awesome, CgrGrl.  I would NEVER have the patience to do that, so thank you very much for doing it.  I was surprised at how many minutes the new girl was in it.  I didn't feel like she was on screen much at all - not sure what that says about her exactly.  I do remember thinking when Nick and Sara were walking down a hallway how very much I enjoy seeing them work together.  They just seem so comfortable with each other - almost as if they could finish each other's sentences.  I wish they could have more scenes together.

Again, thanks for doing this.
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; the pessimist fears this is true. (James Cabell, "The Silver Stallion")

CgrGrl

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 08:53:51 PM »
Screen time for Stealing Home -

Mitch - < 1
Henry - 1
Hodges - 2
Super - 3
Doc - 4
Greg - 7
Morgan - 12
Brass - 13
Sara - 15
Finn - 18
DB - 20
Nicky - 22

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 09:01:10 PM »
Another great one for Nick.  Although it may change over time, right now it's really good that Nick is getting the place he deserves with Catherine gone.

CgrGrl

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 09:04:00 PM »
Well, George is back full-time.  He was only working part-time during his father's illness.

dyneemo

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 01:17:51 AM »
That's good data, CgrGrl. Thanks for posting it. Looks like all of the team (save from Greg) got pretty equivalent time. And, it is nice to see Nick up there at the top of the screen time!

It reminds me, in a way, of that ridiculous show Dance Moms (trust me, it's horrible) where the kids have to earn the "top" of the pyramid every week; it seems like these characters are competing for the top of the pyramid and those who get shuffled to the bottom (aka less screen time) must have peeved off the writers! Not that this is what is happening; it's just what it reminds me of

I really like this info

wildflower

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 07:56:37 AM »
CgrGrl, i know you must be enjoying the Nick time.

Dyneemo, i saw that Dance Moms show one time and you know what it reminded me of? It reminded me of parents who push their kids into modeling. Whatever happened to just letting kids be kids? Don't these parents know or do they even care that when these kids grow up and look back on their childhoods they are going to realize that they never had a childhood. It was denied them. What a shame...

CgrGrl

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 10:56:25 AM »
I am enjoying the Nick time!   ;D  I missed him at the beginning of the season.  I understand why he wasn't there, but I missed him anyway.

CgrGrl

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 02:36:06 PM »
Screen time for CSI Unplugged -

Super - 1
Doc - 2
Hodges, Henry - 6
Greg - 8
Morgan - 9
Nicky - 12
Sara, Brass - 13
Finn - 14
DB - 27

I'll be doing The Two Mrs. Grissoms later today or tomorrow.

Offline oldfanatic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 03:19:22 PM »
We have to expect DB to get the most screen time most of the time but it's nice to see Nicky right up there close to the top with the others.

Sara should have the most time in TTMG; the rest of them should be bunched pretty close together.  It will be interesting to see how it really turns out.

CgrGrl

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 09:50:14 PM »
Screen time for The Two Mrs. Grissoms -

Super, Doc - 1
Grissom - 2
Hodges - 3
Greg - 5
Brass - 7
Ray - 8
Catherine - 10