Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Moderator  (Read 7615 times)

Offline Hooleo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« on: October 29, 2008, 03:48:29 PM »
Hi guys.  Anna has asked me to be the moderator on the Fan Fiction board.  So, much as I hate to do it, I'm asking that authors please tone down any sexual scenes.  Just remember that some of our board rats are pretty young and it could cause a problem if they are exposed to detailed sexual scenes on our board.

Thanks to everyone for their understanding.  (Now, you can throw tomatoes at me!)
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; the pessimist fears this is true. (James Cabell, "The Silver Stallion")

caz

Re: Moderator
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 04:28:44 PM »
caz throws the first tomato lol

will do, I understand :)

Offline Hooleo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 04:34:19 PM »
 :'(  SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT!!!!

Thanks.  I was sure everyone would understand.  I will say there are some really good writers on here.  I haven't actually responded about the stories I've read, but they are well-written and interesting!
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; the pessimist fears this is true. (James Cabell, "The Silver Stallion")

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 09:40:12 PM »
TOTALLY UNDERSTAND! GOT AN YOUNG ONE MYSELF!

csi_forever1

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 11:38:58 PM »
No problem.

That kind of writing isn't really one of my fortes anyways. :)

RusCSI

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 08:16:31 AM »
Ok. Maybe now I'm not a writer, but someday... I'll be following rules.

RusCSI (instead of signature)

CSI_Tamara

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 12:46:32 PM »
Thanks Hooleo.It whatever if you really want that in your story,OK.I'm more for case fan fics.

dyneemo

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 01:40:25 PM »
All I want to know is why we are throwing tomatoes at Halloween? Shouldn't it be jack-o-lanterns?  :o

It is nice to have a moderator; keeps everything in line and makes sure that everyone follows the same guidelines. Thanks for doing this for us, Hooleo.

I love the fanfic; I cannot seem to get enough of everyone's stories.

Thanks again for moderating!

CSI_Tamara

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 03:14:59 PM »
Dyneemo:I love pic and signature!

Offline Hooleo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 10:54:26 AM »
Just have to say - I never realized what great writers we have on this board.  I can't say I was thrilled when Anna asked me to be the moderator (I've read some really god-awful fan fiction), but I am thoroughly enjoying being required to read these stories.  They have been especially fun and encouraging to read after some rather depressing episodes on TV this season.

Keep up the great work and, remember, I'm watching you!! ;D

MADFOXZZ

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 05:29:19 AM »
Here is a question.  I have a few, we'll call them 'off color' fan fics on my livejournal. As such if I posted a clean (tv primetime appropriate) fic here, could I link people to my livejournal with the proper 'not for the young or faint of heart' warning so they could read my other stuff if they want? 

trishj

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 09:26:30 AM »
I understand about "young ones" too, that is why I offer to send "uncut" versions to anyone who asks.  I also make it quite plane that the board nor I can be held responsible if a minor gets hold of it, I mean after all we can't tell how old someone really is.  And if I ever over step the boundary's please fell free to nudge me back in them.

Offline Hooleo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 03:02:12 PM »
MadFoxzz, I have absolutely no idea how to do what you just suggested nor how much protection that offers our young ones.  So, I'll just say, as long as the scenes in the stories on our board stay PG, I'm fine with anything else you do.

Just glanced through a story that got a little detailed, so just a reminder, folks, don't get too graphic with your love scenes.  Keep the graphics on the FanFiction.net site, please.  Thanks.