Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: A Visit to Las Vegas  (Read 37026 times)

GSRLOVER34

Re: A Visit to Las Vegas
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2009, 07:24:20 PM »
Great chapter!

Grissom and Sara as mini van parents! lol

Offline sarapals

• He's still wearing this shirt--2013!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2009, 11:34:26 PM »
?Of course, Gil. You did not have to ask. Of course, he can stay. I need to figure out sleeping?we don?t have another bed downstairs. He?ll need toys; bring his favorite toys. A picture of his mother. Has he ever been away from his mother?? She paused briefly. ?Oh, Gil, he?ll miss his mom, I know he will. Where is he now?? He knew tears were in her eyes.

?I meet with the lawyers tomorrow?Sara, I could not refuse her request.?

She agreed, and after both asked more questions, laughed at their answers, they said goodbye. Grissom remained leaning against the barricade thinking about twins; Sara sat in her car making a list of needs for a little boy arriving in a strange house, her earlier apprehension and panic forgotten.

Sara quickly organized her thoughts into actions. A childhood in foster care had prepared her for a new child coming into her home more than pregnancy had prepared her for parenthood, she thought. She purchased a new blanket, a toothbrush, new pajamas, a book, and other things appropriate for a little boy in new surroundings. She found a solution for a bed in camping equipment?a temporary solution, but one that would work until they could buy a real one.

While retrieving her daughter, she shared her double news with her mom and the friends living with her. Sara, Grissom, and Bizzy had become a familiar and accepted addition to the quiet, secluded life of the religious community, and the happiness of the Grissom family added an additional level of joy to each individual. The prospect of not one, but three more children was cause for a celebration and food appeared within minutes. Shared concerns meant more minds at work and quickly, most of Sara?s were discussed, ideas shared, and, while everything was not settled, her uneasiness about the immediate future was lessened. The confidence and support they expressed buoyed Sara?s own belief that having Eli would add another layer to their lives. Warrick Brown had thought of Gil as the father he never had; this was repayment of Warrick?s trust.

?The next morning Grissom made one stop before meeting with attorneys and Tina. He was surprised when the little boy left his mother and took his hand. If there had been a teary goodbye, neither reverted to it as Tina left the room. Instead, the child looked at Grissom with wide green eyes and opened his hand revealing a small car. Grissom reached into his pocket and brought out a similar toy car. Will smiled. A small collection of belongings, including a car seat had been delivered to the outer office.

Grissom and Eli shared a meal at a chain restaurant familiar to all children. The little boy talked, using a vocabulary that surprised Grissom, but asked nothing about his mother. Obviously, he had been left in the care of adults before this or he was too young to be fearful in a new situation. Grissom called the lab, asking for Catherine.

When the two arrived at the lab, Judy, the long-term greeter and message taker of the CSI lab, met both with hugs and kisses. She had never met Eli, but knew immediately who he was.

?Catherine is coming?she called saying you were coming, but she didn?t say you had Eli.?

?That?s okay, Judy. We?ll let her be surprised.? Grissom said as he settled into a chair, took Eli into his lap and looked around. Catherine had not changed much since he left this place. Her office remained very work-centered, almost sterile, except for a few photographs behind her desk. Eli played with his cars, rolling one along Grissom?s arm, oblivious to any worry or concerns of the man who held him.  *7

The air moved around them, and Grissom knew without looking that Catherine had arrived. He did not attempt to stand as she swept into the room, talking on her phone, clipping words, passing orders to someone, until she was inside the office and saw who was waiting for her. Her words stopped and the phone dropped from her ear.

?Gil,? she whispered as she knelt on one knee, ?you have Eli.? She, too, had kept up with Warrick?s child, but always at a distance.

?I do.?

?Hey, Sweetie.? She touched the child?s face. ?You are one cute guy! How in the world did this happen? Tina has always been so?so uncooperative.? Catherine pulled a chair next to them. The boy looked up at Catherine and smiled. Her hand went to her mouth. ?Oh, Gil, he looks so much like Warrick.?

Eli handed one of the cars to her.

Grissom said, ?He?s going back with me, Catherine. That?s what the meeting was about?Tina has married a guy who is going to Asia?China?for six months. They don?t want to take Eli.? He shrugged. ?What was I supposed to do??

?She?s left him with you, just like that??

?Yes.?

?Does Sara know??

Grissom chuckled. ?Yes, she knows. You know Sara?she?s already in major prep mode.? His hand raked through the little boy?s hair. ?I don?t think Tina is coming back for him.?

?No, that can?t be true?how could she leave him like that??

?I saw it in her eyes. Today, when she left, she never looked back?how many parents can do that? She left a big duffle bag, a small suitcase, and a car seat. I think that?s everything he has.?

Catherine?s eyes filled with tears. ?How can a mother do that? To a child? It?s abandonment, Gil.?

?Not for six months. She signed temporary guardianship papers, and the attorney is adding Sara?s name to the paperwork. I?ll be the first one surprised if she returns. She?s planning a new start with a new man and doesn?t want the reminder.? He nodded to Eli.

The two old friends talked of the past, remembering the father of the child who had nestled against Grissom?s chest and dosed.

"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)

Butterfly114

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2009, 07:20:22 AM »
Proud of our Sara, she is going to make Eli feel welcomed and loved.
Touching chapter, update soon.

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2009, 08:23:21 AM »
Great ud!

I feel so bad for Eli.

Offline sarapals

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2009, 09:25:43 AM »
?His flight was on time; Sara waited at curbside with Bizzy in the back seat. Grissom appeared in a crowd looking like dozens of other parents overloaded with baggage, a sleeping child on one hip, and pushing a luggage cart.

?You made it.?

?We did. He went to sleep as we landed?before that, he talked a mile-a-minute. Do you think all three year olds do that??

Sara shrugged and smiled. ?I don?t know!? She had the car seat off the cart and into the car. She flipped it upside down and read installation instructions and quickly hooked the seat belt into slots, adjusted the seat, and stepped back. Bizzy babbled, watching her mother with curious eyes, seeing her father and squealing with delight, arms outstretched.

The adults talked to each other, to the baby, to the sleepy boy, both capable of multitasking. Grissom unbuckled his daughter and brought her out of the car into his arms.

?I?ve missed you, Bizzy Bee!? He said as little hands touched his face. He held her as he shifted bags into the back of the car. Sara was busy with Eli, quietly talking to him, asking if he was hungry or thirsty. Grissom reached for her, hugging her with his free arm. ?I?ve missed you too. How are you? Everyone sends their love. Are you okay??

She took the baby from him, saying, ?I?m fine, really fine.? She laughed. ?I still can?t believe all of this; one day at a time?I?m breathing!? She returned the baby to the car seat and dangled keys to him. ?Drive, please.?

Within minutes, both children were sleeping as they left the city and the couple talked quietly, hands intertwined. Occasionally, Grissom would bring her hand to his lips and attempt an apology for his absence.

After his third try, Sara stopped him. ?I?m fine, Gil. Really. The doctor wants to run more tests, an amniocentesis in a few weeks, but so far, everything looks good.? She nodded toward the rear seat. ?I think we have someone else to worry about now. I have a bed?one of those blow up camping beds?it will work until we decide what to do.?

?Where did you put it??

?Bizzy?s room. I wanted him close to us.?

He nodded. ?I didn?t get much out of Tina?and he hasn?t asked about his mother, not once. Is that normal??

Sara gave a sarcastic grunt, ?I?m not sure what is ?normal? when leaving your child for six months, Gil. He looks like a miniature Warrick.?

?Wait until he wakes up and starts talking. I took him by the lab?all the women cried, even Catherine.?

One more post to finish this one, enjoy!
"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)

Butterfly114

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2009, 09:50:33 AM »
ok I needed tissues for this one, written so tenderly, Grissom so happy to see his family, when Bizzy touches his face, it gave me chills.  Eli is now with a loving family.
Look forward to the next chapter

trishj

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2009, 10:10:56 AM »
I go along with Grissom, I don't think Tina is coming back either.  I know Eli will ne happy with his new family  and TWINS  how very cool.

sixtyplus

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2009, 05:07:18 PM »
Like other here I dont think tina will be back but eli will be fine with SARA and GRISSOM love the story and will look forward to your update :) ;D

Offline sarapals

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2009, 09:56:22 PM »
?Ants are remarkably clean and they keep their tunnels and chambers clean by removing waste to a disposal area. See how these are moving debris in one direction?? Grissom?s finger moved along the clear glass. ?And these are taking food inside.?

?It?s the orange we put in!? The green eyed little boy said as he watched the ants as intently as Grissom. His natural enthusiasm had his feet moving as he stood in one place.

Grissom leaned back in his chair and studied his audience of two. He held the dark-haired little girl who paid less attention to the ant farm and more attention to singing a few words she picked up from her dad. He knew she was absorbing every detail. Like her mother, she was capable of doing two or three things at once.

Eli?s finger traced a tunnel, fascinated with the progress of the ants. He had been in the Grissom home for two months and with each passing day had blended into the household until it seemed he had been there all his life. Sara had rocked the boy to sleep on the night of his arrival wrapping him in a soft new blanket with a fuzzy, stuffed animal in his hands. The next morning, she had carried him into their bed where he hesitated a few minutes before joining in the daily play ritual between parents and infant daughter. His young age or the comfort level of the two adults kept him from missing a mother, who called daily for ten days, then calls dropped to once a week. Every week, Grissom sent a photograph by email to the mother.

All three looked up as the door opened. Sara, flushed and slightly disheveled in a bright blue shirt, came into the room. She carried a basket in her arms filled with fruit, bread, and eggs. She toed her shoes off as she returned the gazes directed at her.

?What are you three discussing so seriously?? She asked.

Eli ran to her shouting a greeting as if she had been gone for hours. ?The ants are eating the orange!? She hugged him with one arm and let him take the basket from her.

The old back porch had been transformed in a short time to a bright, sunny playroom where everything was child size with the exception of two chairs. A long bookcase filled one wall and served as a place for books or as a ladder or as a place to nap when little hands pushed books to the floor. Cushioned stools, a table, a low bench, and toy bins lined the other walls. The ant farm was the latest arrival in a collection near the windows. Attached to one shaded window was Grissom?s trophy?a working beehive?separated by window glass much like the ant farm except larger, with bees constantly flying in and out of the tiny cylinder spaces. He had found the drawings in an old book and he and another beekeeper worked days to build this one. Sara put on a brave face and had learned to enjoy watching her husband and the two children as they talked about bees.

?You were quick.?

?Charlotte met me half-way. She is coming after lunch for these two.?

His eyebrow went up and she smiled?seductively, before saying, ?I think someone thinks we need some alone time.? She winked.

?His hand cradled her growing belly; two fraternal girls they had recently learned. ?You know you are extremely sexy like this.?

?I look like a cow,? she giggled. ?Growing bigger every day.?

?You are beautiful, Sara.?

The two children had been carried away a short while ago and their alone time began when she had called from their bedroom. He undressed her carefully, slowly kissing her as he removed each piece of clothing. His own clothes had been quickly tossed in a heap as he joined her in bed.

She framed his face with her hands and kissed him, beginning gently and moving into an urgent, deep, open-mouthed kiss that made him groan with desire. She could feel him pressed against her as he slid a hand down her spine, around her hip, and to the place where she was already aching.

She kissed and tasted him as his hands and lips played across her skin, the curve of her shoulder, to the place where her breast met her rib, and over her rounded abdomen. He rolled to his back and quickly positioned her to straddle his thighs as he stroked, caressed her, watching her face... She whispered his name in a choked cry as waves of pleasure rippled through her body. A delightful, dizzy feeling of satisfaction filled his body as heat from his actions spread to his chest, his arms, and erupted in the long, passionate kiss he gave her.

For some time, they wrapped together, dosing and waking in the tangle of sheets and covers.

?What will we do when there are four of them and two of us?? She asked.

She heard a low rumble form deep within his chest and his mouth began to tickle her ear as he said, ?Day care.?

She turned, meeting his mouth with hers, kissing him again, gently tugging at his lip before releasing her hold.

?You think she will not come back for Eli.?

Grissom had never voiced his concerns to her. ?I have doubts she will?I think she has intentions of starting over with a new husband.?

Sara snuggled against him as he wrapped covers around them. ?He?s safe with us.? She said. ?A child needs to be loved and know he has a home. And you need a son, a boy for company while I have three girls.? She laughed, ?Of course, you will have all four following you around watching ant farms and bee hives while I do laundry.?

?Well, fresh air and exercise is important.?

?Are you happy, Gil??

He smiled. ?Once I told you how happy you made me?do you remember that day? You were surprised I had never paid for sex.?

She nodded. ?I remember?there was a very warm swimming pool and an old man who quoted Longfellow.?

He wrapped both arms around her.  ?Loving you makes me the happiest man in the world; having Eli, Bizzy, and two more little bugs?I never imagined life could be this good.?

?Oh, Gilbert.? She kissed him, deeply, lovingly, with a heart filled with contentment.

A/N: We have a follow up to this one almost ready! Thanks for reading, and your kind comments!

Butterfly114

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2009, 10:43:54 PM »
When the twins arrive they are going to need a bigger bed for their morning ritual.
This was very enjoyable, always glad to read about Grissom and Sara so happy.
Look forward to the next one.

trishj

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2009, 10:09:43 AM »
very good as always  look fordward to the next one.  I know they will take good care of Eli should Tina not come back, some how I think Warrick would rather have Gil and Sara raise him anyway

caz

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2009, 02:31:18 PM »
As always another great chapter and story.

will be waiting for your next one :)

they just get better and better

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2009, 03:20:33 PM »
Great story!

Looking forward to reading the next one.