Board Rats Board

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Revelations  (Read 33964 times)

RusCSI

Re: Revelations
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2008, 10:35:36 AM »
sorry

i will have it posted over weekend, was too busy enjoying myself at weekend ;) and then i got iphone so been playing with that lol, i love it, i was reading a ff on bus last night haha

and now working late midweek, and with my team in champions league tonight well it will have to be weekend.

i know excuses but i will have it over weekend

Famous iPhone... Gee... I know, when I firstly got my cell phone, I downloaded many games and only played in it. They're in my cell phone, but I play only in Spyro on it... ;D

caz

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2008, 10:55:05 AM »
I know this has taken a while for me to post this but life got in the way, thanks to everyone who will continue to read.

CHAPTER 4

Grissom sat in his office 5 hours before shift started, he sat looking at the letter he had written at home, should I just leave it on his desk or hand it to him in person, Grissom thought as he sat back in his chair and smiled, he looked around his office, god I have a lot of packing to do, but I better get this letter to Ecklie, he thought as he folded the letter and put it inside an envelope, he closed it over stood up and walked out his office.

Ecklie was sitting at his desk when Grissom knocked on his door, ?Have you got a minute Conrad?? Grissom asked as he walked further into the room,

Ecklie looked at Grissom, ?you are early for your shift?? he said, then he noticed the white envelope in his hand,

?I?ve got a lot to do?, Grissom said as he handed Ecklie the envelope.

Ecklie took the envelope from Grissom and said, ?Sit down Gil?,

Grissom sat down across from Ecklie as he opened the envelope,

Halfway through reading the letter Ecklie looked up at Grissom and said, ?You could take a long vacation and rethink about this Gil?,

Grissom just stared at Ecklie then said, ?I don?t have to rethink Conrad, I?m leaving I have given you two weeks notice to get a replacement, I hope you will accept my resignation from today?s date?,

Ecklie continued to read the letter and when he was finished he put the letter down on his desk then looked at Grissom and said, ?Gil, we have had our ups and downs over the years and I have noticed a change in you over the last few months, but I would like to wish you all the best?,

Both men stood up and Ecklie held out his hand Grissom accepted it and they shook hands then Grissom turned to leave,

?Gil, I hope you and Sidle will be happy together?, Ecklie said,

Grissom turned and looked at Ecklie and said, ?Thanks Conrad, I?m sure we will?,

Grissom walked back to his office with a smile on his face, and closed the door behind him.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grissom looked at the paperwork on his desk, well I should really get some of this done, it wouldn?t be fare to leave it all to Catherine, I should really tell Catherine before I tell the others, Grissom thought as he looked at his watch.

?Gil what are you doing here? Catherine asked as she opened the door and saw Grissom standing in front of her.

Grissom just looked at Catherine and stepped into her house,

Catherine closed the door over and looked at Grissom,

?Gil you look as if you haven?t slept, come in and sit down?, Catherine said as they both walked into the other room Grissom sat on the sofa looking down at his feet,

?Gil are you going to tell me or have I to guess?, Catherine said standing in front of him,

Grissom laughed and Catherine sat down beside him, ?Gil for god?s sake you are making me worried?, Catherine said,

Grissom looked at Catherine and said, ?I?m leaving?, Grissom said

?Sara?, Catherine said

Grissom nodded, ?I can?t live without her anymore, I miss her so much?, Grissom said,

They both hugged and Catherine said, ?It took you long enough, when do you leave?? Catherine asked,

?Two weeks, I gave Ecklie the letter earlier?, Grissom said as he stood up,

?Was he ok, what about the others, when will you tell them?, Catherine asked

?He wished me and Sara well, I will tell the others tonight before shift starts, I have a few things to do first?, Grissom said as he hugged Catherine,

?I?m going to miss you?, he said

?Me too Gil, but I can always visit, and bring the others?, Catherine said laughing,

?Yeah Sara would like that, I better get going, I need to see Brass before Ecklie does?, Grissom said as he made his way to the front door,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grissom got back to his office he sat holding the phone to his ear,?Nick assignments will be given out in my office today, can you get everyone together when you come in please?, Grissom said, he didn?t give Nick a chance to say anything and hung up the phone.

Nick closed his cell phone over looking puzzled.

?You wanted to see me?, Jim said as he walked into Grissom?s office and closed the door,

?Sit down Jim, I have something to tell you?, Grissom said as Jim took a seat across from him.

?What?s happened Gil you look serious, did you speak to Sara, is she ok?, Jim said

Grissom laughed, ?No, I mean yes I have spoken to Sara and everything is fine?..to be honest Jim everything is more than fine, ?Grissom said

Jim looked at Grissom and said, ?You are going to go after Sara?,

Grissom nodded and said, ?You are always one step ahead, you found out about us before the others and now this, I leave in two weeks, could you keep Hank for a while, since you never brought him back after his walk?

?Well I saw you go into Ecklie?s office earlier with a letter in your hand, and I didn?t think it was a love letter, and Hank is no problem, we kind of grew attached to each other when I took him home, mind he does snore a bit loud, but we can work on that I guess? Jim said laughing

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grissom Catherine and Jim sat in Grissom?s office waiting on the others before shift,

?Nick called me earlier to ask why you wanted to see them?, Catherine said,

?I thought he might?, Grissom said just as Nick walked into the office with the others,

Greg, Nick and Reilly stood looking at the others,

?What?s happened?, Greg said looking at Grissom then to Catherine and Jim,

?I need to speak to you before shift starts, please have a seat?, Grissom said

The three sat down on the sofa, as Hodges came into the room, ?Judy said you wanted to see me?, Hodges said,

?Yes, can you close the door over?, Grissom said as he stood up, he looked round the room at everyone and smiled,

?I didn?t want you to hear this form anyone else as you know how stories get around?, Grissom paused and looked at Catherine, she smiled and nodded,

Greg whispered to Reilly told you he is ill, he has looked awful for a while

Grissom looked at Greg then continued, ?No Greg I?m not ill, Iv never felt better really, I just want to let you know I will be leaving in two weeks, I wanted to just slip away after my last shift but I thought I had to let you all know?,

?Sara?, Nick said standing up

Grissom nodded and smiled,

?Well it?s about time? Greg said standing up,

?Took you long enough?, Hodges said and everyone laughed,

Everyone shook Grissom?s hand and wished him all the best,

?We will miss you?, Greg said

?Funny Greg but I?m going to kind of miss you too?, Grissom said laughing

Reilly stood up and said, ?I know I haven?t known you long but it?s been good to work with you?,

?Like wise?, Grissom said,

TBC

I will try not to take so long for the next chapter lol

sixtyplus

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2008, 12:51:42 PM »
God i thought you had given up on this story ,glad you updated please continue again soon ;D

caz

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2008, 02:00:06 PM »
I no I always finish what I started LOL;)

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2008, 02:44:16 PM »
Its about time! It took me a few minutes of reading it, to remember what the story was about ,lol great ud! will be waiting for the next chapter!

RusCSI

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2008, 11:17:48 PM »
Thanks for update! I waited so long, please, update soon.
~H

Billyjorja

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2008, 05:44:13 AM »
Missed ya.  Great update.

Trish

caz

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2008, 08:16:13 AM »

I will try and do some of chapter 5 tonight

caz

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2008, 01:37:49 PM »

chapter 5 at last, I know, sorry for taking for ever with this and i have started chapter 6 you will be glad to know :)

Just after Grissom had told the others he made his way to the morgue as he walked in Doc Robbins was telling David one of his stories, David was listening and they both looked over at Grissom as he stood in front of them,

?David you will need to let me know when he comes up with a new story, as I have heard them all over the years?, Grissom said looking at them both.

Nothing was said at first as they all looked at each other then Grissom said, ?I have came to a decision I?m leaving CSI?

David looked at Doc Robbins then back to Grissom, ?You will be missed?, David said

Grissom smiled

?So what are you going to do?? Doc Robbins asked,

Grissom laughed and said, ?Well let?s just say I have figured out a few things?,

Grissom turned and left the morgue leaving the two men looking at each other.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grissom had got good wishes from everyone around the lab over the next two weeks; he worked to get all his paperwork up to date, as Catherine had told him she didn?t want to be left doing paperwork for the next month.

Grissom had most of his office belongings packed up into boxes; he was sitting at his desk thinking back over the years when a knock at the door brought him out of his thoughts,

?Thought you might like some help? the voice said,

The person was out of Grissom?s view with all the boxes stacked up at the door,

Grissom smiled and stood up, ?You didn?t need to come?, Grissom said,

Sara smiled and said, ?I know how you hate goodbyes so I thought we could do it together?,

Grissom slipped his hands round Sara?s waist pulling her close to him ?I?ve missed doing this?. and this?, he said kissing her

?Me too?, Sara said

They stood for a few minutes just looking into each others eyes,

Then Grissom asked ?Do the others know you are here??

?No, I got a cab from the airport, why don?t we get the others and go for breakfast one last time?, Sara said,

?I don?t want to share you with the others?, Grissom said as he kissed her lips, he could feel Sara smile as they kissed.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nick walked into Grissom?s office, Grissom was sitting at his desk, ?Grissom could you take a look at this for me?, he said looking at a piece of paper,

Sara laughed and said, ?I can take a look if you want?,

Nick looked at Grissom then to Sara, who was sitting on the sofa,

?Sara?...what?when did you get here?? Nick asked as they both hugged,

?Not long ago, I thought I would help pack but I see he has done it all by himself?, Sara said,

?You kidding he wouldn?t let any of us help, he said we are a clumsy lot?, Nick said as he stood looking at Sara,

?You look good Sara?, Nick said

?Thanks you don?t look so bad yourself?, Sara said laughing,

Grissom smiled at them both, ?So are we going to see if the others are up for breakfast, and I don?t see anyone not wanting to go as I am paying?

?Count me in, it?s not often we get that offer, I will just finish this off, Nick said laughing as he left the office,

Grissom called out after Nick, ?I thought you wanted me to have a look at something?,

Nick waved the paper in the air and said? I can see you are busy?, and made his way down the corridor.

TBC

sixtyplus

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2008, 02:26:59 PM »
I think that this chapter could be maybe how it will happen on screen ,but in my vision he is in his office when a big dog comes bounding in the door followed by sara saying are  you ready ? LOL well I know we got till 15 th jan as you keep asking if its here yet LOL anyway please continue LOL SOON ;D

caz

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2008, 03:00:45 PM »
Is this soon enough ;)

I know didn't take me long for chapter 6 lol even though it took me ages for the others lol

They had managed to get most to agree to meet at the diner, Brass, doc Robins, David, Hodges, Nick, Catherine, Riley, Mandy and Greg.

Everyone sat in the diner eating breakfast Grissom kept watching Sara as they all laughed and talked, Catherine kicked Grissom under the table and he looked at her, and they both laughed.

?So what are you going to do Grissom?? Greg asked,

?Is it not obvious Greg?, Catherine said looking at Grissom and Sara.

?You know what I mean for work, I can?t imagine you not working?, Greg said pulling a face at Catherine.

Grissom put down his glass and cleared his throat, but before he could say anything Sara stood up and everyone looked at her,

Sara looked at Grissom and smiled, Grissom nodded,

?Before we figure out work we are going to take a long holiday together and then I would like to invite you all to our wedding?,

Catherine looked at Grissom and said, ?Didn?t think you had it in you Gil? Everyone laughed

Sara continued, ?So I hope you can all make, you will find invites in your lockers ?,

Brass stood up and said ?Let?s raise our glasses and cups to Gil and Sara, and the future together for them both?,

Everyone raised a cup or glass and said, ?The future?.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grissom was standing talking to Catherine outside the diner the others stood talking to Sara; Grissom couldn?t keep his eyes off Sara.

?Gil stop looking for a minute she won?t leave without you, not this time?, Catherine said laughing,

?I know but I just feel like this is a new start for the both of us, no shifts, no call outs and no dead bodies, but I will miss it?, Grissom said as Catherine hugged him,

?I just hope you have got all your paperwork up to date for me?, Catherine said as Sara came over to stand next to Grissom.

Grissom laughed and said, ?I couldn?t get it all finished as I was interrupted?,

Sara laughed ?Do not blame me, you have had plenty of time?, Sara said as Greg shouted ?Brass is going to buy some drinks tonight if anyone is up for a party?,

Grissom looked at Jim, Jim knew Grissom wouldn?t be up for a party, ?Greg talked me into it?, Jim shouted,

?Why don?t we all meet up at mine tonight at 6pm?, Catherine said smiling at Grissom,

Everyone agreed, and Grissom said to Catherine ?Thanks?,

?If you both want to have a quiet night I will keep the others entertained, and we will see you at the wedding, congratulations again, You both take care of each other?, Catherine said.

Sara gave Catherine a hug and said, ?Thanks, I hope they won?t be annoyed we don?t turn up tonight?

?Just leave them to me?, Catherine said,

Everyone said Goodbye and left to go home, with some going back to the lab.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grissom had got most of his things ready for going away and Brass was going to look in now and again to check on the house till they decided where they would settle down. And Hank was still with Jim but they would pop over to see him before they went.

Sara and Grissom sat on the sofa in the townhouse; Sara had her head on Grissom?s chest,

?I?m glad you are here Sara?, Grissom said kissing the top of her head,

?I enjoyed today, it was good to see everyone,? Sara said,

?We will see everyone again at the wedding?, Grissom said as he pulled Sara closer,

?why don?t we get some sleep then we can spend one last night together, Catherine will tell the others we won?t be joining them tonight?, Grissom said as he took Sara?s hand and they walked into the bedroom,

?Gil I hope you are not sleepy as I have plans for you tonight, one last night in our bedroom?, Sara said as she pushed Grissom onto the bed.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The next morning Grissom woke first and went out and bought some breakfast as he had cleared all the food from the fridge, on his way back he picked up Hank and when they both got back Grissom opened the door and Hank ran into the house he jumped up on Sara who had just come out the bathroom from having a shower.

?I think he has missed you?, Grissom said laughing at Sara on the floor with Hank all over her,

After breakfast and a long walk in the park Grissom took Hank back to Jim?s house, Sara got everything together and took one last look around the house,

Sara stood looking out the back yard and had a tear in her eyes she smiled, to think at one point I thought we would never be together she thought to herself,

Sara didn?t hear Grissom coming back he stood watching her from the doorway, he smiled and walked over towards Sara,

As he got behind her Sara turned round, ?I love you Gil Grissom,

Grissom smiled and put his hands round her waist, ?I love you too the future Mrs Grissom?,

They both kissed and Sara said, ?We have an hour before we have to leave?,

Lifting Sara up onto the work top Grissom said, ?Sara Sidle I think I can read your mind?,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As they both waked through the airport hand in hand Sara laughed ??What?s so funny honey?, Grissom said,

?I?m just happy Gil that?s all?, Sara said squeezing his hand

As they walked towards the chick in desk Grissom said, ?Are you ready for this?,

Sara kissed him and said, ?You bet took us long enough?

They both laughed.

THE END

sixtyplus

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2008, 03:25:12 PM »
Loved it caz hope you find time to write some more soon ;D

GSRLOVER34

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2008, 07:51:46 PM »
Great story! I about gave up on you finishing this story. lol

caz

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2008, 02:37:09 AM »
sixtyplus : I have started a Christmas one and it is only 1 chapter so won't be long lol

GSRLOVER34  : I gave up on myself finishing it to be honest but I couldn't not finish it then start another.

Thanks for reading even though it took me so long.

Life is a nightmare when it gets in the way. ;)

lad1982

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2008, 06:19:27 AM »
So sad it has come to an end.

I await your next one Caz. Loved it.

Laura